The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Positive/Negative by Robert Watkins (19 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2253 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

I was lucky to get a pre-release copy of this book. And yes I did pay for it just like I did for Jhana.

For those that know Robert´s work, it transcends boundaries, and is simple to do.

This is I feel up to par with his last release Jhana, if not better than that. They both compliment each other well.

The book is split into two halves: Positive & Negative

The positive side deals with effects that are of an uplifting nature.

The negative side deals with routines that exist on the borderline of morality

Effects:

Editions of You: Reminds me of Peter Turner thinking.....you are able to discern the exact moment when a spectator changes their emotional state.
Great routine, easy to do, and lets you concentrate on your script and presentation. Can be used as an opener. Different variations are taught and you pick and choose 9/10

Ambivalence: This has that Bob Cassidy/Mark Elsdon feel to it. A prediction effect using playing cards and someones name It is a spectator as a predictor routine. It involves everyone in the group 8/10

The Strangest Secret: a routine to empower your spectator to be able to achieve goals and dreams. Peter Turner thinking and is genious. Reminds me of The Gift from Turner. 9/10

Dark Entries: This is one of my favorites from the book....a Q&A style routine but instead with questions as challenges to the performer.
Also included another routine based on this one called Dark Entries 2: Weaving a Story
You can setup these tests or challenges, and you will always be spot on. Reminds me of when someone asks, what am I thinking now? 10/10

In the above Watkins goes over every detail you need to know as well as variations and propless ways of question answering.

The Difficult Ploy is a way to make your audience believe that the participant has changed their mind on something creating the illusion of choice where there is none. 9/10

The next section covers the Negative

Entheon: The mentalist induces a Near Death experience in his participant and reveals a name from beyond the grave. This routine may be too controversial for some Not my style of performing mentalism, but enjoyed reading the effect 5/10

Thanatos: Time of death routine that is strong, if you like these type of spooky frightening presentations, and if it fits your character. Not my style, but worth a look 6/10

Moth Man: Questions about the participants future. This will certainly kill. For those that saw the movie The Ring. This is something similar, with a nice scary premise and effect.
Not controversial but on the verge of scaring your participant. Reminds me also of The Bridge, and works from Jerome Finley and others. Great effect 8/10

Separation Anxiety: A way to apparently put the participant in a trance, and steal her PIN Code, and then you prove it. Reminds me of other works like Manchurian Approach, and others, but this is different, and has that eerie feeling that the spectator just witnessed something real in you being able to steal her info. 8/10

To One in Paradise: Being able to pick up a name from The Other Side.....reminds me of a performance I saw Jim Callahan do on Phenomenon....but in this case you pick up on a name from a deceased relative of a spectator.......this routine needs to be used with caution, may cause your spectator to feel joy, sad, uneasy.......7/10

that's it.

All in all, I enjoyed the Positive side more than I did the Negative side, but I guess it depends on what your persona is, style, character, and what you want to convey to your audience.

A good book full of great workers, and stuff to really think about and try out.

Final book score: 8/10

Thanks

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
watkins13
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of watkins13
This is a strictly limited release. Only 120 hardbound copies made. Feel free to PM me if yould like to order.

-Watkins
watkins13
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of watkins13
+/-

"Watkins is back with his second full length release. A deeper dive into the world of philosophical mentalism with a moral point. The book is divided into two halves: Positive and Negative.

The first half (+) reveals methods and subtleties to create unique effects of an uplifting and positive nature, while the second half (-) opens the door to the darker side of mentalism.

These routines will not be for everyone. Filled with controversial and brand new presentational ideas and premises, even if you disagree with the ethics of these routines you are bound to find ‘outside the box’ ideas that will get you thinking. Including the first 'Training Wheels' method to propless Q and A.

Learn the following routines as well as the secrets to: make billets invisible, guess Star Signs without anagrams or any process, hypnotically influence your participants, reveal a person’s inner personality, preshow people without them being aware of it, guess facebook passwords and bank information, display feats of Mediumship, the techniques of creativity, and much more.

Including a foreword by Jacob Smith (+) and Fraser Parker (-)

Do not be afraid… be comforted… remember our origin…

(+)

Editions of You- The Performer not only detects the moment his participant shifts from one emotional state to another- He is also able to reveal what emotion the sitter ends up on.

Ambivalence- Does wishing make things so? Give your participant the power to manipulate reality using their thoughts alone. The participant controls the outcome of a random and chaotic situation.

The Strangest Secret- Make an individual’s goal impossibly manifest on a piece of paper three days after meeting them.

Dark Entries- A new take on 4th Dimensional Telepathy and close up Q and A that opens doorways to new possibilities.

Dark Entries II: Weaving a Story: The very first ‘training wheels’ for a propless Q and A act. Reveal and answer your audiences deepest questions and fool the skeptics at the same time.

The Difficult Ploy: This one line of scripting will create a very convincing revelation of any piece of information. Allow your participants the ability to change their mind AFTER they have written down their thought- and still be able to reveal it.

(-)

Entheon- The Performer puts someone in a trance and they are seen to have received a Near Death Experience along with a glimpse into the ‘other side’.

Thanatos- How to reveal a person’s ‘Death Date’...and they will know you are correct.

Thanatos II: Another Version of the Truth- An amazingly clean handling of the Death Date effect with a powerful ending.

MothMan- A Q and A presentation where the participant receives the answer to their question three days later from a mysterious phone call. The participant never gives the Performer their phone number.

Separation Anxiety- Literally ‘steal’ an individual’s Bank Information from their mind leaving behind nothing but amnesia. Put the information back only after proving you were able to steal their thought by revealing their PIN code.

To One in Paradise- How to reveal the names of lost loved ones."
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4899 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Mar 7, 2017, watkins13 wrote:
This is a strictly limited release. Only 120 hardbound copies made. Feel free to PM me if yould like to order.

-Watkins

What is the price?
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
I love when Mentalism is pushed to new directions. Some routines for sure will not fit everyone and especially in this book but the value is beyond that.
Be bold, dare, care and go out your comfort zone to grow.

Congratulations Robert!
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
watkins13
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of watkins13
The book is priced $80 (that includes shipping). Expected to deliver on the 25th of March.

Here's a performance video of one of my favorite routines from the Negative side.

https://youtu.be/WLfOApcox-U

-Watkins
toneill
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of toneill
Thanks for the performance video - great to get a preview of actual performance. This looks like some really interesting material.

Ted
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
918 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Is it a physical(hard/soft bound) book or an ebook / pdf?
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2524 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Mar 7, 2017, watkins13 wrote:

-Watkins
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
918 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Thanks, missed that somehow Smile
watkins13
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of watkins13
Thank you all.

You can find more videos of the routines on my youtube channel "Watkins Mentalism"
Machina
View Profile
Elite user
403 Posts

Profile of Machina
Watkins produces material that makes you want get more of his works, or wished these ideas had come out years ago.

I've seen some of his shows as well as run around with him performing for random people in New York city.

He performed Entheon on my friend and it was absolutely incredible to see live. Everyone with us was stunned too.

Thanatos is by far the most terrifying and amazing effect. Also, it is my favorite. The difficulty ploy, wow, excellent excellent. It's just words that enhance your effect, subtly and beautifully.

Adapt, use and contemplate this phenomenonal work. You will love it.

Ah, you know, it's all great material. Especially the dark.

Warren Thackeray
This "has nothing to do with the Magician who doesn't like Rock n Roll!" Corinda

www.mechanicsofthemind.com
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3732 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Just ordered. Looking forward in reading your books. Sounds very interesting with a lot of entertaining routines.
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
watkins13
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of watkins13
I should point out that the "Negative" routines may be dark in premise and presentation, and if they don't suit your style the methods can be adapted to your own handling of them.
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1760 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Taken Directly from my forward to the Positive side of Positive/Negitive!

"Robert Watkins.

This is a name that I believe all of us will someday look back on
as a visionary of modern mentalism, mind reading and hypnosis.
Why?

Well you're well on your way to finding out through this treatise
of original ideas, routines and honest deceptions on the positive and
negative aspects of mentalism effects.

Who is Watkins?

Watkins is one of my dearest friends, I say that with so much
sincerity that these words etched to paper will never really be able to fully
convey just how valued he is. Watkins came to me like most do, seeing me
on Penguin Live then connecting with me on social media then showing
interested in creating and publishing material. The main difference
between Watkins and everyone else who typically does this isn't that he is
world class, but that while many have fertile creative minds, his mind
thinks far different than anyone else I know.

Creators like Watkins are rare, but friends like him are far rarer. I
feel it's important that you know that you aren't just getting a tome on
brilliant unique performance pieces by just anyone, Watkins is as sincerely
great as they come in all aspects of life as a person. He is truly a down to
earth, yet mystical being that has a beautiful mind that thinks in the
language of dreams and visions.

Nearly two years later, we talk daily, text, Skype call and talk
general life while supporting one another, never being afraid to be dead
honest. We were fast friends from day one and I can honestly say that I
am forever grateful to be able to call him a true friend and cohort.
What will you find ahead?

You're going to find unique ways to reveal Pin Codes, death
dates, birth dates, star signs and make yourself look like a world class
hypnotist without the need for hours of training. If you perform one of
the pieces in this book then you will receive your money’s worth easily.
I want to advise everyone here to view the various videos of
Watkins demonstrating his work and ask yourself an important question...

When is the last time you have you purchased a book where you
can see the author do the material contained inside in the real world,
exactly as written?

Watkins is the type to learn or develop an idea by going directly
into the trenches with cameras rolling to refine his craft. He has the
amazing ability to see things from his audience's perspectives. This may
sound like something you think to be common, but as someone who sees
more magic in a year than most see in a lifetime, I can tell you that isn't
the case.

When will you be able to take this work out and use it?
If you're like me or Watkins then immediately you will adopt
these ideas, routines and concepts into your working repertoire. Taking
something as the Separation Anxiety or even just the Severance concept
out will be like taking a gun to a knife fight when you perform.
Confidence, belief in yourself and the devotion to performing
some truly stunning mentalism are the cornerstones of your success with
the material ahead. If you never underestimate yourself or the methods
presented then the material will bring massive amounts of success to even
the most novice of performer.

Finally...

You're in for a treat, I know firsthand how powerful these
workers are because I in fact use many of them. I still remember the first
time I saw Dark Entries and the unbelievable layering of methods that
makes everything appear to be way too clean to be simply a pseudo
demonstration. It appeared real and the audiences in the video confirmed
that further..."

To further state...

Purchasers are in for a real treatise.

XX,
-Jacob
watkins13
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of watkins13
I will be sending out the PDFs to all my customers tonight.

These things are going fast.

PM me if you are interested.
watkins13
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of watkins13
The PDFs have been sent out to all those who ordered so far.

-Watkins
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3732 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I just received the pdf (waiting for the hardcover book) and only had a chance to read the first two Positive effects. They are terrific, very well though out, practical, and very entertaining effects. I will defintely use these routiens. I am very impressed with Watkin's thinking and approach. So far I only have a "positive" opinion about this book.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
watkins13
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of watkins13
Thanks everyone for the messages and interest.

There are still plenty left so if you are interested please PM me.

-Watkins
watkins13
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of watkins13
Here's a quick little teaser for the Death Date effect.

https://youtu.be/k2ZXaWC9-Ao
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Positive/Negative by Robert Watkins (19 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL