The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Craig Petty and Murphy's planning something special (36 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
mrsmiles
View Profile
Elite user
438 Posts

Profile of mrsmiles
Quote:
On Mar 20, 2017, Craig Petty wrote:
Thanks for the kind words.

You can track enquiries for free by using a sales board you don't even need a computer. Get a white board and set up a few columns.

Name
Phone Number
Email
Package
Next Action
Booked
Source

Every time you have an enquiry fill in the details that you know and include where the enquiry came from. If they ask you to call back etc put that in next action so you know what to do with the enquiry. Under Booked put if they eventually booke on not. At the end of the month you can see Joe many enquiries you have from where and your conversion rate. It will also help you stay organised with calling people back etc.

Does this make sense?

Hi Craig,
Thanks a lot - Yes it does make sense & I actually do this. So I would really value your advice on how I could do something a bit more advanced using technology (I would be prepared to buy/subscribe to inexpensive systems or pay an individual running a one-man inexpensive marketing company to help with things like how to track off my website, how to track off my facebook, reasonably good CRM, how to use google analytics. etc)

Though I say my budget is tight, I'm getting a bit fed up being stuck in the C20 and doing things very slowly and inefficiently and think it's time I upped my game. I know that some systems are free or low cost for low volume businesses like mine. As an example of why I need help I joined mail chimp last week so that I could email about 150 people from a wedding fayre that I attended - but I fell at the first hurdle... whilst I could import the email addresses I didn't know how to import their first and second names as well. Looked at some youtube videos and still remain stuck. I don't really have the inclination to stick with becoming self-taught. It's this kind of frustration with IT I guess I need to know your advice on whether you'd recommend finding someone for me do it for me & what I should consider subscribing to.

Btw, I have a good website (wordpress) professionally made. Saved myself the expense by doing 2 small one day local exhibitions for the company who made it and they did my website in return.

So inclusion if I wanted to do the web & facebook tracking, the google analytics, the CRM, the mailchimp mailouts, etc... what would you recommend for a technically challenged person like me who has a tight budget but IS prepared to spend some money on this, should I pay someone to do this for me and what systems should I subscribe to (ideally free, but low cost considered). Sorry to bother you with a follow up query!
mrsmiles
(UK)
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Karl M
There was some guys at Blackpool doing it and I spoke to them for ages about it and all the business and I think it was called Giglio or some thing like that any way probibly worth speaking to them mate because they do it for magicians
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Oh hang on I want a referals fee if you use them,see I am totaly in to the business side of it now,Mathers got it lol
Lucien Astor
View Profile
Special user
Sunken R'lyeh
656 Posts

Profile of Lucien Astor
Yay! I will get this lecture, in part for the material, and in part because I always found you *** amusing.
http://www.mediumarts.ca: Psychic Entertainment & Contemporary Art
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Inner circle
Changing the world with my
1278 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
It always warms my heart to see an average, marginally intelligent guy do well. The world can't always be full of geniuses and if Craig can educate fellow averagers on how to do well on a modicum of talent then I'm all for it.

Good luck Craig.
ku7uk3
View Profile
Inner circle
1776 Posts

Profile of ku7uk3
Craig has always been a phenomenal magician and performer. Key Master, Chop, The Bag and several others were great releases. Yes, there were a few mediocre ones put out because of the machine, but his hits far exceeds his misses.
However his entertaining opinionated personality was what made him a superstar. The WPR became compulsive viewing for everyone. While he was part of the show; it had massive ratings which dropped dramatically when he left. We all miss his involvement in the show.

If he is still yet to record this lecture, I would request he talk about Networking which I know he has a lot of insight in. Its a marketing area that has not been explored much and would be very educational to others.

I will be buying this lecture and will surely enjoy it tremendously.
MarcLavelle
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of MarcLavelle
Welcome back! I look forward to working with you again!
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
1320 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2017, Ray Chelt wrote:
It always warms my heart to see an average, marginally intelligent guy do well. The world can't always be full of geniuses and if Craig can educate fellow averagers on how to do well on a modicum of talent then I'm all for it.

Good luck Craig.

That is the funniest thing I have ever read. You sir have made my day.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
1320 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2017, ku7uk3 wrote:
Craig has always been a phenomenal magician and performer. Key Master, Chop, The Bag and several others were great releases. Yes, there were a few mediocre ones put out because of the machine, but his hits far exceeds his misses.
However his entertaining opinionated personality was what made him a superstar. The WPR became compulsive viewing for everyone. While he was part of the show; it had massive ratings which dropped dramatically when he left. We all miss his involvement in the show.

If he is still yet to record this lecture, I would request he talk about Networking which I know he has a lot of insight in. Its a marketing area that has not been explored much and would be very educational to others.

I will be buying this lecture and will surely enjoy it tremendously.

Thank you Stephen.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
1320 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2017, MarcLavelle wrote:

Big things ahead Mr Lavelle!
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
7783 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Mar 17, 2017, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Greg, you did absolutely nothing wrong, we had a lot of nasty people on the Café back then and most of them have been excused from the Café. You had a right to respond to their ridiculous comments, just because you take magic seriously, and get excited when you see and know something is excellent.

Stop with apologizing, you have nothing to apologize for.

As for the marketed effect, it is not totally your fault, someone along the way should have seen your honest mistake. Even David Penn just made another incorrect comment about nothing has been like this ever. It happens all the time.

Unfortunately, magic dealers and wholesalers do not want to pay for a consultant, they expect I all free gratis, like who can live on free gratis, not me.

I hope you are selling those as the off the market product needs to be brought back, with credit of the originator.

Who's Greg??
Smile Smile Smile Smile
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3237 Posts

Profile of warren
When is this coming out I'm getting impatient ?
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
7783 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Don’t hold your breath.
Colin (C.J.)
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of Colin (C.J.)
Come on Craig, I started this thread ages ago. Let's see some momentum. When's the lecture? You can't claim to be the UK's number one motivational magician when you can't even motivate yourself.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
7783 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2017, Craig Petty wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2017, MarcLavelle wrote:

Big things ahead Mr Lavelle!

Check out the date of his last post here. He’s trying to tell you something.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3237 Posts

Profile of warren
Well I personally like Craig, he's put out some good stuff and having seen him perform some of the effects he intended for the lecture I can say there are some good practical worker's amongst the effects.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
7783 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Who said they didn’t like him? Smile
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3237 Posts

Profile of warren
Well the comment made from nuur didn't strike me as a flattering comment haha
baobow
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of baobow
This was released in Feb 2018. Just downloaded it and started waiting.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3237 Posts

Profile of warren
I've already watched it......its an excellent lecture that contains stuff you will actually use Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Craig Petty and Murphy's planning something special (36 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL