The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » RIP Bob Cassidy (69 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Stefmagic
View Profile
Special user
523 Posts

Profile of Stefmagic
I want to read the last posts of mr cassidy on the Magic Café, but when I tried to make a search for "mastermindreader".... NOTHING to find ??? Why ?
magicsachin
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
131 Posts

Profile of magicsachin
We miss you Bob.........
Thank You Smile
haresign
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of haresign
RIP Sir. I shall be eternally grateful for your expertise & the willingness to teach.
innermind
View Profile
Regular user
suburban Detroit
154 Posts

Profile of innermind
RIP Bob... you will be missed, but you will be remembered.

Smile
"Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else." -Will Rogers
Jeff Wassom
View Profile
Elite user
491 Posts

Profile of Jeff Wassom
Bob was always super patient, generous, kind and often hilarious here on the Café (never got to meet him in person). A giant in more ways than one who will be missed!
Jheff
View Profile
V.I.P.
392 Posts

Profile of Jheff
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2017, E.E. wrote:
I hope someone, someday (maybe two years from now) will make a book called "The 40th Step" as a compilation of Bob's best material...

There is still enough material for another Artful Mentalism of Bob Cassidy volume. Bob and I were working on it, but we had a friendly difference of opinion in what the contents would be. His reasons for not including certain material which I wanted to include were quite valid, but now those reasons are moot. I expect Volume 3 to be out by the end of the year. And there may be enough material for a 4th, but I won't know until Volume 3 is finalized. And there are a couple of more projects that were in the works that will see the light of day soon I hope...

- Jheff
Marketplace of the Mind THE LAZY MENTALIST'S CARD TRICK is now available!!
Cyd13
View Profile
New user
Santa Cruz watsonvile Montery
1 Post

Profile of Cyd13
Bob Cassidy in my opinion was an Elegant performer. I never got the Honor of meeting him in person
he was what inspired me to actually get into mentalism. I had won the Dvd Mental Miracles before
that I only knew the Tony Corindas book 13 step & Annemanns Practical Mental Magic.I put that Video
in the day I got home and well Bob Inspired me then and He will Continue to do so. He is greatly
Missed. Thank You so much Bob Cassidy.
Jeff Wassom
View Profile
Elite user
491 Posts

Profile of Jeff Wassom
Quote:
On Feb 28, 2017, Jheff wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2017, E.E. wrote:
I hope someone, someday (maybe two years from now) will make a book called "The 40th Step" as a compilation of Bob's best material...

There is still enough material for another Artful Mentalism of Bob Cassidy volume. Bob and I were working on it, but we had a friendly difference of opinion in what the contents would be. His reasons for not including certain material which I wanted to include were quite valid, but now those reasons are moot. I expect Volume 3 to be out by the end of the year. And there may be enough material for a 4th, but I won't know until Volume 3 is finalized. And there are a couple of more projects that were in the works that will see the light of day soon I hope...

- Jheff

This is FANTASTIC news. Thanks Jheff!
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1104 Posts

Profile of reese
I am so sad to learn of Dr. Crow's transition. He owed me five bucks.
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1104 Posts

Profile of reese
So.... I attend his wake. His body ( of work ) in full view. While those of us left on this side of the veil, toast with jokes & stories, song & laughter, we come not to mourn but to celebrate...a singular man's life. I raise my hand with a full glass. To himself!
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2013 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2017, Stefmagic wrote:
I want to read the last posts of mr cassidy on the Magic Café, but when I tried to make a search for "mastermindreader".... NOTHING to find ??? Why ?

Just do an advanced search and enter his username. Worked for me. Here are the posts. http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/searc......=9500701
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3370 Posts

Profile of Looch
This evening I will be performing for 60 ladies in a Church nearby. I will be performing my presentation of one of Bobs Q&A's, and will be dedicating it to his memory. I miss you Bob and hope I can do your wonderful material justice.
My Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/
Bookings: https://looch.co.uk/
granterg
View Profile
Special user
557 Posts

Profile of granterg
Rest in Peace Bob Cassidy
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2443 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Quote:
On Mar 1, 2017, reese wrote:
I am so sad to learn of Dr. Crow's transition. He owed me five bucks.

Smile You just know Bob would have loved that!
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
Dorianmagic
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Dorianmagic
Sadly, I heard today that, after a long illness, Bob Cassidy passed away. He was truly an inspired mentalist, teacher, author and performer. Along with Dunninger, Annemman, Corinda, Koran, and so few others he will always be remembered.
Bob
mentalism addict
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of mentalism addict
Rip bob this is very sad
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Bob,
have recently started focusing on the best of your work.
I can't thank you enough. while some may wrongly complain of you presenting things in a disorganized way, you
are normally presenting a fire hose full of goodness to those who have done a minimum of work in the field.
I am so thankful for your work and ability to evaluate the best and to clarify what is best in mentalism. thanks thanks thanks dear bob!!!
Juno Temple
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
57 Posts

Profile of Juno Temple
To Bob, the man of mystery & to his legacy that will always be alive in all of us who enter into other dimensions. Bob Cassidy keeps the flame burning wherever he may travel. Safe Journey!
We play the Game - but Fate deals the Cards
Race Blakhart
View Profile
Special user
Selma,CA
545 Posts

Profile of Race Blakhart
I think about Bob often.
I think about the private conversations we had on here, and the handful of emails we exchanged.
He never knew me from Adam, and not only took the time to answer my questions, but he also made sure that I understood, and went even further by making sure to give me his personal advice on the subject.
I have/had a lot in common with Bob. By that, I mean we share some similar demons. He and I connected on that front as well.
If there is an afterlife, I'll be sure to connect with him again. And if not, I am glad to have been lucky enough to know him during my existence, even if only online(I mean really, what's the difference anyway? A connection is just that.). He added to the quality of my life and his legacy will continue to do so.
qichi
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles, CA
123 Posts

Profile of qichi
Why? - Act Five
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC8-YsAYlpw

There is no grace in act five
Only the nerves, insect-like twitches
Involuntary bowel movements, and confusion
A snail in salt doesn't fall asleep
With a half-smile
Like Grandma from the after-school special
It twists and contorts
It jerks and writhes for some time
Like a living severed limb on fire

All the people who taught me card tricks are dying
I've been trying
To get my pop-pop's good looks from old snapshots
And all the people who taught me card tricks are dying
I've been trying
To steal my grandfather's handsome from old photographs

Even if the world is saved
And the couples kiss before the credits list
There will be more than a lifetime of death
In the scrambled signal snow that's left
When the black intake runs out
The invisible frame's death tacked to your movie reel
Far outweigh the reel itself

All the people who taught me card tricks are dying
I've been trying
To get my poppa's good looks from old snapshots
And all the people who taught me card tricks are dying
I've been trying
To steal my grandfather's handsome from old photographs

There is no grace in act five

A circus tent and all the folding chairs fit in an old coffin for travel
A circus tent and all the folding chairs fit in an old coffin for travel
"There is no art: things are made for use." Antonin Artaud
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » RIP Bob Cassidy (69 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL