The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Hit by Luke Jermay (27 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Marc O
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
755 Posts

Profile of Marc O
Quote:
On Dec 19, 2020, ArtIn wrote:
If you have a look at what you received with HIT: does two of hearts ring a bell?
You can send a direct message if you noticed something.
Iam just curious if something is wrong with my set.

I love this effect, but there should have been more thought in to it about which cards to choose.
Some face cards should have been used, and indeed the two of hearts is a problem that easily could have been avoided.
no2ss
View Profile
Special user
California
755 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Quote:
On Dec 31, 2020, ebursztein wrote:
Ordered it a while back and just finally got the chance to look at it last night. I love it BUT there is a slight problem with the cards choice. I don't want to expose it so can't say to much but let just say there is a pattern between the phases. This bothered me all night so today took the time to write a little program to find the optimal solution to the issue. I thought I would make it available to all of you that might want to tweak their version so its even more deceptive Smile

- Luke original configuration give you those table: https://github.com/ebursztein/hitmeup/bl......9_2_3.md
- You can decide to "widen" with this: https://github.com/ebursztein/hitmeup/bl......9_2_3.md
- Or even this: https://github.com/ebursztein/hitmeup/bl......0_2_3.md

Note: I had to find the right balance between making the tables legible and avoiding exposing the method so feel free to PM me if you want more details. The code is also available under CC0 if you want to brew your own: https://github.com/ebursztein/hitmeup

Happy new year!

Oooh. This is super helpful.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1725 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
My 2 of hearts looks fine on my Bicycle gimmicks
dvno
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of dvno
If you have trouble with the last phase where the spec might lose whether she decides that you or she get the last card: I put the focus on the first decision where she pics two out of four face up cards. I then have a look at the next card, which I might bring into play and tell her to consider that it might be good to not taking the highest value because there will be another card added to either my or her hand if this is a high card he might be over 21. For me, this prevents you from a situation where she might say „well, I would have lost regardless of what I decided“. Hope this doesn’t give too much away. Happy new year everybody.
ebursztein
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of ebursztein
Glad you find it useful Smile
casco1
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of casco1
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2021, dvno wrote:
If you have trouble with the last phase where the spec might lose whether she decides that you or she get the last card: I put the focus on the first decision where she pics two out of four face up cards. I then have a look at the next card, which I might bring into play and tell her to consider that it might be good to not taking the highest value because there will be another card added to either my or her hand if this is a high card he might be over 21. For me, this prevents you from a situation where she might say „well, I would have lost regardless of what I decided“. Hope this doesn’t give too much away. Happy new year everybody.

Nice. I have decided not to use the last phase, it is an insult to an intelligent person
dvno
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of dvno
For me it’s pretty much fixed with my described method. When the spec then pics the 9 and the 6 and gets a 10 added - well, then it was her choice. Instead she could have picked a lower combination and would have won with the added card. I think what might feel as an insult to an intelligent person, as you called it, is that the spec‘s first choice of what cards she picked gets a little lost and I think, it’s important to mention that another card will be added before the spec made her choice of the two cards. Then it’s pretty fair.
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1211 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
I am surprised that no one here noticed that the cards were incorrectly printed.
In the meantime I have found out that the misprint occurs with the Bicycle and Phoenix variant.
Here the same card values ​​are repeated twice.
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1211 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2021, reignofsound wrote:
My 2 of hearts looks fine on my Bicycle gimmicks

Thank you for your feedback!
Do you have it printed on two cards?
It should only be one card with two of hearts.
Marc O
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
755 Posts

Profile of Marc O
Quote:
On Jan 4, 2021, ArtIn wrote:
I am surprised that no one here noticed that the cards were incorrectly printed.
In the meantime I have found out that the misprint occurs with the Bicycle and Phoenix variant.

I am surprised that you haven't read this topic more carefully.
Between the lines you can read that you are not the first one to notice this Smile
casco1
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of casco1
Quote:
On Jan 3, 2021, dvno wrote:
For me it’s pretty much fixed with my described method. When the spec then pics the 9 and the 6 and gets a 10 added - well, then it was her choice. Instead she could have picked a lower combination and would have won with the added card. I think what might feel as an insult to an intelligent person, as you called it, is that the spec‘s first choice of what cards she picked gets a little lost and I think, it’s important to mention that another card will be added before the spec made her choice of the two cards. Then it’s pretty fair.

Yes, absolutely. Your point is fair and as I said it is a nice idea. I am willing to test it. Thank you for sharing
Taylor Jarratt
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Taylor Jarratt
Just thought I’d point out that with the last phase after the final card has been added you can give the spectator the option to switch hands. Luke doesn’t really make a big point of this in the explanation but I’ve found that it makes the last phase far more interesting and it also gets rid of the issues mentioned above.
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1211 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On Jan 4, 2021, Marc O wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 4, 2021, ArtIn wrote:

I am surprised that you haven't read this topic more carefully.
Between the lines you can read that you are not the first one to notice this Smile

Iam very sorry, I totally overlooked your comment.
dirtyfoucault
View Profile
New user
UK
83 Posts

Profile of dirtyfoucault
Interesting how subjective presentation really is. Luke's classy, understated performance, completely congruent with the trailer's black and white old school vibe, really sold this to me. It's completely in keeping with his 'character' and, for me, really works. My only issue is trying to develop a presentation that matches it...
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8825 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2021, dirtyfoucault wrote:
Interesting how subjective presentation really is. Luke's classy, understated performance, completely congruent with the trailer's black and white old school vibe, really sold this to me. It's completely in keeping with his 'character' and, for me, really works. My only issue is trying to develop a presentation that matches it...

The very best of luck to you. You’re gonna need it. Zzzzzz
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
729 Posts

Profile of dyoung
You've already stated that with your imagination you can't imagine this playing well... ZZzZzZZZz Smile
dirtyfoucault
View Profile
New user
UK
83 Posts

Profile of dirtyfoucault
Whatever works for ya, innit
walkernick86
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of walkernick86
Ive hear pros that kill with this effect! I guess we can make our own judgements, or we can let our spectators decide lol. I just got this effect and I love it. I have made my own gimmicks. In my version in the last round, where I show 4 cards, I have it so the spectator has a hand adding up to 20 and me 10. Even though 1 more round is played with one more ‘mystery’ card, I win.
This effect is Ace! Well done Luke!
SoloDoubleAct
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
34 Posts

Profile of SoloDoubleAct
I'm really surprised at the amount of people STILL debating if this is a good effect or not. Often that is a very subjective thing, of course, and we all have different personas and working environments; but every spectator I've performed this for loved it! I wonder how many naysayers have performed this "live" and what the spectator's said about it?
AutarchicFlux
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of AutarchicFlux
I would go so far as to say there's no effect here. Beyond snoozer. "When does the trick start?"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Hit by Luke Jermay (27 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL