The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Hit by Luke Jermay (27 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Maxyedid
View Profile
Special user
Panama
619 Posts

Profile of Maxyedid
Why do you call him “Jermey”?
Have a nice day
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1426 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
Well, I got it right in my earlier post!

And I believe I spelled his name correctly back in a post I made in April...or maybe it was Mey?
Chollet
View Profile
Regular user
Don't be fooled by the fact I only have
187 Posts

Profile of Chollet
Quote:
On Dec 16, 2020, Mr. Mindbender wrote:

And I believe I spelled his name correctly back in a post I made in April...or maybe it was Mey?

Meybe it was...
Luke Master
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Luke Master
Quote:

Meybe it was... [/quote]

Mr. Mindbender and Chollet, I very much enjoy your sense of humor! Thank you for a good laugh.
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1426 Posts

Chollet, can’t believe I missed that!!
Chollet
View Profile
Regular user
Don't be fooled by the fact I only have
187 Posts

Profile of Chollet
Quote:
Chollet, can’t believe I missed that!!

It's okey. Sometimes, that's the just the wey it is. I'm sure the puns and wit will be in abundance another dey.

(I think I'm done)
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1211 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
If you have a look at what you received with HIT: does two of hearts ring a bell?
You can send a direct message if you noticed something.
Iam just curious if something is wrong with my set.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12200 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:

It was May.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12200 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Dec 16, 2020, John C wrote:
I agree with mr mb. Certainly live all of Luke’s philosophy.

I will use this.

Or love all his stuff. I live for it.
walkernick86
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of walkernick86
Quote:
On Dec 15, 2020, Mr. Mindbender wrote:
Okay, so I took the plunge and glad I did. First off, although for some, the pacing of the trailer was slow (and I'd agree), Jermey explains how, due to the simplicity yet flexibility of the method, the pace of the routine can be adjusted based on your presentation style and the situation.

Also, Jermey offers a few additional presentation ideas beyond the "I'm going to influence you" approach. His suggestion of using a pendulum is rather nice!

Finally, I adjusted the effect to incorporate several court cards and even an Ace - so the distribution of cards feels much more random to me. In doing so, I did have to lose the presentation angle of "I want to beat you, but not so badly that you lose hope..." In the download, Jermey says he particularly likes that line, but me? Not so much...to each his own. I find it slightly illogical because in Black Jack, losing by just one is irrelevant. Bottom line is that the participant made the wrong decision between two hands and I want to keep the focus on that.

By removing the idea of "losing by only one" it not only freed me up to use court cards and an ace, but also, each phase didn't have to have two cards of the same value - which happens in all four phases of Jermey's version in the trailer.

But hey, I understand this is a personal preference, and others might not care about any of what I care about.

Bottom line is that I think this is a terrific effect, and as with everything I buy of Jermey's, I find his thinking and creative process informative and inspirational!

Thanks for this. It was a big help and I happen to totally agree with you. I am not so keen on the off by one plot. Winning is winning and losing is losing and that’s what should be emphasised. Sounds like it’s a great effect though, judging by what yourself and others have said.
Definitely buying this out of Christmas money lol!
casco1
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of casco1
I like it a lot, but I don’t think the last phase would fool anyone.
Oliver Munoz Gutierrez
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Oliver Munoz Gutierrez
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2020, casco1 wrote:

Tried it a few times and only magicians had a salution to this a routine. I have more a problem with presentation. Im still trying to make it more interesting.
walkernick86
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of walkernick86
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2020, Oliver Munoz Gutierrez wrote:
Quote:

Tried it a few times and only magicians had a salution to this a routine. I have more a problem with presentation. Im still trying to make it more interesting.

If you want a more “interesting” routine, then don’t get into mentalism. Stick with visual street magic for the mental attention deficient lol.
Mentalism tends to be process heavy and relies on a lot of words. Personally I love this kind of routine in the right situation.
I think that it’s a case of choosing the right effect at the right time for the right audience, rather than trying to make the effect fit.
Anyone who is fascinated with human behaviour, psychology and Derren Brown will most likely love this effect.
Dynamo fans will want to see a ‘card through window’ or something equally pointless ha ha.. ;-)
Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
781 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
Mr mindbender,are your glasses special order.Tri trifocals or home made?
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1426 Posts

Ha! Don't even want to begin to describe the design of my special boxer shorts!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12200 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Dec 22, 2020, Mr. Mindbender wrote:
Ha! Don't even want to begin to describe the design of my special boxer shorts!

You mean your “lucky” shorts.
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1211 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On Dec 19, 2020, ArtIn wrote:
If you have a look at what you received with HIT: does two of hearts ring a bell?
You can send a direct message if you noticed something.
Iam just curious if something is wrong with my set.

You guys have no card repeats? 2x 2H? 🤔
casco1
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of casco1
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2020, Oliver Munoz Gutierrez wrote:
Quote:

Don’t get me wrong, the method is solid. But in the last phase you are not using is (i am talking about the routine of the trailer) and any spectator who can add 7 to 15 would realize that he was in a lose-lose situation. Better to finish the routine at the third phase
AutarchicFlux
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of AutarchicFlux
I don't get this at all. Nothing magical seems to happen - it's a rather boring sequence of events with nothing extraordinary about it, and no real punchline or presentational hook. Luke has put out some great stuff over the years, but I just don't see laymen being at all interested by this, let alone impressed or "fooled" (by what?)
dvno
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of dvno
For me, this is perfect.

When you are going for influencing your spec this is your thing. I love direct mentalism, I love Mozique's one. When you receive this, there won't be something completely new.

This is straight forward.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Hit by Luke Jermay (27 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL