The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The words we use » » Wonder Words (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1931 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
Good suggestions Gambit! I'll have to look up Brooks. Richard Bandler can get a little weird, even for me.
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
j
View Profile
New user
Belton, Missouri
33 Posts

Profile of j
I think I just read a book about NLP in a business setting (got it from the local library a couple months ago), I think. GambitUK1 is this the Stephen Brooks you are talking about? If so, then his stuff is pretty good in my begginer's opinion. Just my two cents.
Man, I hope he chooses a card soon!
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
Hi,
Not sure to be honest with you. I was not aware that Brooks had written such a book but he could well have done. A classic of his is the Art of Indirect Hypnosis video. Brooks ran seminars and training sessions which were taped and 99% of his stuff was released on video / tape / CD etc.
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
You all should check out "Maximum Entertainment" by Ken Weber. It covers all this and a whole lot more.
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
tmoca
View Profile
Inner circle
1113 Posts

Profile of tmoca
Quote:
On 2005-01-16 18:11, gambituk1 wrote:
if you have been performing for a while there is a good chance that you already do a lot of this.

That's the point of WW and Knepper says it right on the tape. Many of us have been using this for years including myself, but again, WW tells you why and makes you aware of it. That's what I stated before.

And I second the "Maximimun Entertainment" plug
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26941 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
This thread has a neighbor.

The café list currently reads:

Wonder Words
Alien Autopsy

I agree.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3240 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
I had the CD's and sold them. They are over hyped as well as over priced in my opinion because most of the stuff I would not be able to sell to an audience. However, there is some psychological subtlties that I liked so I did not see them as a total loss.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
MagoStevo
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of MagoStevo
I just ordered mine yesterday and waiting to get form Kenton Knepper when he arrives at Blackpool convention.hopefully I can get some face to face question to bombard him.Will update you guys when I've done!
Never ever have bad thought,you never know who is listening....
Doc Eason
View Profile
V.I.P.
Aspen Colorado
428 Posts

Profile of Doc Eason
Put me down as a fan of these concepts, I use them all the time and I think they are terrific. I listen to them months later and hear something I didn't hear before... some of this takes repetition ... if they don't light your candle, fine. but I am sold on the effectiveness... now in fairness some of the stuff I don't buy in to... but in working for real people every day, I use a lot of the techniques.

yes it is really helpful if you write your scripts... that way you can *see* where concepts can apply.

the CDs are the way to go

but for the curious ... I do have some cassette tapes leftover that are GREATLY discounted... contact me ... doc@doceason.com

doc
Doc Eason’s Rocky Mountain Magic

PO Box 50 / Basalt CO 81621

doc@doceason.com

http://doceason.com

http://doceasonmagicshop.com
Enigmo
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of Enigmo
The actual problem with the material is that it is hyped so much that it might create expectations that are somewhat impossible to meet, hence the disappointment that some may feel and the impression that they are over-priced.

These tapes will not turn you into instant mentalist or magical stars with superhuman abilities.

That being said, I really like the material as it has provided me with some useful tools to assist me in producing better patter. Every time I listen to the material I do seem to assimilate something new I can use. In that regards, I personally do not regret my investment. Prior to listening to that material, I had no prior knowledge of NLP. Since then, I have bought a few books on NLP. However, most of the material printed in these books is too convoluted for me to use in a magic setting. Mr Knepper has done a good job organizing and providing practical magic related examples.

It is true that I subconsciously already used some of the material. However, it has made more aware of the power of my patter.

Just my opinion...

J-L
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The words we use » » Wonder Words (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL