The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Routines using TWO (identical) shells? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
747 Posts

Profile of karnak
Just wondering if there is much (if any) literature out there regarding routines that employ not just one, but two expanded shells? And not in the sense of them being differently sized so as to nest into each other, or of being shells of different types of coins altogether, but simply using two identical shells, instead of only one?

Sort of like how "The Coins of Ishtar" perhaps somewhat unusually employs not just one but two copper/silver coins. Maybe that's what sparked me wondering: what vistas might open up if a magi decided to have not just one but two expanded shells in play?
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
I Had A few Things! Smile I would Have To look Trou my Stuff! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
747 Posts

Profile of karnak
David, naturally I figured that if anybody had looked into this (or any other) line of approach, you certainly would be one who had done so (since you so thoroughly cover just about every possibility, variation, option, and angle of approach)!

To me, I imagine doing things like a Coins Across where you could show one coin among others instantly vanishing from one hand (simply by shelling it), immediately followed by it instantly reappearing in the other hand among other coins (just by unshelling it), in a manner so clean and clear that it would be hard to do without a shell in each hand.

That sort of thing.

But also of course looking forward to hearing about what even more clever and intricate handlings you might have worked out, along these lines (stuff I probably never would have dreamed of)....
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Dean Dill Has a version of Translocation with two shells for an 8 coin backfire on the Extreme Dean set and John Born has some 2 shell work on the coins dvd of the "Cutting Edge Cards and Coins with Jason Dean and John Born" 3 dvd set. I believe it is also in a translocation effect but I remember a different use for the two.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Hay Man Yea you Got Me Thinking About Again! I got Around 5-6 New things On It ! I can Make Up a list If You Like??? Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
747 Posts

Profile of karnak
Love to see it!
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Barry Taylor had on on his "Shell Shocked" DVD (not to be confused with the more recent Mark Mason "Shell Shocked" routine that comes with his deep dish shell).
PM'ing more info.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Hay Don't Have time Tonight! but I will get It done for You! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
747 Posts

Profile of karnak
Thanks Poof-Daddy, inigmntoya, and David!
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
See Hoffmann's More Magic on the multiplying coins. Two nice routines. Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Invisticone
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of Invisticone
John Born's shadow coins on his penguin live. It uses more than just two shells, but the part I like most is done with 4 coins and 2 shells.
ShawnB
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of ShawnB
Came in to say John Borns translocation with backfire... Great effect
Shawn.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Routines using TWO (identical) shells? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL