The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » RIP Bob Cassidy (69 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1461 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On Feb 24, 2017, Mind Guerrilla wrote:
Unlike most people here, I didn't come to mentalism from a background in traditional magic. I discovered it while doing research on fake psychics. Bob's "Mind Mysteries" video was the first instructional material I watched. It made me fall in love with the art form and I still consider it the best bang for the buck as far as DVDs go.

Bob's participation here on the Café was phenomenal. He was totally approachable, totally helpful and he didn't attach a price-tag to each gem of wisdom he shared. Bob and I didn't see eye to eye on certain topics but he was always gracious and classy. He also managed to maintain his dignity when dealing with some know-it-all young upstarts here.

A performer, creator, author, attorney, mentor, sage, founding member of the PEA- Bob Cassidy was one of a kind and The Magic Café will not be the same without him.

This is how I remember Bob. Worked with him during a tour of colleges in New Jersey in 1974.

Rest in peace brother.
The Paranormalist
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom
690 Posts

Profile of The Paranormalist
Such a very sad day with the passing of a legend, but Bob's memory and the material he left with us will last for eternity. RIP
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5649 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
It's a very sad day. RIP Bob, my friend and guide. Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Mark Timon
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of Mark Timon
Rest in peace.
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1263 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
What heartbreaking news... the art has lost a major force, and a tremendous person. Rest in peace, Bob.
Marqus
View Profile
Special user
876 Posts

Profile of Marqus
Besides all of the knowledge he shared, what I liked was that Bob 'called it like it is'. He didn't hold back any punches.
RIP, Mr. Cassidy.
seamagu
View Profile
Special user
859 Posts

Profile of seamagu
Rip Bob
I love post its Smile
John Raff M
View Profile
Loyal user
Republic of Ireland
233 Posts

Profile of John Raff M
RIP Bob,

You were a legend. Sad day
TonyBrand
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago, IL
483 Posts

Profile of TonyBrand
Not much else to add that hasn't already been said. You'll definitely be missed, Bob. Thanks for all of the valuable advice you've shared with all of us throughout the years. Rest in peace.

Good Thoughts,
Tony
john wills
View Profile
Special user
940 Posts

Profile of john wills
We will mis your wisdom Bob. R.I.P.
asanghi
View Profile
Loyal user
Nairobi, Kenya
283 Posts

Profile of asanghi
It's a sad day...RIP Bob, a true inspiration and mentor. Smile
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3053 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Rest in Peace, Bob.

You will live on forever in your work and in the performances of the countless mentalists you have inspired over so many years.

You were, are, and will always be -a legend.
WDON
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of WDON
:-(
Cain
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
1513 Posts

Profile of Cain
Smile
Ellusionst discussing the Arcane Playing cards: "Michaelangelo took four years to create the Sistine Chapel masterpiece... these took five."

Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes: "You know Einstein got bad grades as a kid? Well, mine are even worse!"
Lukasz P
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of Lukasz P
Yesterday I was watching his 3 envelope test . We have never met together but you always answered my question . Thank you for everything . Every word and idea . You are a legend . Good bye Master
ThatsJustWrong!
View Profile
Special user
My flying monkeys are perched on
626 Posts

Profile of ThatsJustWrong!
RIP Bob. You will be fondly remembered and justly revered by many of us. Say hi to Ted for us.
Joe Leo

All entertainers can benefit from some help from an experienced stage director. How about you?

www.MisfitMysteries.com
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Bob, thanks for living life with gusto. with combining brash humor with great mentalism. by seeming uncertain and joking, while already knowing the miraculous outcome..... the yin and yang that make this field, together, a masterpiece.
please say hi to Ted. ask him why he did it and write it on a billet for your favorite mentalist. Bob, it is very sad that you had to go. how could this be?
but your work and legacy will live on, as long as those you left behind can dream, learn and perform an art tinged with your panache, your joi de vivre,
your obvious enjoyment of the common man . thanks so much Bob, your legacy was secure already. you seized the day. you seized the week you seized
the years. I humbly thank you for teaching even a Christian theologian like me, the joys of the art of mental deception, of true mental MAGIC. thanks Bob. mostly
for being you. and expressing it to us in ways so easy to understand as just being Bob, good old Bob! thanks to our dear brother, our dear fellow mentalist.
you can hide but you cannot be forgotten. because you did it your way. and because of that, we can show our appreciation, not by copying, but admittedly, by being
partly Bob, while being ourselves. what else can I say? tonight I drink an extra drink for you, not giving a d.... about it. like you would want it... yes, your legacy lives on......
C.J.
View Profile
Inner circle
There's a lotta rambling in my
2367 Posts

Profile of C.J.
Doing some searching, I can see that Bob joined The Magic Café 15 years and 3 weeks ago, and in that time amassed 12590 posts (which display on 948 pages in the search function). So many of those posts say the same things over and over, and Bob is to be praised for his patience in stating and restating the valuable lessons that he had learned over time, even when so many people seemed unwilling to listen.

He never did make good on his many threats to pack up and leave this place - he always came back eventually. But now, he truly has left the building, and a new day dawns on this place. Goodbye Bob. I hope I can one day have your wisdom, knowledge, skill and patience.
Connor Jacobs - The Thought Sculptor
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Be fondly remembered.
rickreation
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of rickreation
Heartbroken. Thanks for the joy, Bob.
Giannim
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Giannim
RIP Bob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » RIP Bob Cassidy (69 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL