The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » A Study On Lennart Green (Takumi Takahashi) (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MSD921
View Profile
Special user
584 Posts

Profile of MSD921
Codydavismagic - now that you have played with this for a week, any updated thoughts? Can a mortal get cards to coins mastered?
codydavismagic
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of codydavismagic
I haven't been able to dedicate full time to this but it is definitely coming a long. Bigger coins seem to make it easier but I can kind of do it with Quarters now. Starting with just one card to coin and progressing up is a lot easier and I found it's a better way to practice it. I would say that it is very possible, but it is going to take a lot of work, and some time to get it down looking flawless.
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
Codydavismagic, thanks for the review !
codydavismagic
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

You are very welcome!
MSD921
View Profile
Special user
584 Posts

Profile of MSD921
Bought this and watched through the entire video. Good quality and presented very well. I am most interested in the snap deal and top shot, as I have learned both through Lennart Green videos. I think both of these slights are stunning when performed well. Takumi has chops and a very nice way about him. He teaches all of the moves well. Candidly, I think Mr. Green is more thorough, and detailed, with his teachings as he really takes his time to explain nuances of the moves, and how to adapt each to your abilities and style. That said, there are some nice new things on the new download and I think it is always good to see a variety of styles for the same slights.

The cards to coins on the download is stunning. It will take some practice, but if you have the snap deal down, it will just be a matter of learning how to to feed the coins. Someone mentioned that the card to coins was on Volume 6 of Green Magic, as a bonus routine (Xirtram). That is a snap deal coin routine, but NOT a production, as is shown on the new download.

Rewatching some of the Green videos has reminded me just how amazing he is.
codydavismagic
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Great Review MSD921!
Bill08
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
581 Posts

Profile of Bill08
I think a lot of this was covered on Lennart's Penguin Live lecture as well
Gregor Mann
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Gregor Mann
Quote:
On Mar 5, 2017, Bill08 wrote:
I think a lot of this was covered on Lennart's Penguin Live lecture as well

I am a big fan of Lennarts work and have watched his Penguin Live Lecture, but in all honesty, it is not so easy to follow his explanations in his lecture. Especially when it comes to the snap deal and top shot, every detail is important.

Sometimes things become so easy for the Master that he forgets where his students might struggle.
That´s why this project makes total sense! Takumi teaches it perfectly!
Mr Green encouraged Takumi to bring this project to live to keep his legacy alive and Takumi did a great job.

I must admit that I am a fan of Takumis magic and that I have followed his magic on instagram for more than a year now. Maybe you are uncertain if this project is worth your money or if it is just another rushed out project to make some money (like it is very often the case these times), I can guarantee you that it is a great project!
Here is a compilation of performances of Takumi https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXdDE9-hZl0
My latest Rubberband effect
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/7616

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-rjVv3a60g&t=18s
10 Tricks that might fool you or not Smile
MSD921
View Profile
Special user
584 Posts

Profile of MSD921
Gregor. Thanks so much for the link. Serious chops and love the misers dream production. Any idea what rubber band routine that is, if it is a commercial one? Seeing stuff like this just gets ya grabbing the deck, again!
Gregor Mann
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Gregor Mann
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2017, MSD921 wrote:
Gregor. Thanks so much for the link. Serious chops and love the misers dream production. Any idea what rubber band routine that is, if it is a commercial one? Seeing stuff like this just gets ya grabbing the deck, again!

The rubberband Routine is very likely "flush" by John Stessel.

And yes that stuff is inspiring Smile
My latest Rubberband effect
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/7616

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-rjVv3a60g&t=18s
10 Tricks that might fool you or not Smile
MSD921
View Profile
Special user
584 Posts

Profile of MSD921
Thanks Gregor
gillesA4
View Profile
Elite user
Brussels, Belgium
486 Posts

Profile of gillesA4
I wonder, is somebody seriously working on this?I feel so alone in front of my mirror *sigh*...
Oh, all these coins on the floor, around me...
MSD921
View Profile
Special user
584 Posts

Profile of MSD921
You are not alone!! Working hard on it. Already had a decent snap deal but this motivated me to drag it back out. The coin production, however, is a whole new world!! Training those fingers to drop one at a time, having them out of the way for the cards to nest, etc.....UGH!Love the top-shot too. That is all about finding the perfect pressure points. Anyway, misery loves company, so they say, so let's push on!!
bpearce
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of bpearce
Anyone have on tips on making the snapping sound? Oddly enough I can get the sound when snap dealing multiple cards, but cannot get the sound at all when only dealing one card by itself. To put it another way, when dealing multiple cards the first card makes no snap sound but the second card and all the rest I can get them to. I honestly felt Takumi's explanations were really underexplained and I have been having to go back, to watch over, and over again.
There will always be someone better at some things than you are. There will always be someone worse at some things than you are. All you can really do in the end, is aim to be better than you were yesterday.
bpearce
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of bpearce
Okay wow! LOL, I was making that way too complicated and being wayyyy too heavy handed with cards. Definitely requires a much lighter touch.
There will always be someone better at some things than you are. There will always be someone worse at some things than you are. All you can really do in the end, is aim to be better than you were yesterday.
billy032
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of billy032
I bought this month ago. The entire video is about 90 mins long. Snap deal and its applications are about 70 mins. Get this if you were a big fan of snap deal. Don't if you wasm't.
COB
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of COB
In the middle of challenging my hands to adjust to Dollar size coins for all my sleights and got myself some ikes to play with. Anyone else working on the card to coin with dollar size coins? I'm wondering if I should push through the challenge like I did with other coin sleights or whether the mix of snap deal grip might limit it. Thoughts?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » A Study On Lennart Green (Takumi Takahashi) (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL