The Magic Café
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Looking for this (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

View Profile
New user
North Wales UK
75 Posts

Profile of Griflex
I saw this effect and would like to purchase it...Does anyone know what it is named?

A description of effect....

Magician holds the five pound note at either end and gets a spectator to cut it in the middle with a pair of scissors. The magician then puts 2 halves on top of each other and unfolds them to show a restored five pound note.

Thanks in advance
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2678 Posts

Profile of John Long
There are really many ways to do this, but your description sounds like an effect that is commonly referred to as Clippo.

The magi openly starts with two bills:

The two bills/notes are openly shown; places them on top of the other; then allows both to be cut (simultaneously); then the bills are shown that each is whole.

If this is what you want, you can find this in several books including Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic under the name Inflation. The method can be applied differently to a single bill, but the cut would be done while the bill is folded.

You can get Wilson's book for about $10 on Amazon, and it has a ton of other good effects

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Looking for this (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL