The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Angelo Carbone - The Gift (532 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..32~33~34~35~36..46~47~48 [Next]
Argon
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
138 Posts

Profile of Argon
Hi guys, I am also waiting on delivery ;-)

I hava a nice touch to get a 8 out system: Just use 2 boxes and perfom a very nice Equivoque.

At the end just state you have 2 boxes and have to eliminate one. So please choose:
If he chooses the right box, then let him open the othe rbox first and hand him the second (the right) one for opening.
If he chooses the wrong one, tell him to open it and eliminate it.

Very hands off and a small added kicker.

Take care
Stefan
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
6029 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
If you use x act Mike Kirby with this you only ever see the force cards twice and there are 23 completely different cards in between so couldn't be fairer . If you use it for where in the world which is a spin off from x act by Mark Mason you do not need any repeats at all . These are my preferred handlings and any number can freely be named 1/52 or any month and date of the year on where in the world . The trade off is I deal the cards but they are dealt completely fairly face up so no issues for me there regards Tarik 😊
magic11ryan
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of magic11ryan
Just got this yesterday and THIS IS BRILLIANT - Thanks Angelo for releasing this! Absolutely stunning.
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4622 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
I've now been excluded from the private forum to discuss this, because I happen to know that very smart people can see through the provided method. A lot of people didn't like that, and found my comments offensive.

That's a shame, some folks with decades of experience performing magic assure me that NO ONE has ever noticed duplicate cards in the Koran Deck. I told them that just because NO ONE had actually spoken up, and screwed up a performance, that doesn't mean NO ONE had noticed.

I've been performing magic for over 50 years, and I know only too well, that the majority of those who see through the method of the less-than-sophisticated tricks, don't scream it loudly during the performance, they must be pretty clever to work out the method, so they're also clever enough to know putting down the performer will make them look like a jerk....better to wait until later at the bar, to quietly mention it to their friends (and perhaps a pretty woman), and look really smart.

This is EXACTLY what you have here....the provided deck is woefully inadequate if you want to perform an IMPOSSIBLE effect. But, it's fine if you're happy with only 7% of your audience seeing the method, and they will later on brag about it in the bar. That can really be fantastic, if you think about it, everyone can be a winner....

But "The Gift" can be used for impossible effects, if you really think hard.......even though yes, those with sharp eyesight can spot an anomaly too, if you let them.

Audience management? It's how we earn a living. Lol.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
6029 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Potty it's irrelevant for me as I am using where in the world and in can be done with no repeats at all and with x act with a force card repeating itself just twice with 23 different cards between them all dealt face up so there is no issue here at all for me that's why I came up with the idea of using it in this manner as I am not a Koran deck fan myself but the gift itself it's absolutely amazing Tarik 😊
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1376 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
Quote:
On Mar 8, 2017, Potty the Pirate wrote:
I've now been excluded from the private forum to discuss this...

Am confused. No one has removed you or banned you from the group.
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3421 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Tarik, With X-Act, isn't it 11 cards between force cards?
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
6029 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Not in my method no 23 cards regards Tarik 😊
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4622 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Quote:
On Mar 8, 2017, Angelo Carbone wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 8, 2017, Potty the Pirate wrote:
I've now been excluded from the private forum to discuss this...

Am confused. No one has removed you or banned you from the group.

Angelo, I'll say no more, other than your creation is brilliant! "The Gift" is probably the best thing I've purchased in several years. Smile
mjanes
View Profile
New user
Gig Harbor, WA
66 Posts

Profile of mjanes
Tarik, I don't want to be obtuse, but how is X-act (which I do not yet own) a best fit for The Gift (which I do own)?
The trailer fro X-act gives the impression of a single out.
I must not be fully understanding X-act.
If there is a single prediction, and the performer's deal magically matches it at the spectator 's chosen count, why would you need a special Gift box?
Why not just any box, the box simply replaces the envelope from X-act.

I must be missing something.
Not fishing to reveal workings of X-act. Just wanting to understand effect.
Does X-act permit more than a single out? (If you are permitted to say without exposure)
PM me if necessary. I'm willing to purchase x-act if I am persuaded of its benefits.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
6029 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
MJanes pm me if you want to know the answer but yes you can do exactly what I am saying with the combination of the 2 . X act you will see the same card twice in 52 and 23 cards apart and every card different in between and where in the world no repeats at alll but the prediction will be 100 % correct with the gift everytime regards Tarik 😊
dancecoach
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of dancecoach
In the demo @01:11 right after he shakes the box audibly, he shakes it some more, but now the sound is gone. Is this just a bad performance? It didn't fly by me the first time I saw it, and now I'm wondering if he did that to make sure that the box is ready to be passed out.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3010 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Beautifully made. Took me a while to get the knack, but with the trouble-shooting video that comes standard and a little experimentation, it's 100%. The "Bonus" idea, which Carbone taped after the original instructional video, is genius, IMO, and really takes it to another level. Haven't made the "Bonus" props up yet, and it will take some patience and attention to detail, but it's a great idea that seemingly demolishes the possibility of outs.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1135 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
I ordered this in the beginning of February, and still awaiting its delivery. Apparently VERY high demand, and minimal production. Oh well... Smile
Mobius
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of Mobius
Potty the Pirate: If you want to use the same premise as the effect that comes with The Gift but want to use a deck of cards with no repeats then you can adapt Mike Rose's The Grail. Now you have the impossible and 7% of your audience will have nothing to brag about in the bar.

p.s apologies if this has been suggested before but I haven't the energy to read though all the previous posts!
Fligmupple
View Profile
New user
This account will expire in
83 Posts

Profile of Fligmupple
Quote:
On Mar 11, 2017, Mobius wrote:
Potty the Pirate: If you want to use the same premise as the effect that comes with The Gift but want to use a deck of cards with no repeats then you can adapt Mike Rose's The Grail. Now you have the impossible and 7% of your audience will have nothing to brag about in the bar.
Well that's funny. I was just about to post the same recommendation for The Grail (uses a normal deck) but you beat me to it.
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1444 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
Sorry if this has already been answered in this long thread.

Instead of written predictions can regular sized playing cards be used in the box as the prediction?

Thank you
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
6029 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2017, MagicMan1957 wrote:

Instead of written predictions can regular sized playing cards be used in the box as the prediction?

Thank you

No on this as they will be too thick . May get away with Phoenix double deckers regards Tarik 😊
wchoo002
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of wchoo002
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2017, MagicMan1957 wrote:

Thank you

You could use a torn part of a regular card instead also!
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1376 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
Although you can use a thin playing card folded into quarters, it is best to use something like the folder paper which is much bigger in mass in relation to the size of the box.
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Angelo Carbone - The Gift (532 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..32~33~34~35~36..46~47~48 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL