The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Transformer Chop Cup by Sean Yang (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Do you do teaching about how to chop you're own balls mate?
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4932 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Quote:
On Mar 25, 2017, Karl M wrote:
Do you do teaching about how to chop you're own balls mate?


Oh my!
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5264 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Who does he look like, Lorena Bobbitt?
D_avid
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of D_avid
Love this! I immediately made a chopped bill and works like a charm. Of course the magnet is the perfect strength (At least in my opinion).
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3259 Posts

Profile of warren
Looks very promising Smile
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5003 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
If someone who has this and also has a set of Leo Smetser's chop baseballs would let me know how they work out. That would be great. Also, how big can a final be? What are the inner dimensions when in "chop cup mode"?

The reason I ask about the baseballs is I have a small Don Alan type chop cup (little bigger than a shotglass) and both crotchet balls and the baseballs (to a much lesser extent) have a tendency to bounce back off my close up pad and re-stick when I do not want it to Smile

Otherwise, Everything this guy (Sean Yang) touches, seems to turn to gold. Loved his very underpriced "Rubber Bang" dvd. His 3 way mirror / close up pad in a pinch was awesome. Mini ball from briefcase (Looked cool but I did not read a lot about it). Now this, another great idea. I find him VERY creative.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).






Smile Smile
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4675 Posts

Profile of videoman
Don't forget his Silk to Chocolate also. I believe that was his most recent release prior to this.
It got a lot of good reviews and I bought it and like it a lot.
I don't really have a need for this transformer cup but I think it's a fantastic idea. When I worked restaurants back in the day I would have loved it.
Sean is indeed a very creative chap.
TRI6KED
View Profile
Elite user
UK
410 Posts

Profile of TRI6KED
Quote:
On Mar 26, 2017, Poof-Daddy wrote:
If someone who has this and also has a set of Leo Smetser's chop baseballs would let me know how they work out. That would be great. Also, how big can a final be? What are the inner dimensions when in "chop cup mode"?

The reason I ask about the baseballs is I have a small Don Alan type chop cup (little bigger than a shotglass) and both crotchet balls and the baseballs (to a much lesser extent) have a tendency to bounce back off my close up pad and re-stick when I do not want it to Smile

Otherwise, Everything this guy (Sean Yang) touches, seems to turn to gold. Loved his very underpriced "Rubber Bang" dvd. His 3 way mirror / close up pad in a pinch was awesome. Mini ball from briefcase (Looked cool but I did not read a lot about it). Now this, another great idea. I find him VERY creative.



Internal dimensions are: 45mm X 37mm
Leo Smetsers mini baseballs are fine. His small final load is too big
TRI6KED
View Profile
Elite user
UK
410 Posts

Profile of TRI6KED
Depth of cup is 53mm
TRI6KED
View Profile
Elite user
UK
410 Posts

Profile of TRI6KED
Quote:
On Mar 26, 2017, Poof-Daddy wrote:
If someone who has this and also has a set of Leo Smetser's chop baseballs would let me know how they work out. That would be great. Also, how big can a final be? What are the inner dimensions when in "chop cup mode"?

The reason I ask about the baseballs is I have a small Don Alan type chop cup (little bigger than a shotglass) and both crotchet balls and the baseballs (to a much lesser extent) have a tendency to bounce back off my close up pad and re-stick when I do not want it to Smile

Otherwise, Everything this guy (Sean Yang) touches, seems to turn to gold. Loved his very underpriced "Rubber Bang" dvd. His 3 way mirror / close up pad in a pinch was awesome. Mini ball from briefcase (Looked cool but I did not read a lot about it). Now this, another great idea. I find him VERY creative.


Internal dimensions are: Mouth opening 45mm X 37mm - Depth of cup is 53mm.
Leo Smetsers mini baseballs are fine. His final small baseball load is too big.
The bounce problem is there to an extent. They can reattach when you don't want them to. Maybe the right sort of soft close up pad might make a difference.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5003 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Thanks TazBo. At least I know the size will work for the regular 1" balls. The bounce is making me crazy. The cup I have is 2" diameter and a depth of 1 3/4" I have tried on a couple different pads (with different thicknesses and materials) I even have a thin neoprene pad. My hand actually works the best as a surface but I don't like the way it looks just using my hand. I have had some success playing with angles while dropping it but that too looks funny.

I was hoping this would be better yet still giving me a small cup that doesn't take a lot of space. The multi-functional design of this is perfect. I wonder if the problem of the balls (crochet or baseball) bouncing and re-sticking could be solved with a weaker magnet in the cup? I might just get this one and use the money idea, at least I will have something that can be with me all the time without using any more space. Of course I am usually so broke I will probably have to borrow the bills Smile (just makes the magic better).
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).






Smile Smile
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Mine just arrived, this is something I wish I had when I was table hopping, (but not too sure I would have given up my Don Allan Pockety Chop Cup. Smile ). A chop cup and business card/prediction display stand that used no additional pocket space...

This is just so cool, I happen to love James Bondian things. I've tested it with 1 inch and 1/2 inch crotchet chop balls, and it works like a dream. It holds secure with an easy release and no bounce back issue (I used a steno notepad as the surface). The inside area is 1 1/2 inches by 1 7/8 inches with a depth of about 2 inches.
Sean Yang
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Sean Yang
Hi everyone

Can I ask everybody who got chop cup a question?

After you watch the instruction video, can you understand why setting the magnets in the box?
If yes do you do it?

I am thinking to add more chapter to explain it.

Thanks,
Sean
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
I understand, it is to secure the cardbox into the transformer as there is nothing on the bottom to keep it in.
But no, I have not done this yet.
Sean Yang
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Sean Yang
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2017, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
I understand, it is to secure the cardbox into the transformer as there is nothing on the bottom to keep it in.
But no, I have not done this yet.


Yes, set or no set it both ok.

Thanks for your answer!


Sean
D_avid
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of D_avid
I have and having issues with one of the side flaps not "holding". It hangs and does not stay in place. I am also sending a Pm as I am wondering about a customization?
Sean Yang
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Sean Yang
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2017, Writer wrote:
I have and having issues with one of the side flaps not "holding". It hangs and does not stay in place. I am also sending a Pm as I am wondering about a customization?


About this just band it from inside couple time! It will be good.(because it new, the tension of the cloth material will make it open)
I will update the video later, just check what you receive part, I showed how to do.
Sean Yang
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Sean Yang
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2017, Sean Yang wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2017, Writer wrote:
I have and having issues with one of the side flaps not "holding". It hangs and does not stay in place. I am also sending a Pm as I am wondering about a customization?


About this just band it from inside couple time! It will be good.(because it new, the tension of the cloth material will make it open)
I will update the video later, just check what you receive part, I showed how to do.


I done upload the video. It start from 00:55. Please tell me if you have any other question!


Thanks
Sean
Uncle Joe
View Profile
Regular user
Japan
181 Posts

Profile of Uncle Joe
Just received mine and after experimenting I've found the rolled up bills work fine, but the crochet balls don't.
Because only 2 sides of the box are magnetised it seems that only 1 corner of the box will hold the ball.
In my opinion this is too risky. Plus you have to keep track of that magnetic corner.
If I'm randomly loading a ball I don't want to be staring into the cup to make sure the ball is stuck in place.
If the magnets were stronger this wouldn't occur.
I also placed the 2 magnets inside my card box to keep the black flap attached, again the magnets inside the
black flap aren't strong enough to attach to the card box.
All in all it's a good utility for paper balls, but not for crochet balls. If anyone has any ideas to get around this I'd appreciate this,
as I purchased this to use crochet balls.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
I've been using it with crochet balls, and they work perfectly.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Transformer Chop Cup by Sean Yang (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL