The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Angelo Carbone - The Gift (532 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10..17..24..31..36~37~38~39~40..46~47~48 [Next]
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
559 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Mine arrived yesterday. Tiny bit of fiddling, learning and setting up and it's ready to go. Wow it is absolutely stunnning, versatile and pretty much bomb proof. Thanks Angelo
Maker of Magical Poppets - www.rocktroll.co.uk
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
559 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Neurostand, it's ridiculously examinable, but they will only give it a cursory look anyway....it's just a box!
leosx1
View Profile
Veteran user
334 Posts

Profile of leosx1
The Gift lends itself perfectly as utility device in combination with John Bannon's "Perfect" from Destination Zero page 112
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
559 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
First performance tonight for my wife who literally picks apart every trick I do. I used a decent PK R**g instead of the tt. Both the cards and the box were bombproof.She deliberately kept dealing for ages but spotted nothing and showed absolutely no interest in the box at all because it is after all..just a box! Love it, if it gets past her it will get past anyone. Looking forward to taking it out and about and blowing people away!
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
6029 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On May 6, 2017, Bogbadger wrote:
First performance tonight for my wife who literally picks apart every trick I do. I used a decent PK R**g instead of the tt. Both the cards and the box were bombproof.She deliberately kept dealing for ages but spotted nothing and showed absolutely no interest in the box at all because it is after all..just a box! Love it, if it gets past her it will get past anyone. Looking forward to taking it out and about and blowing people away!

Didn't your Wife notice you had a Pk ring on ? Or do you wear one all the time otherwise surely that would arouse suspicion where as theTT is never seen ? I realise a PK maybe an alternative if the audience doesn't know you so well but your Wife would have noticed it I would of thought Tarik 😊
Matty Freakin Whipple
View Profile
New user
Philadelphia, PA
94 Posts

Profile of Matty Freakin Whipple
Quote:
On May 6, 2017, leosx1 wrote:
The Gift lends itself perfectly as utility device in combination with John Bannon's "Perfect" from Destination Zero page 112

Holy crap that's BRILLIANT! Accomplishes the same effect (a little more procedure heavy, granted, but some might even think of this as a good thing due to the extra feeling of randomization), and leaves you with a 100% normal, fully examinable deck. Oh man, I'm gonna go get a "Perfect" deck ready right now! Bless you, stranger. Great idea/find!
waterford
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of waterford
I have to say, very disappointed so far on this one. Received it a couple days ago. I assume it is from the latest batch as I had to pre-order from Penguin and wait a month or so. The online video instruction begins with apologetic advice how to fix something if the effect does not work perfectly. For close to $80.00? So far "the fix" has not fixed it, and the so-called "sweet spot" remains elusive. I have one more thing to try, which will involve ordering an item off the internet to add to the gimmick. My impression is that this was rushed through production to take advantage of the interest stimulated by rave reviews. No doubt -- the CONCEPT is brilliant. The execution, at least on my model, is not.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
6029 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On May 7, 2017, waterford wrote:
I have to say, very disappointed so far on this one. Received it a couple days ago. I assume it is from the latest batch as I had to pre-order from Penguin and wait a month or so. The online video instruction begins with apologetic advice how to fix something if the effect does not work perfectly. For close to $80.00? So far "the fix" has not fixed it, and the so-called "sweet spot" remains elusive. I have one more thing to try, which will involve ordering an item off the internet to add to the gimmick. My impression is that this was rushed through production to take advantage of the interest stimulated by rave reviews. No doubt -- the CONCEPT is brilliant. The execution, at least on my model, is not.

You probably have the magnet round the wrong way in your TT ie the wrong polarity . It wants to repel not attract that's why not all Pk rings work with it . It's an easy fix and well worth it as is a marvellous effect . If you can't work it out pm me and I will buy it off you less 20% as a spare regards Tarik 😊
waterford
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of waterford
Thanks for the offer Tarik ... but the polarity is correct. It is either not strong enough or the "you know what" are sticking. In fact the "How to Fix it" video that came with it discusses them potentially sticking and suggests a remedy that so far is not working. I'll keep working on it and plan to add another m-----. I'm never looking for something to go out of the box and "into the show", but am disappointed that I cannot yet have confidence in the working of this. Curious to know if anyone else received one with the "how to fix it" video and what your experience has been.
M Pitcher
View Profile
Elite user
Around the block
432 Posts

Profile of M Pitcher
Looks like you got a defective item (it can happen)
Contact your dealer and arrange a replace.

MP
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Quote:
On May 7, 2017, waterford wrote:

Ouch... I always wait after a release to let the bugs show themselves. I too ordered from Penguin and expect it to arrive in a couple of days, thinking it also must have been from a new batch that had been "corrected." Agree with everything you posted, but I will not be trying to "fix" anything.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
6029 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Nothing to fix just turn the TT magnet around it will take you less then a minute . It's well worth it the effect slays Tarik 🙂
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1926 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Considering this came out a few months ago for $80 they should all ready to go

as for the so called "Limited" Gold ones we are now on the 2nd Batch of them so hardly as " Limited" as orignaly made out to be
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1376 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
@JackMagic A specific amount of Gold was to be made. In the first batch the factory did not make enough, hence why there are some available in the second batch.

The boxes are ready to go. Occasionally there may be the odd issue it seems (which has an easy fix), but yes the boxes are ready to go.
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1376 Posts

@waterford. Please check your PMs. My message to you is still unread. Thanks.
Kaan
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Kaan
Any ideas why there are 3 blank cards included - at least in the 2nd batch?
shakuni
View Profile
Inner circle
1069 Posts

Profile of shakuni
@Angelo Carbone

Hi, I sent you purchase proof over at Facebook. Thanks.
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1376 Posts

Quote:
Any ideas why there are 3 blank cards included - at least in the 2nd batch?

They are just there if you want to use them for any routines.
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1376 Posts

For those that have received your trick from the second batch, when you open your deck, just deal them down reversing the order and you will be good to go.
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1185 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
I have been a semi-professional and hobbyist for around 40 years.
I can say in all honesty, this is one THE finest piece of magic I have seen and purchased.

It ticks all the boxes ... true genius.
I only hope the secret remains so ...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Angelo Carbone - The Gift (532 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10..17..24..31..36~37~38~39~40..46~47~48 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL