The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Individual learning. (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BlindWizard
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of BlindWizard
I got ahold of Card College. I made out a syllabus to keep me on point with practice. I hoped to work straight through as the course is intended. I am learning that there are quite a few techniques and tricks that I am unable to do because of my lack of sight. There is still a great deal I can do and even modify some things.

I am look for advice on things to focus on given my situation.

Has anyone else had to do something similar with the learning experience do to situation, or performing style?
NWJay
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of NWJay
BlindWizard, I have a slightly similar problem of not being able to learn some card techniques. While I don't have sight issues, I do have a condition in my right arm which means I can't rotate my hand to get my palm up (radioulnar synostosis). As such, some instructions/sleights are near impossible. HOWEVER, I have found that if I think about it, there are usually workarounds or alternative methods which I can use. I might not always be doing something "textbook" but as long as it achieves the same end (and still can't be spotted!) it's all good. It can be a little frustrating at times, but I try and focus on what I can do and don't worry about the things I can't as there's nothing I can do about it.

So I don't have a lot of practical advice but just to say you're not alone!
BlindWizard
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of BlindWizard
Quote:
On Feb 10, 2017, NWJay wrote:
It can be a little frustrating at times, but I try and focus on what I can do and don't worry about the things I can't as there's nothing I can do about it.

So I don't have a lot of practical advice but just to say you're not alone!

This is some great advice thank you.
ThSecret
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of ThSecret
@NW your post reminded me of Mahdi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmOdOMt48rM .... And people complain about small hands when palming....

Everyones dealing with something, you just have to keep pushing forward, and Never Give Up. #GoodVibes (:
"A play does not take place on stage but in the minds of the spectators."
NWJay
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of NWJay
Wonderful video and performer! And a good demonstration that you can take something that might seem insurmountable and with a little creativity and hard work make something special from it instead!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Individual learning. (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL