We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review Requested - Emotion Box by Hakan Varol (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1791 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Quote:
On Apr 8, 2020, stempleton wrote:
Snap...I knew I should have waited, but I did preorder from the next batch.

Hmmmm.... Are you the Steve Templeton who is quoted on Boretti’s webpage?
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1419 Posts

Profile of stempleton
I don't know, but I do have an order pending from him.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
531 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Hocus Pocus has agreed to pay for the return shipping of my Touch & Tell Sensor Box and they are also providing a full refund. They have apologized profusely for the misunderstanding about what I was asking them. They also gave me a free video download for an effect in their The Vault series.

I'm disappointed that the HP Sensor Box didn't turn out to be what I was expecting, but I'm very happy with Hocus Pocus's response to the problem.

Now I'm debating if I should order the Keaton/Vorol version or not. The Boretti model is just too darn unattractive to my eyes.

Mark
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3396 Posts

Profile of takeachance
I agree with you totally Mark. I wish the Boretti version was just a plain box, no decorations at all, if it was, I'd order straight away. Apart from the fact you can take the front cover off the Vorol version, the plainness of the box just sells it.
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1791 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2020, takeachance wrote:
I agree with you totally Mark. I wish the Boretti version was just a plain box, no decorations at all, if it was, I'd order straight away. Apart from the fact you can take the front cover off the Vorol version, the plainness of the box just sells it.

Ask Boretti if he can make you a plain one.
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1419 Posts

Profile of stempleton
FYI: HP's version is made by Joe Eddie Fairchild.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3396 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2020, Terry Holley wrote:

Done.
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1791 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Quote:
Quote:

Done.

Please let us know what you find out. Thank you.

Terry
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
531 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2020, stempleton wrote:
FYI: HP's version is made by Joe Eddie Fairchild.

Yes, the instruction sheet that came with the Hocus Pocus Sensor Box had Copyright 2020 by Fairchild Magic and Hocus Pocus at the bottom of the page.

Mark
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
531 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
Quote:

Done.

Yes, please let us know what Boretti says.

Mark
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3396 Posts

Profile of takeachance
No problem guys I certainly will.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3396 Posts

Profile of takeachance
OK, got a reply this morning

"be able to offer a white box in a week.
I will then have a separate offer for white and antique looking boxes."

Erich at Boretti magic is a real gentleman to deal with and responds to customers needs and requests. I'll be ordering as soon as he has them on his site.
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1791 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Quote:
On Apr 10, 2020, takeachance wrote:

Erich at Boretti magic is a real gentleman to deal with and responds to customers needs and requests. I'll be ordering as soon as he has them on his site.

Yes he is and does. And that's why I stated you should ask him!
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3396 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Thanks Terry
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1791 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Quote:
Thanks Terry

You're welcome! Glad I could help.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
531 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:

Thank you. I hope he also means the box will be ordinary in appearance (no upholstery tacks up the sides, etc.).

Mark
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
747 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
I ordered and received the Hocus Pocus Box. I, like Magic Mark, do not like that it does not have the addition of putting the hand through the top and touch the bottom as in the improved Boretti Box. Unlike Magic Mark, I did not ask anyone at Hocus Pocus prior to ordering this. I ordered the improved Boretti Box early this morning and will now sell my new and unused Sensor Box from Hocus Pocus.

To those who purchased and perform with the Varol Emotion Box: that is one great prop that lends itself to many good presentations. I love that it looks simple and, therefore, looks innocent. For now, I will be waiting for the Boretti Box and work out a routine. I live in NYC so I, like many other big cities, will be confined to be home for the next several weeks or for a couple of more months so plenty of time to work on this.

Stay safe and healthy everyone.

Kind regards,

Jimmy
"Those who simply walk in others' tracks leave no footprints."
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1791 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2020, Jimmy Joza wrote:
I ordered and received the Hocus Pocus Box. I, like Magic Mark, do not like that it does not have the addition of putting the hand through the top and touch the bottom as in the improved Boretti Box. Unlike Magic Mark, I did not ask anyone at Hocus Pocus prior to ordering this. I ordered the improved Boretti Box early this morning and will now sell my new and unused Sensor Box from Hocus Pocus.

To those who purchased and perform with the Varol Emotion Box: that is one great prop that lends itself to many good presentations. I love that it looks simple and, therefore, looks innocent. For now, I will be waiting for the Boretti Box and work out a routine. I live in NYC so I, like many other big cities, will be confined to be home for the next several weeks or for a couple of more months so plenty of time to work on this.

Stay safe and healthy everyone.

Kind regards,

Jimmy

Jimmy,

I'm interested to know what the shipping costs are. Thank you.

Terry
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
747 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
Hi Terry.

It came out to 50 Euros for me (I am in NYC) which is about $55 USA dollars. But, this is for basic delivery which could take around a month. (maybe sooner if I am lucky). I think the shipping price is not too bad. I didn't even inquire about faster delivery because I figured that would add too much to the price. Given that I am in NYC, I don't see, unfortunately, that the stay at home regulations being lifted in the next two weeks (and probably in a lot of other parts of the country) so I can wait.

Stay safe.

Jimmy
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
747 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
Quote:

Yes, Erich responded to about 4 inquiries I had. He is quite helpful and responsive. It is good to hear that he will offer these in different colors. We all have different tastes. Honestly, for now I am already working on a storyline with the one that is on his website. I can also see myself adding artwork on the center and sides for different occasions. So it will serve me just fine. Having said that, once I start doing shows again and see how this plays for me then I may order another one down the road with a different look.

I am looking forward to getting this. Who knows what will happen next? My anticipated retirement date from my full time job is this July 1st. Performing magic will change from part-time to full-time for me. But that is for whenever things reopen and things go back to close to "normal".

Stay safe everyone.

Jimmy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review Requested - Emotion Box by Hakan Varol (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL