The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Butterfly by Bruno Copin (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
makulit974
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of makulit974
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2017, Kjellstrom wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 1, 2017, makulit974 wrote:
As it's been said earlier, this is an old effect of his. My suggestion would be to purchase his Penguin Live lecture where he covers this and much more.
As for the gimmick, by seeing the video, you should know if you have it or not. That's what Bruno Copin is famous for. I hope that helps Smile
Patrick

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/6584

Thanks Mats Smile
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1415 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
If he spends one hour just on the one effect, how can the penguin lecture cover all the same nuances and details if it is just one of many effects?

Without seeing either, one would think video is "here is how is secret"
And the other is
"Here is all you need to know to perform it."
I guess it depends how much teaching is on the single effect vs fill.

Thoughts?
Thanks

Quote:
On Mar 1, 2017, makulit974 wrote:
As it's been said earlier, this is an old effect of his. My suggestion would be to purchase his Penguin Live lecture where he covers this and much more.
As for the gimmick, by seeing the video, you should know if you have it or not. That's what Bruno Copin is famous for. I hope that helps Smile
Patrick
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
He spends about 25 mins teaching, then he teaches another effect, then a bit by penguin is stuck on the end explaining how to prepare the gimmick.
good teaching throughout
makulit974
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of makulit974
[quote]On Mar 2, 2017, Powermagic wrote:
If he spends one hour just on the one effect, how can the penguin lecture cover all the same nuances and details if it is just one of many effects?

Without seeing either, one would think video is "here is how is secret"
And the other is
"Here is all you need to know to perform it."
I guess it depends how much teaching is on the single effect vs fill.

Thoughts?
Thanks

I am sorry but I think you misunderstood my post. I never mentioned that the lecture covered all nuances. I just gave an informed suggestion. To someone who didn't see the lecture, this could be a useful information.
Furthermore, having seen the lecture, I don't feel the need of getting the single download as he covers the butterfly effet well enough in the lecture.
Patrick
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1571 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Could this be adapted to IET?

Sleepy
mayhem
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of mayhem
Thanks for the updated info. This was an effect I hadn't heard about and thought it was a new release.
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
Has tolerated the trolls here for
676 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
Quote:
On Mar 1, 2017, ArtIn wrote:
It's more than good, I've paid 100€ for his Friends Box (including Butterfly) years ago.
To see it for 14,95€ including shipping truly breaks my heart.

Why?
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4760 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Mar 29, 2017, MazingMandy wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 1, 2017, ArtIn wrote:
It's more than good, I've paid 100€ for his Friends Box (including Butterfly) years ago.
To see it for 14,95€ including shipping truly breaks my heart.

Why?

I agree, why?

If I would have paid more than $20.00 for this I would have been pretty upset. Yes, the effect is nice and the teaching is great but definitely not worth more than $20.00-$25.00 IMO. Maybe others will have a different opinion.

RNK
ArtIn
View Profile
Special user
Berlin
940 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Why? Because it is a very magical piece I've came across within my first live lectures here in Berlin.
The EMC performance didn't came close to what I've witnessed in that lecture.
The friends box vol. 1 (&2) is worth more than 100€.
I really appreciate the work and creativity behind it from the bottom of my heart.
It's stunning, innovative as hell and a very creative piece. A one of a kind effect.
Of course it was not the only one teached within the set.
14,95$ will just help to reveal a true master piece to a target group of people who are likely to not appreciate or see its true value.
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
676 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
Ah, so it's elitism.
tomnuetten
View Profile
New user
Freiburg
4 Posts

Profile of tomnuetten
I don´t get why you have to pay more than 100€ for a trick to appreciate its true value. I do believe that magicians appreciate a good trick based on the effect and not what price tag it had.

I do appreciate even the simplest and free tricks if they amaze the people I perform for.
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1202 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
Quote:
On Mar 29, 2017, ArtIn wrote:
14,95$ will just help to reveal a true master piece to a target group of people who are likely to not appreciate or see its true value.

Don't worry too much. There will be not many magicians who will perform it.
It demands a lot of practice... Smile
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4760 Posts

Profile of RNK
The only part of the routine that requires a little practice is spinning the card freely on top of the deck when you open your hand. The other parts of the routine that require the gimmick is not hard at all, I have found anyway.

RNK
Bill08
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
594 Posts

Profile of Bill08
If you're looking for a similar effect that is easy to do, check out my effect SPINTOPIA. You won't be as clean at the end but you get a nice rotational animation and it's pretty much self-working. When I first saw this I thought it was SPINTOPIA, but the methods are entirely different.
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
676 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
Thanks for trying to cash in on Bruno's success.

Does anyone have any info on that this version gives over his previous release of this?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Butterfly by Bruno Copin (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL