The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » FREE TOY INSIDE! - Sudosuke (31 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7039 Posts

Profile of bowers
Well what can I say other than another
genius effect from Sudo.They just keep
coming from him.Well thought out effect.
Thanks so much Sudo.Another homerun for sure.
Todd Smile
Adam Hince
View Profile
Elite user
Pittsburgh, PA
488 Posts

Profile of Adam Hince
Attempted to PM but it looks like you're very popular! Out of PM space!

Regards,
Adam
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1582 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
This is devilishly sneaky. Then again, that is what we've come to expect from Sudo. Smile He has extended the marvelous Maven effect and added a little known old principle to give extra impact to the ending. He also gives an excellent alternative handling that would be well suited for close up. Essentially it is a "propless method" that could be done completely impromptu if the right situation presented itself.

The thing I love about his thinking is that it is for the worker. No pipe dreams here or effects with a thousand questions before you get the pay off.

Overall another winner. It comes with a high recommendation from me whatever price tag is attached to this.
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
tenchu
View Profile
Special user
Europe
949 Posts

Profile of tenchu
"ERROR: The user "Sudo Nimh" has run out of space. All users are limited to 60 total topics."

Oh no!

Mike
Cervier
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1261 Posts

Profile of Cervier
Even though I'd told him I already had too much on my hands, Sudo shared this with me, and I don't regret it!

Simple, effective, well structured... There isn't much I can write that hasn't already:
- extension on Max Maven's Korutsuke. Not mere icing on the cake, no, a real new layer Smile
- a simple way of discovering a participant's choice (known method, perfectly in tune with the theme, simple, effective)
- and a suggestion for a method that's known and old, but cleverly adapted, and I would even say, extended.

Very nice piece of work, clever and sturdy. Smile Smile
"A friend is someone who know you well but loves you anyway" H. Lauwick
The Lynx Deck, http://jmmaries.free.fr/cervier/
Grapheeteez, on GooglePlay
Telemos the peek envelope, on SkywardMagic
Telemos en Francais sur TheMysteryStore
Cervier
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1261 Posts

Profile of Cervier
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2017, Alexxander wrote:
Finally an approach to kurotsuke that is not lie-detector-themed.

!?
MAx Maven's approach isn't a lie detector one! Mine (which of course you don't know Smile ) isn't either... Derren Brown's is. Does your remark mean most performer you think of just follow D.B.?

The way I usually do Korutsuke is in a three-step curve, that routine being the first: I feel/read between two "options" (black or white), like the longs and shorts of the Morse code. From the telepgraph I go to the telephone (reading words) then to photography (DD) or to films (a scene from a book or a movie).

There are other approaches then PNL and body language Smile
"A friend is someone who know you well but loves you anyway" H. Lauwick
The Lynx Deck, http://jmmaries.free.fr/cervier/
Grapheeteez, on GooglePlay
Telemos the peek envelope, on SkywardMagic
Telemos en Francais sur TheMysteryStore
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1554 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Thank you for all the wonderful comments. I wish I could share the reasons for why I do things this way, but the Café isn't the right place for that kind of sobering discussion.

As for my inbox, like everybody, I have a few saved messages. But here's the problem: when I send out a pdf or reply to somebody, that is still in my 'sentbox' and counts towards the limit of 60. Now if I send out a bunch of replies and then those people don't visit right away and retrieve them, my box fills up and they just sit there until they come and get them. What's worse is that the links in those replies expire automatically after a period of time. And then I get further messages saying "dude the file isn't available" from those same people I've already replied to, and then I have to do it all over again. Very frustrating.

So long story short: patience. I am on here several times a day and do my best to get to everybody as best as I can, but sometimes there's nothing I can do until people retrieve their messages so I can clear them.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12219 Posts

Profile of John C
I'm going to wait till it's on sale.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1554 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Quote:
On Feb 24, 2017, John C wrote:

Now there is a REAL buddy.

If you're anxious, I'll upload it to the site. I very much appreciate that about you.

You know I will always kick you the odd freebie here and there too, right?. Smile
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1554 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
For those people who want to support my work or are just anxious, it is now available on my site. I will be sending out a few more copies, but not for much longer folks.

And to those who purchase this: Thank-you for your support. It is GREATLY appreciated. Some people seem to think I make a lot of money doing this - nothing could be further from the truth....

Thanks again. Smile
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
2000 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
This is a great routine. It has several factors that I highly value. It is low-tech (I don't object to special gadgets, but I prefer routines that don't demand them). The props can be carried in your pocket (which is a great benefit, as you could actually do this in informal gatherings if you wanted to). The props are cheap to put together (again, I don't object to special props, but I only have so much cash and if I spend a lot on something, I am less likely to risk loss or damage).

Thank you, Sudo, for your generosity. I used to love free toys in the cereal and this is even better than the time I got the toy car. And neck-and-neck with the see-behind spy sunglasses (which I still have, actually - with the Post Raisin Bran logo on them!)

-Patrick
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1245 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
I have to say that I really like this as well. And I really think it opens up the use of Max's classic routine to be able to add all kinds of new presentation opportunities (readings) and you can actually use the fact that the person is choosing different colors to collect all kinds of different information (star sign elements among others) as a bonus of just performing the basic routine. Creative people could really put this routine to work! Glad to see Sudo is sharing his knack for simplicity with us.
www.reddevilmentalism.com
F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
Argon
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
125 Posts

Profile of Argon
Hi everyone,
I would also like to congratulate Sudo on this effect. When reading this manuscript it starts out at the basics and you follow along nodding yes, I know that, yes fine. Then when he continues you really appreciate his twist on the classics.

But it just keeps getting better and I could not help smile very widely when I finished reading. I jumped up, grabbed 5 random objects and startet to test if this really works that simple and bingo.

His last propless version is a genius idea. Congrats Sudo!

Cheers
Stefan
Dr Art
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of Dr Art
Kurotsuke has always fascinated me because it had a theatrical look to it and some mysterious props and there are reasons why it is a classic of magic. But it also seemed sort of boring after all was said and done.

Sudosuke takes the boring out the effect. There is a personal touch for the participant and the audience can relate to it also. And the tension builds nicely, There are no hard to find props to buy or put together.

It almost makes me want to do parlor or stage. But if you do not, there is also a clever close up routine using the same props or any other random items you can borrow off spectators that can be done with one or two participants.

Mikey likes it.
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1554 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Hi guys.

Once again, thank-you for all the appreciation and I am super happy that those of you who have received this are really enjoying it.

You know, life works in mysterious ways. There is somebody here at the Café who has decided to help by financially sponsoring my efforts here at the Café so that I can continue to do as I have been doing and sharing with you all in my normal fashion. So though they remain anonamous, you also secretly have them to thank as well. Smile

I will be sending out the the remaining requests I have in waiting today. If you're still interested in this piece, it is now available on my website. In other words, I am no longer taking requests for this.

But stay tuned, as I am hard at work in writing up my next release which should be ready in the next 2 or 3 days...

Thanks again for all the well-wishes and words of encouragement and support.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12219 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Feb 24, 2017, Sudo Nimh wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 24, 2017, John C wrote:

Now there is a REAL buddy.

If you're anxious, I'll upload it to the site. I very much appreciate that about you.

You know I will always kick you the odd freebie here and there too, right?. Smile

Sure do.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
E.E.
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of E.E.
Quote:
On Feb 24, 2017, Sudo Nimh wrote:
Some people seem to think I make a lot of money doing this - nothing could be further from the truth....

You could if you wanted to. We both know that Smile
I shall see you on the other side.
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1554 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Smile

Thank-you Ever - you're too kind.
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1446 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
Just read through the instructions. A very nice variation on the Max Maven classic. Very low tech with only a few simple props needed. The included story line fits perfectly with the props and will engage the audience until the revelation.

I like this!

Thank you Sudo
Mindipulator
View Profile
Regular user
Mexico
102 Posts

Profile of Mindipulator
I am going to enjoy using this.
Very little effort for a stunning result that will come with creating a unique presentation. The script ideas included provide some great ideas.
With six volunteers involved this is just what I am looking for right now.
Thanks for your generosity Sudo.
I'm now waiting to buy Pendultimate.

Dale
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » FREE TOY INSIDE! - Sudosuke (31 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL