The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cubism : Maestro » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (26 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Michael T
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of Michael T
I wonder if that's why his partner quit Full 52? Perhaps they are preempting Dave Forrest being disqualified as a director, so if she has a clean slate they are able to start another business where she is the sole director and he is apparently just an employee?
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2431 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
I had some communication from Dave recently. I know what's going on, but don't have the right to reveal much.
I will say that despite the fact that many of you paid for something you didn't receive, some compassion is in order.
Jack Straw
View Profile
Special user
Wichita
871 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
My father was terminally ill for a year and a half.

I had to take some days off during that time, but I still had to take care of such things as going to work.

When he finally died, I was back at work 4 days later.

I was very despondent for at least 2 years, but I still had to do what I had to do.

Sorry , Richard, but there's nothing that can be worse than that in life and cause him to screw people and lie like a rug for well over a year before finally disappearing.

He lied about the mats being delivered to someone else.

He lied and posted a photo of the boxes waiting to be shipped "next week".

And it never happened.

If it was that bad, why couldn't he open up and tell the people whose money he stole the truth?

That would have gone a long way in helping heal the wounds that he himself caused.

Compassion?

Not from me.

But I know that I'm a nasty type of guy.

Sorry.

And by the way, the court system never cares about the sympathetic reasons that you became a thief, you'll be found guilty anyway.
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8254 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Aug 18, 2018, Richard Kaufman wrote:
I had some communication from Dave recently. I know what's going on, but don't have the right to reveal much.
I will say that despite the fact that many of you paid for something you didn't receive, some compassion is in order.

BS. How about him (Dave) showing compassion to all of the hard working magicians out there that threw their money away on this. You have got to be kidding.
Jack Straw
View Profile
Special user
Wichita
871 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
I think that Richard is kidding around, pegasus.

He's got to be, no?

Richard, you say that you don't have the right to reveal "much", but why don't you reveal what you can reveal?
TheBentos
View Profile
Loyal user
Grim North
238 Posts

Profile of TheBentos
Probably threw some BS to Richard as he thought he should reply to him (instead of the dozens that lost their money)
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
Has tolerated the trolls here for
676 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
Vultures loving someone's else's life going down the pan because they didn't get a new trinket that will most likely sit unused when the next trinket is released.

Vultures.
Jack Straw
View Profile
Special user
Wichita
871 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
Mandy, please send me 100 bucks just because, please.

My life is going down the pan, too, but I'm not going to tell you why, and that would really help me out.

PM me for my PayPal, OK?

I did say "please", you know.

Then you'd really be 'mazing to me.
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Quote:
On Aug 19, 2018, MazingMandy wrote:
Vultures loving someone's else's life going down the pan because they didn't get a new trinket that will most likely sit unused when the next trinket is released.

Vultures.

That's ridiculous. As his life went "down the pan" he somehow managed to have the composure to give people FAKE updates about the product. He's pulled himself together to put out other products. So why not just tell people the truth about what was going on here?
Rob.m
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of Rob.m
Quote:

Vultures.

I don't think that anybody on here is loving what has happened, there are a lot of people who sent him money - Now a year later we are still waiting for what he promised but all we get is lie after lie and then nothing - It may not seem a lot of money to you but to other's it is - can you afford to send someone money and get nothing for it, if so send me the money I sent to Dave and if he ever sends me the trick I will pass it on to you.
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
676 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
There is a lot of gloating in this thread. I stand by my words.

Vultures
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4646 Posts

Profile of videoman
No one on here knows for sure if his life is “going down the pan”. He may just be a con man.
Wasn’t there FB posts of him on holiday in the middle of all this?

Some people on these forums just look for things to criticize others about simply because it gives them a thrill and makes them feel better about themselves.
Rob.m
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of Rob.m
Quote:
There is a lot of gloating in this thread. I stand by my words.

Vultures

Why would people gloat about losing money.
C-suite magic
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of C-suite magic
Agree, that doesn't even make sense.
leosx1
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of leosx1
I have lost way bigger sums of money in other areas of my life, and this was never a real problem for me, as it is part of making business.

But to be deceived by a what you think is a " member of our magic family " and to be left hanging in the

air withouth being provided with any substantial information is what bothers me most in this instance.
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
676 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
Quote:
On Aug 19, 2018, C-suite magic wrote:
Agree, that doesn't even make sense.

Maybe it was the thread that got deleted,can't remember now but there certainly were a lot of people very happy he was having a bad time of life. Yes, people seem to have lost a sum of money here, but what's that in relation to a life /job/marriage /whatever falling apart.

Some here have really lost a sense of scale.
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
676 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
I often see people here creating fundraisers for magicians who have injured themselves or become ill and need support. Far greater sums get donated, and this is for people who don't have health insurance. Not having insurance is your own choice, yet people seem super happy to chip in for this kind of fundraiser.

If I cancel my car insurance would you be happy to raise funds for any accidents I have? I doubt it.

For those short of brain cells the point is that people seem happy to step in when someone has made an intentional choice to not be insured yet I'm sure Dave didn't choose whatever has happened.

I have no horse in this race myself but the attitude of some here stinks.
Rob.m
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of Rob.m
Quote:
I often see people here creating fundraisers for magicians who have injured themselves or become ill and need support. Far greater sums get donated, and this is for people who don't have health insurance. Not having insurance is your own choice, yet people seem super happy to chip in for this kind of fundraiser.

If I cancel my car insurance would you be happy to raise funds for any accidents I have? I doubt it.

For those short of brain cells the point is that people seem happy to step in when someone has made an intentional choice to not be insured yet I'm sure Dave didn't choose whatever has happened.

I have no horse in this race myself but the attitude of some here stinks.

Maybe you are right to think that the attitude of some people on here stink but you should also think that the attitude of Dave Forrest stinks as he has had plenty of opportunity to come on here and tell people what is going on instead of lie after lie , It as nothing to do with insurance has he has already said that he has everything he needs to send out the stuff and that he would be sending it out that week, now over 2 months later still nothing - Its no wonder that peoples attitude towards him stink.
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
676 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
That's as maybe, but for people to be happy about someone's life changing hardship because they didn't receive a trinket makes them terrible humans, and no better that the person they are vilifying
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
676 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
The insurance comment was only to highlight that when people make intentional bad choices (I.e. Not getting heath insurance) people here seem happy to forgive that and pay out when they need medical expense help.

I doubt Dave chose for any of this to happen yet that same level of forgiveness is absent. Comments made here about a kickstarter to fund a divorce? Outrageous
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cubism : Maestro » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (26 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL