We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » XCHANGE » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

virtualwizard
View Profile
Regular user
Bailey Island, Maine
117 Posts

Profile of virtualwizard
Has anyone seen a review of this yet?

From the creative mind of Eric Jones and from Tango Magic, we introduce Xchange. With this semi-automatic coin trick, a copper and silver coin exchange places in the most magical ways. The final sequence even involves a coin changing in the spectator's hand! The magic is disarming, yet simple to do. The ease of handling allows you to concentrate on presenting to your audience rather than having to remember difficult sequences. The set includes 4 coins of Tango Magic quality and a link to video instructions. You'll love this!
Mike the Magician
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3530 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Yes, I have this, and I am really loving it! You may already have some of the gimmicks, but what I found after I received it is that they have created some gimmicks where two gimmicks go together, if that makes sense. It also comes with two matching ungimmicked coins.

Eric Jones is an excellent performer and he explains things really well.

One little issue I had is there is a move where the coins are tossed from hand to hand that I found difficult to do consistently. The coins have to land a certain way or the whole trick is ruined. I have modified this phase to be done differently so I don't risk exposing the trick if my toss doesn't go well.

I would love to get some input from some café members on:

I have a more formal coin routine that I do that uses the JJ Jurney Eisenhower dollars.

I really like this as a more informal coin routine. I would like to be able to do it from the coin pouch in my wallet. I just need some pointers one how best to take four coins from a coin pouch so the close-up audience only thinks I have removed two.

I have worked out a routine where the ungimmicked coins start out in each of my back pockets. I go through the various phases, similar to what he does, but toward the end, I have the coins trade places as one of my hands is behind my back. At that point, I end up with one ungimmicked and one gimmicked. I then do more of the tradition copper/silver in their hand, leaving the ungimmicked coin in their hand as the gimmicked coin goes behind my back again. They open their hand to see the coin has changed and I come out with the other ungimmicked coin and now both can be examined.

However, that works best when I start with the ungimmicked coins in my back pocket, not everything in the coin pouch.

I suppose I could just take a few seconds to take the two ungimmicked coins from the coin pouch in my wallet and place them in my back pockets. bit I would really like to work out some handling that doesn't require the initial setup.

kj
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7335 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Please use the search function...

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=218
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » XCHANGE » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL