The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Perfect mind reading. Think of word and I will get it » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
alex cahill
View Profile
Loyal user
234 Posts

Profile of alex cahill
Has anyone seen this effect done. I once saw Bill Palmer do this effect. He is a member of the Café. He said think of any word in the world. He then paused, held my hands and read my mind. He said he would tell me, or anyone how to do this if I could tell him what country Dai Vernon was from. If anyone knows would they pm him and then let me know because I need to know how to do this trick.
Withnail
View Profile
Special user
974 Posts

Profile of Withnail
Busted! April 1 indeed Smile
Yet again that oaf has destroyed my day
alex cahill
View Profile
Loyal user
234 Posts

Profile of alex cahill
No, seriously, it was the other day. He came up to me and I was thinking of the word plonker (don't know why). But he came up to me then smiled and said, "plonker." It was amazing.
Kim
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of Kim
Well, anyone that knows their magcal history knows Dai was Italian. don't believe me? Say "mama Mia, now that's a spicy meatball!".
Now say it again substituting "Dai Vernon" for "Mama Mia"
Doesn't get any more Italian than that!
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Man, it's a little early in the morning for April Fool's isn't it?

Thanks for the warning of what my day might look like though.

Nice try Kim, not even close.

Mark
What would Wavy do?
Kenguru
View Profile
Loyal user
Hungary & Israel
273 Posts

Profile of Kenguru
Its afternoon here. Well, no actually its next day already. Ok, its yesterday.

All right then. I'll go to hell. (Mark Twain)
alex cahill
View Profile
Loyal user
234 Posts

Profile of alex cahill
Ask bill palmer if you want? this is no april fools
Withnail
View Profile
Special user
974 Posts

Profile of Withnail
Quote:
On 2004-04-01 07:26, Kenguru wrote:

Actually, Luke Jermay has made you forget what day it is...

;)
Yet again that oaf has destroyed my day
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Quote:
On 2004-04-01 07:26, Kenguru wrote:

Funny, after a morning of fifth grade April Fool's jokes, that's exactly how I feel.

mark
What would Wavy do?
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Quote:
On 2004-04-01 05:36, alex cahill wrote:
No seriously. it was the other day. he came up to me and I was thinking of the word plonker (dont kno why). but he came up to me then smiled and said. plonker. it was amazing

I believe you. Bill is so great that he could really have done that, probably using his NLMR principle (that probably will be published in the next months by Bill hmself but will be only sold to a limited inner circle and for a very high price!)

Paolo
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Steve Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1119 Posts

Profile of Steve Martin
Ummmm....no, he couldn't. You are saying to someone, "think of ANY word" and then you tell them that word.

I don't care if you dress up as a wizard with the hat and everything, you can't do such a thing for real unless you get VERY lucky.
Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking.
Albert Einstein
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
I can do it. I'm that good.
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Unless you know of which principle I'm talking about... don't state your opinion as a fact.

Also, you should know better than that. Sometimes what you get (or laymen get) is the "idea" they could think of any word... not that they really could have thought of any word... but to them that's what they believe and it's that what makes the NLMR principle so great (and almost impossible to backtrack... Eh! Eh! Eh!)

Paolo
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
El_Lamo
View Profile
Special user
Canada
589 Posts

Profile of El_Lamo
I think Mr. Palmer used a "remote viewer" to do it.
The Paraspychology Institute of Cleveland had agreed to present their findings on this apparatus within the next few days.

Technological advancements have enabled the viewing apparatus to be minimized so that it is no longer the size of UPS vehicle. The remote viewer now fits comfortably in the palm of the user's hand.

For a limited time, I will share this link to the PIC photos.

Remote Viewer

Artist Drawing Of Actual Picture Seen ......gnified.
Life is a system of circumstance presented coincidently in an illusory way.
Steve Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1119 Posts

Profile of Steve Martin
Smile lol

Quote:
On 2004-04-01 10:16, Lord Of The Horses wrote:
Unless you know of which principle I'm talking about... don't state your opinion as a fact.

Also, you should know better than that. Sometimes what you get (or laymen get) is the "idea" they could think of any word... not that they really could have thought of any word... but to them that's what they believe and it's that what makes the NLMR principle so great (and almost impossible to backtrack... Eh! Eh! Eh!)

Paolo

Nope. Alex said he could think of ANY word. No inflencing and no restrictions. The effect simply can't be done under those conditions (at least, not repeatably). No amount of NLP is going to help you here.
Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking.
Albert Einstein
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Alex (as you) believed that the choice was unlimited... but it was not!

Also... why some people see (and put) NLP everywhere?

Paolo
Steve Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1119 Posts

Profile of Steve Martin
Paolo - sorry, I didn't realise you were there with Alex when Bill did the effect. (Alex - was he there?)
Albert Einstein
Mel Toyer
View Profile
Loyal user
Luton, England
216 Posts

Profile of Mel Toyer
I can't understand why someone would be willing to explain such an impossible sounding effect for a piece of information that can be obtained quite easily.
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Steve, you are wrong again...

I was not there but I know Bill Palmer hinted on how to do such a thing in an old thread in the Inner Thought section, plus I know he expanded the principle in an amazing way...

Paolo
El_Lamo
View Profile
Special user
Canada
589 Posts

Profile of El_Lamo
Lord OTH must have been able to get his hands on one of the beta versions of the remote viewer!

See. That's what happens. One person gets the technology and then it spreads. Everyone has to have one.

Boy... Being a mentalist... really requires a lot of work keeping up with the Jones!
Life is a system of circumstance presented coincidently in an illusory way.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Perfect mind reading. Think of word and I will get it » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL