The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cubism : Maestro » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (26 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1681 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
The fact remains the same, no communications, no delivery and no information of future delivery date.

We should keep this thread objective and factual so people can understand what is going on. And clean of "adjectives" that could prompt to be deleted by the moderators
Jack Straw
View Profile
Inner circle
Wichita
1020 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
If Dave needs shipping money, every time he sells a download he should ship an item.

Sell a download, ship an item.

Sell a download, ship an item.

Soon enough everything will get shipped.

No personal issues should interfere with the ability to do that.

Has anyone at all received this yet?

Apparently not.

Just for the record, I own the original Cubism, and I am not waiting for this.

But I sure do sympathize with all that are still waiting for Cubism Maestro.
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
sjrw
View Profile
Special user
571 Posts

Profile of sjrw
How should he prioritise the shipping order?
Perhaps if I buy a download he should ship MY cubism?

Not ideal, but that way everyone who wants their item sooner rather than later could order a half price download...
Michael T
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of Michael T
Lol, it's a scam.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Anybody get there’s yet?
Magicalos
View Profile
Special user
557 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
^ noooope nothing yet
Rob.m
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Rob.m
How about we pay Dave for the p&p - I don't mind paying a couple of extra £ for him to send it out to me.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
That's an excellent idea Rob! -Why do I get the feeling that they still wouldn't get shipped?
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
Rob.m
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Rob.m
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2018, EZrhythm wrote:
That's an excellent idea Rob! -Why do I get the feeling that they still wouldn't get shipped?

If he did not send them out then you would know that it is a scam - I am willing to risk a few £'s to get it sent out asap instead of not knowing if we will get it or not.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Well then Rob, I'M IN!

Hey Greg, I will cover the cost of shipping a CM set to a Magic Café member who is waiting to receive it and has posted in this thread.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Do you honestly think that these sets were ever made in the first place? Do you have photographic proof!
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1681 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
I am one of the backers of this project, the offer to pay for shipping cost was offered to Forrest several times in the past by different backers, and he has never acknowledge the request, so I don't think this is a viable solution.
On the other hand Forrest never clearly explained the reason for the delay, besides lack of mats, or shipping material or some personal issue, because of too many last minute issues and the lack of clarity, the backers speculated that money was the real issue (I personally believe that, but not prove of it) and helping with more money will be the solution. I think that unless Forrest comes with a specific reason and request, offering money is going nowhere.

@pegasus: If you are one of the backers, you should have seen some pictures that Forrest posted in one of the updates, open boxes with dice, cups and finished goods and also a bunch of closed boxes that look like to the open ones. It appears that most of the components were received.
Unless he is lying with empty closed boxes, the props are somehow done. The issue is why are they not shipped yet, but this is the key of the whole fiasco, lack of clarity and meaningful communication.

For the backers there is a path to complain through a trade association in the UK, the phone number was posted by a backer in one of the comments.
For the rest of the community, the most we could do is to make sure that everybody understands/recognize the behavior of Forrest, through factual threads here and Genii, and through magician's associations, etc.

The objectives should be for the backers to get their props or the refund, for Forrest to solution his problems (KS and his own internet business) and become again a valuable member of the magic community.
funnymagic
View Profile
Regular user
The funny farm
166 Posts

Profile of funnymagic
Dave and his family are off on another holiday today.

Hope they have a nice time. Maybe when he gets back he can ship Cubism Maestro.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=......&theater
Rob.m
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Rob.m
Quote:
On Jul 31, 2018, funnymagic wrote:

Lets go round to his house and help ourselves to what he owes us.( this is a joke so if someone doe's break in don't blame me )
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1681 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
So far no news from Forrest, he updated his Facebook with some activities but nothing about cubism maestro.
David another backer, have again ask for his address so David can send a prepaid box for his props, I second his proposal, however we proposed that several times in the past with no single acknowledgment by Forrest, so I am not sure we are going to get a reply this time either.

Please keep this thread and Genii's alive and factual so Forrest behavior is not forgotten in the community.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Someone will most likely end up running into him. What a worthless man he must be.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1986 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
I have just had email from Forest !

He will be shipping on Friday !!

Oh sorry not CB but Alamo as After some rummaging, I found them!

What luck
Rob.m
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Rob.m
Email from full52
l was just about to mark The Ammo as unavailable but then I remembered there were a few copies in a box somewhere. After some rummaging, I found them! SIX units in total. So, if you want one of the last six copies you can grab one of them now with £10 off the usual price! They'll ship on Friday. Once they're gone - they're GONE !

Its a pity that he cant remember to post out the cubism.
funnymagic
View Profile
Regular user
The funny farm
166 Posts

Profile of funnymagic
Glad he's over his personal problems (must have had a nice holiday) and hopefully we will receive Cubism Maestro soon.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
On Jul 31, 2018, funnymagic wrote:

That's a bit creepy.
Stalking his wife / partners fb page?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cubism : Maestro » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (26 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL