The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Angelo Carbone - The Gift (532 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..31~32~33~34~35..46~47~48 [Next]
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6102 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2017, Marvello wrote:

agreed, with that classic effect it is best just to instruct them to count off as many as they feel they want, don't make them pick a number, if you allow people to just do it on their own without a preconceived number, even if dealing face up they rarely get past 9 or 10. Having them count aloud is a good way to distract them from keepimg track of the cards they have seen, also.

Yes, totally agree.
I always ask them to just deal cards until they feel like stopping. If asked to pick a number they may say a high number but they never deal that many, I also think it gives them a feeling of being more fair as well. I think because they get to in essence choose a card more directly as opposed to choosing a number which then corresponds to a card. Choosing a number and then dealing just feels like more of a procedure and less direct.

The other issue with a high number is that it is just dead time and can get boring and the dealing becomes a chore for them. How many times has someone picked a high number and then later said that if they had known what you were going to have them do they would have chosen 5 instead?
will4gzus
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of will4gzus
I bought The Gift for 74.95, not what you call an inexpensive effect. I was severely disappointed in this and here is why. The first 7 minute video goes through some DIY in case your effect does not work as stated. Really! 74.95 and there is a possibility it does not work as advertised? Sure enough it does not work as stated and now I have to do some DIY. It's not hard but for this price I expect the effect to work as advertised, not "oh yea, you may need to do these things as well".
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
6014 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2017, will4gzus wrote:
I bought The Gift for 74.95, not what you call an inexpensive effect. I was severely disappointed in this and here is why. The first 7 minute video goes through some DIY in case your effect does not work as stated. Really! 74.95 and there is a possibility it does not work as advertised? Sure enough it does not work as stated and now I have to do some DIY. It's not hard but for this price I expect the effect to work as advertised, not "oh yea, you may need to do these things as well".

Totally disgree with this above comment the Gift works perfectly and will last a very long time treated with care as any gift box should be . This video was added by Angelo for some people who needed spoon feeding imho . This is a wonderful effect superbly created and fantastically made . Best wishes Tarik 😊
will4gzus
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of will4gzus
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2017, Tarik Flash wrote:
Quote:

Totally disgree with this above comment the Gift works perfectly and will last a very long time treated with care as any gift box should be . This video was added by Angelo for some people who needed spoon feeding imho . This is a wonderful effect superbly created and fantastically made . Best wishes Tarik 😊

Totally disagree with you! It did not work straight out of the box and I do not need any spoon feeding. For the price the "extra" something for the DIY is not even included, and if you do t have that something extra it's another purchase.
MagicClown
View Profile
New user
South Carolina
3 Posts

Profile of MagicClown
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2017, Tarik Flash wrote:
Quote:

The "work" that the 7-minute video referred to didn't work for me either, however, it was nothing that a PK couldn't fix. Smile
Besides that, The Gift is off the charts awesome! Well made and will definitely be a mainstay in my arsenal of magic.
Show them the magic and watch them smile
will4gzus
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of will4gzus
Agree it's well made my whole point was for the price it should have worked as stated or at least included the "extra" something they recommend to get it working
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6102 Posts

Profile of videoman
Will4gzus, I can understand your frustration and it's certainly unfortunate that it happened. I'm sure no one regrets it more than Angelo and I'm also quite sure that Angelo and Murphy's wished it hadn't happened. But at least they immediately owned the problem and gave suggestions to remedy it. It's an easy 30 second one-time fix. Not really even a fix, just an adjustment. But beyond that everything about the Gift is wonderful and remarkable IMO.

It should be noted that not everyone experienced the issue and for many it did work fine out of the box. They couldn't include the extra thing needed as the whole problem was they didn' realize it would be needed when it shipped.

Hopefully you can get past this understandable initial disappointment and enjoy using the prop. I am very happy Angelo released it. I'm sure future rounds of the prop won't have the issue. I hate to see too much made of this very tiny negative aspect because it really pales in comparison to the all the great things the Gift offers as a versatile utility prop.
carlwag
View Profile
Special user
Huddersfield ,West yorkshire
737 Posts

Profile of carlwag
I ordered mine Friday with Saturn and it came today (fantastic service btw), mine works perfectly without the extra something ,straight out the box , I haven't even done what the video suggests to work it in.
This prop is genius , some great ideas kicking round on the group can't wait to set it all up.

Carl
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2374 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

I just had a killer idea, not sure if this has been discussed or not, since one I am not part of the Facebook group yet, since my The Gift hasnt come in yet.

But I am going to combine The Gift with a very clean Think a Card effect, and it will look impossible to your spectators.

Hint: Combine The Reputation Maker effect from the DVD, from Matthew Wright, with The GIFT.

Here is how I will do it.

First time, perform the regular version of reputation maker, don't call attention to The box, etc, etc.

Say you will repeat it one more time..........do it again.........but instead have them now name their thought of card......lets say 5 of Hearts.

Tell them that all along you knew that they would think of that one, and to look inside the box, and Voila.

What do you all think?

Thanks

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
6014 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
After watching the reputation makers I am even less keen on the think of the card plot than I ever was . Have always felt massively restricted when anyone shows me the cards and certainly see seems obvious you are limited to only about 4 cards so to me would be ideal in some respect for the gift but the think of card whoever does it even then best of them seems restrictive to me . I have had the best show it to me and I always felt I am doing them a favour saying yes I got one . Just my opinion regards Tarik 😊
leosx1
View Profile
Veteran user
334 Posts

Profile of leosx1
In my presentation I let them deal the cards face down and stop whenever they want and let them put down also their stopped at card face down. I then show them the card before and

after it to prove all are different. Due to m******* on the back I know which Card they have stopped at. Then I proceed with the Gift. This presentation creates more suspension imho

as I can reveal my prediction or influence at the same time as their stopped at Card, so the suspension builds up to the last moment. just my 2 cents, hope it inspires. Thanks

Angelo for sharing your wonderful gift.
Sari Atassi
View Profile
New user
Syria
50 Posts

Profile of Sari Atassi
Quote:
On Mar 5, 2017, leosx1 wrote:
Due to m******* on the back I know which Card they have stopped at.

You should be able to know the card they selected just by showing them what they could have chosen..
It's easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled. ~ Mark Twain
leosx1
View Profile
Veteran user
334 Posts

Profile of leosx1
Quote:

On Mar 5, 2017, leosx1 wrote:
Due to m******* on the back I know which Card they have stopped at.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

You should be able to know the card they selected just by showing them what they could have chosen..
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is true, but I prefer to " handle " the Gift ahead of showing them the cards before and after their stopped at Card in order to put as much as possible time misdirection

between the " handle " of the Gift and revealation of the Card.
mjanes
View Profile
New user
Gig Harbor, WA
66 Posts

Profile of mjanes
According to a research article in Scientific American, when asked to merely think of a card, 50% of the time spectators choose the AS, Q, K, or A of H. If a spectator happened to name one of these, without a deck present, it would be stunning ro use the Gift for a prediction.

If another card was named, a BW or ID could be used, the Gift left on the shelf table, not introduced.

Alternatively, a !@#$* deck could be made using these target cards, but given the similarities of their markings it'd be a stretch if they dealt much beyond a dozen.

Just thinking. For now I rather prefer it just as it comes, with the ribbon-tied box, torn instructions note, and deck outside.
ScottMN
View Profile
New user
Tracy, Minnesota
63 Posts

Profile of ScottMN
I'm hesitant because I'm not big on having to do "arts and crafts" to get it working properly... can someone share what issues you had, and how difficult a fix it was? I may have to go to the magic shop about 3 hours away to see in person and make sure it's working before I buy (if the fix is tricky or needs additional purchases) - I'll pay more than online, but at least get to handle it first.
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1887 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
My gift worked great right out of the box !
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review Channel, new reviews coming every week ! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1376 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
There are no arts and crafts involved Scott.
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
Dr. J Maggio
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Dr. J Maggio
Quote:
On Feb 11, 2017, Tarik Flash wrote:
Yes all understood I guess I am just old fashioned and like you say it's just a bonus anyway . I don't like when you ring a company up generally in life and they say fill in a certain form but you have to download it first or set up a direct debit etc instead of paying by cheque or card etc . It's just I don't like things being forced upon us ie a certain way to conform ie if you have no computer you can't get that form or you have to jump through hoops to get someond else to download it for you etc it's just the way the world is going and not something I personally like . I didn't even like efffects coming without a DVD as I like to store my effects with their DVDs or written instructions so I know where to find them immediately , I don't want to be rememdering passwords or what file or PDF that is on or was it on my old lap top etc etc. Anyway back on topic the gift is something I do love and I have my own great ideas and uses for it and can get any information from my friends in person in various alternative ways . Sorry for the rant I am not getting at anyone on here it's just old fashioned me so I apologise . If you buy one thing at Blackpool buy The Gift as I believe I do know a great effect when I see one . Have a good weekend to all Tarik 😊Ps I look forward to meeting lots of you at Blackpool next weekend just 5 more sleeps 😊

Personally, I like my tricks only published via carving them into the sides of trees in a secret forest. I hate this new-fangled "paper."
ScottMN
View Profile
New user
Tracy, Minnesota
63 Posts

Profile of ScottMN
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2017, Angelo Carbone wrote:
There are no arts and crafts involved Scott.

Thank you Angelo - I love the effect and would really like to order; just wanted to know that any bugs were worked out - my budget limits taking chances...
wchoo002
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of wchoo002
Mine worked perfectly out of the box, but Angelo provides instructions in case yours has issues. It doesn't require arts and crafts or take very long.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Angelo Carbone - The Gift (532 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..31~32~33~34~35..46~47~48 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL