The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cubism : Maestro » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (26 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Quote:
On Aug 18, 2018, Richard Kaufman wrote:
I had some communication from Dave recently. I know what's going on, but don't have the right to reveal much.
I will say that despite the fact that many of you paid for something you didn't receive, some compassion is in order.

Reveal much or anything at all?

This implies that you either didn't ask Dave if you could reveal something to his customers or that he told you not to reveal anything.

Yes, some compassion is in order to which those disgruntled are not calling for tar and feathers and they have shown compassion by waiting patiently for a year without attempting any adverse reaction.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Quote:
On Aug 19, 2018, MazingMandy wrote:
The insurance comment was only to highlight that when people make intentional bad choices (I.e. Not getting heath insurance) people here seem happy to forgive that and pay out when they need medical expense help.

I doubt Dave chose for any of this to happen yet that same level of forgiveness is absent. Comments made here about a kickstarter to fund a divorce? Outrageous

Not outrageous for those who are naturally going to throw speculations out when they are the one's who have lost money and haven't been adequately communicated to.

IMHO the lack of health insurance example doesn't compare to someone who has promised a group to deliver and has not AFTER receiving their money.
Asking for donations due to not having obtained health insurance isn't a conditional transaction to the donating party with a promise of performance.
And then there are those who have health insurance but the policy doesn't cover 100%
And then there are those who were not offered health insurance for an affordable price.
And then there are those who's health insurance hasn't kicked in yet.
And then there are those who's health insurance (high) deductible hans't been met.
And then there are those who's health insurance coverage has been maxed out and there are no more benefits available.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
Has tolerated the trolls here for
676 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
You are going overboard on the insurance thing, it was just to highlight a point.
Rob.m
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Rob.m
I think that you will find the comment about a kickstarter project to fund a divorce was meant as a joke - I have heard that he used the money for other things but that may or may not just be gossip.
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
Has tolerated the trolls here for
676 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
Exactly. Hilarious, eh?
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Health Insurance may be a good example of people getting help - when they have ignored to make payments/etc

Though of course in this singular instance... it's not a good example as he's British and has NHS for free.

I guess it's a catch 22 situation. If Dave wants his privacy [and not explain what's going on] then people will jump to conclusions that he's making up the issue that has torn his life in half. I'm not saying there is a solution to this, as having privacy may be very important.

Maybe if people like Richard, etc - come out and say what he did - maybe people should trust them.

It might be time to think of Cubism as a donation to someone who is struggling?

I get that will annoy some. But others maybe would have given money to help if they could, so for them - that might put it into a better place in their mind.

I presumed from Richard's comment that it was something serious, maybe his [Dave's] own health - if so [I don't know him, and I didn't order Cubism - so my opinon isn't worth much] I wish him a speedy recovery... and if there is a recovery - I look forward to joining the angry mob to harrass him into delivery the cups and matt, sometime in 2019

x
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1682 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
I think this thread again is going to be deleted because of so much subjectivity and focusing on the wrong thing. And it is a pity, it should stay up to show a problem, not for personal attacks.
I am one of the 203 backers, so I have a vested interest in the outcome of this project (product or refund).

The facts (I listed all on a previous post) we have from KS and from other "public" sources in google (Financial statement of the Company and Forrest own FB page) show, 1) Lack of product, more than year late, 2) Lack of "meaningful" communication and too many vague excuses (The main issue) 3) Forrest Company has 15000 pounds in debt closing exercise of 2017.
Besides that, everything else is speculation and subjectivity and I would agreed with Mandy in some cases too harsh.

R. Kaufman, is the only person that I know that tried to get in contact with Forrest, and we should thank him for that, he did not have to do that, I don't believe he has a commercial relation with Forrest either, so I think he had a good intention, all other members that do have a commercial relation with Forrest, never said a word. I do not know Kaufman beyond buying some of his books in the past but I believe he is serious member of this community.
Also his comment was to have some compassion, not to stop pushing to resolve this issue.

Let's try as much as it is possible to put back this thread on the issues and facts and leave speculation aside, if the worst prove right, we will have the right to call the things as they are.

Thanks
Jack Straw
View Profile
Inner circle
Wichita
1020 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
Pablonius is the only voice of reason here, and I include myself as being unreasonable, (but with good reason).
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On Aug 18, 2018, Richard Kaufman wrote:
I had some communication from Dave recently. I know what's going on, but don't have the right to reveal much.
I will say that despite the fact that many of you paid for something you didn't receive, some compassion is in order.

I have little doubt that there is nothing nefarious going on, (as your post on the Genie msg board mentioned), however, there is no doubt that Dave has lied over and over again to those of us who supported this project. Compassion is available to those who are honest about the troubles they are experiencing and don't lie to those who have already supported them.

He may be going through difficult times but whatever personal problems he is having, that doesn't excuse the bold faced lies he has made to us. When the project ran late, I was very understanding as I know things can go wrong. It's when his lies became quite obvious that I lost my patience and understanding.

He doesn't need to go into lots of specifics of personal issues but telling us that he has everything except the mats, or the shipping boxes, or that he'll start shipping next week, etc. etc. and then nothing again for months on end is too much to have 'compassion' for. For a good 6 months, his excuse was that he didn't have the mats and backers asked him to forget about the mat and ship the rest. Then he claimed not to have the shipping boxes and backers offered to provide him with a shipping box. If he's got the full set but lacks the money to ship it, backers have offered to pay the shipping themselves.

Obviously, he's got himself in a bad spot but being completely dishonest with all his backers about the nature of the problem prevents most of us from having any compassion. I for one will never buy another of his products after being treated this shoddily.
Jack Straw
View Profile
Inner circle
Wichita
1020 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
Well said.

And your reply is, Richard?
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
VERY WELL SAID, Rockwall!
Rob.m
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Rob.m
Don't think that anyone can buy from him at the moment - Full52 website:-

Store Unavailable

This store is currently unavailable due to maintenance. It should be available again shortly.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Aug 21, 2018, Rob.m wrote:
Don't think that anyone can buy from him at the moment - Full52 website:-

Store Unavailable

This store is currently unavailable due to maintenance. It should be available again shortly.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Kaufman is obviously living on another planet. Ref post above, he’s probs on another Caribbean holiday.
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1682 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
Sadly this thread is somehow derailing, not sure how many of the posters are part of the CubismMaestro project in KS and how many just have a previous issue with Forrest or just an issue an use the thread to vent out.

I am as angry as anyone for paying something, not receiving it and being told stories after stories, but I tried as much as I could to find a solution, understanding what is the real problem and provide alternatives.

The "real problem" is the key and Forrest hide behind silence, so I asked people to know him, here and in Genii to help us reaching to Forrest.
R. Kaufman did that, he did not come with the problem but told us that Forrest is in a bad place, and we should be compassionate. If Forrest lied or not to RK is immaterial, RK took it at face value, understood it was a big problem, and came here to tell us what he got. He was the only one that opened a door from where we could eventually work a solution, after all these posts that attacked him, I am not sure he would do more for us. Lost opportunity.

Compassion is a virtue, you should treat with compassion people that deserve it and people that do not, your choice for sure. Having compassion does not mean not fighting for what is yours or taking legal actions against individual, but it does not mean I will not treat Forrest with compassion if he is in a bad spot. (Before attacking this paragraph, read my second one, I am angry with all these)

My recommendation to all of us if we want the tread to survive is to only deal with facts, and tone down the opinions
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Compassion would be a nice thing to do if he would own up to his issues. Avoiding everybody is not the way to go. Everybody has problems and have to answer to them. Even if its giving out one unit at a time or one person there money back at a time over a period of time then someone can forgive and have compassion for someone having a trying time in there live, but running away like a little boy is not the right way.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
The dictionary tells you everything you all need to know.

scam
skam/Submit
nouninformal
1. a dishonest scheme; a fraud.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
I don't believe there is a scam or ever was one. I fully believe that Dave always had every intention of delivering Cubism as promised. Obviously something went sideways and he wasn't able to do that. But it's also obvious that instead of telling us the truth and working WITH us, he has been dishonest and defensive and has not accepted multiple offers of help to solve this problem.

I always liked Dave and own quite a few of his past products. Unfortunately, at this point I don't really expect to ever receive anything from him.
D_avid
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of D_avid
Quote:
On Aug 16, 2018, Jack Straw wrote:
Well, there you go.

But he still is shipping Cubism Maestro by the end of the month, right D_avid?

Never said that straw. Re-read my post. Re-read it again.
sjrw
View Profile
Special user
571 Posts

Profile of sjrw
Has everyone read the Jerx today?
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1682 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
I have read it just now, he made the same points that we made among us backers and people with interest on Forrest and Cubism, more communication would it made all this easier to handle, find solutions and even help.
Who writes the Jerx?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cubism : Maestro » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (26 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL