We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Question about Enchantments by Wesley James (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicSteve84
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of MagicSteve84
I am a walk around magician and very rarely have the use of a table when entertaining. I love cards however. This combination has forced me to abandon tricks that need a table or reconstruct the effects so it can be done in-the-hands. I know that Enchantments by Wesley James is book of the year and I was hoping that someone could answer my question. How much of this book (what percent) can be done without the use of a table? and in your own opinion, how much of the effects requiring a table can be altered to be presented in-the-hands? Any responses or reccomendations will be greatly appreciated.
JimMaloney
View Profile
Inner circle
1184 Posts

Profile of JimMaloney
A number of the effects are fine for walkaround. There's a whole section on packet tricks, all of which I believe can be done completely in the hands. The Ambitious Card routine is good for walkaround, and Brownian Movement could certainly be adjusted to be done entirely in the hands. Watch the Wild Ace happens in the hands, but I think the aces are placed on teh table once you're done with them. I'm not sure if it would be safe to place them into a spectator's hand due to the gaffs involved, but that may be a judgement call. Two of the sections (Shuffles and False Deals) are obviously restricted to table routines.

I'd say that at least a third could be done (or could be modified to be done) entirely in the hands. I'm just basing that off my memory of the effects. I think you should get the book -- even if you don't use a lot of the effects, there's much to be learned from how they are constructed and presented. I do think, though, that you'll be able to find several items that you will use.

-Jim
Books and Magazines for sale -- more than 200 items (Last updated January 17th, 2014. Link goes to public Google Doc.)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Question about Enchantments by Wesley James (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL