The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Craig Petty and Murphy's planning something special (37 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
On Mar 13, 2017, Craig Petty wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 13, 2017, warren wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 13, 2017, reignofsound wrote:
Your handling of Murray Mint.

He wouldn't be able to do that as Murray Mint is Micheal Murray's effect, however if you own Murray Mint it's not hard to work out the handling that Craig uses.

Correct. And I'm not messing up again.

I'll film a tutorial of my handling and upload it into the Murray Mint FB group. That way everyone wins. I'll sort it tomorrow in the office that at I can get one of the guys to hold a camera for me!!

Top man!
Colin (C.J.)
View Profile
Special user
564 Posts

Profile of Colin (C.J.)
I can reveal what the content of the lecture is: "15 routines. 12 unpublished. 6 Coin routines, 4 card routines, 4 routines that are just bonkers and 1 Kids trick. Some theory about approaching tables, groups, dealing with spectators and finally some marketing ideas that WILL generate more work."
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2017, MazingMandy wrote:
Craig, what is your opinion on business budgeting?

If you have a fixed budget what proportion would you recommend spending on new tricks (assuming you have been a magician for a while so already have a pretty good arsenal) vs promotional material/networking clubs/wedding fairs and that kind of thing?

Budgeting is something that a lot of people overlook. Firstly you should track every enquiry in terms of its source. On a month by month basis you should know how many enquiry have come from every avenue (Facebook, Wedding Fayres, Internet Search etc). You should also know how much you are spending on each source of gigs. This will allow you to work out your CPE (cost per enquiry).

The CPE tells you a lot. You might be spending a fortune on Pay Per Click but the CPE might be a lot higher than (for example) Facebook. This allows you to see which methods of enquiry acquisition are working. You will be amazed if you do this. The things you think might be working are not as cost effective as you may think.

You can then work out CPB (Cost Per Booking) using a similar method. Once you have this info you can make an informed decision on where to spend your money. The amount you spend is based on your turnover.

As a general rule unless you are just starting out your money should not be spent on tricks. If you are serious about growing your business it's more important to invest it elsewhere. There is no one trick that will make you famous.

That's a brief look at a very complicated but important subject. Does that help?

Craig
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
Has tolerated the trolls here for
676 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
That a huge help, thanks Craig. Karl, catweazle, take note!
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Yeah I already know most of it,but any way thanks Craig
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Here's the thing Karl.

If you know it, but you aren't doing it then you don't really know it.

All the knowledge in the works doesn't mean anything unless it's put into practice.
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Good advice thank you Craig mate I am putting it all in action from now on
Yuan Moons
View Profile
Veteran user
348 Posts

Profile of Yuan Moons
Quote:
On Mar 15, 2017, Craig Petty wrote:
Here's the thing Karl.

All the knowledge in the works doesn't mean anything unless it's put into practice.

Never a truer word spoken. There's a whole lot more to being successful in business than just knowing the steps. I imagine you've got to where you are now from good business practices and just as important, by learning from mistakes.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Here's the names of the tricks off my upcoming lecture with Murphy's. Can you guess what any of them are? This doesn't include the theory - just the tricks....

I'm super excited to be filming this soon!

Security Pen
Ninja Opener
Triumph Extreme
Triple Threat
Phone
B.I.M
Colouring Deck
A Marvellous Packet Trick
Framed
Illusionarium
Ink Master
Empowerment
Ninja Purse
Virtual Matrix
EZACAAN

Craig
Darrin Cook
View Profile
Special user
621 Posts

Profile of Darrin Cook
It's good to have you back.
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
I'm so IN Smile
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
Colin (C.J.)
View Profile
Special user
564 Posts

Profile of Colin (C.J.)
Quote:
On Mar 16, 2017, Craig Petty wrote:
Here's the names of the tricks off my upcoming lecture with Murphy's. Can you guess what any of them are? This doesn't include the theory - just the tricks....

Security Pen
Ninja Opener
Triumph Extreme
Triple Threat
Phone
B.I.M
Colouring Deck
Framed
Illusionarium
Ink Master
Empowerment
Ninja Purse
Virtual Matrix
EZACAAN

Craig

Hi Craig, I'll have a guess. The first item on your list. Is it Security Pen, released by Mark Leveridge many moons ago, which you saw, forgot about, then reinvented? Smile

http://www.markleveridge.co.uk/vlsp.php
NYCJoePitt
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of NYCJoePitt
Welcome back Craig! I was so happy to see this posting in the Forum. I've missed your presence in the Magic Community. It sounds like your time away has given you a wonderful perspective and a refreshed ability to navigate your new path. I thought your leaving was a terrible loss, so I'm thrilled that you are back better than ever. Keep up the great work.
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1353 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
Welcome Back Craig!
I am looking forward to lecture.
After much soul searching about a signature, I decided not to have one.

TG Pop [aka ProfessorWhut]
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Mar 17, 2017, Colin (C.J.) wrote:
Quote:

Security Pen
Ninja Opener
Triumph Extreme
Triple Threat
Phone
B.I.M
Colouring Deck
Framed
Illusionarium
Ink Master
Empowerment
Ninja Purse
Virtual Matrix
EZACAAN

Craig

Hi Craig, I'll have a guess. The first item on your list. Is it Security Pen, released by Mark Leveridge many moons ago, which you saw, forgot about, then reinvented? Smile

Or maybe Craig has made it more practical as Mark's routine wasn't the most practical and on that note Mark isn't the only one who's come up with a Security pen routine Smile
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On Mar 17, 2017, Colin (C.J.) wrote:
Quote:

Security Pen
Ninja Opener
Triumph Extreme
Triple Threat
Phone
B.I.M
Colouring Deck
Framed
Illusionarium
Ink Master
Empowerment
Ninja Purse
Virtual Matrix
EZACAAN

Craig

Lol! I love that routine! There're is a similarity but also it's very different!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Greg, you did absolutely nothing wrong, we had a lot of nasty people on the Café back then and most of them have been excused from the Café. You had a right to respond to their ridiculous comments, just because you take magic seriously, and get excited when you see and know something is excellent.

Stop with apologizing, you have nothing to apologize for.

As for the marketed effect, it is not totally your fault, someone along the way should have seen your honest mistake. Even David Penn just made another incorrect comment about nothing has been like this ever. It happens all the time.

Unfortunately, magic dealers and wholesalers do not want to pay for a consultant, they expect I all free gratis, like who can live on free gratis, not me.

I hope you are selling those as the off the market product needs to be brought back, with credit of the originator.
kaubell
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of kaubell
Craig,

You have given lots of happy faces, joy and laugh out loud moments during all the years in WPR, don't forget!
You have given so much for the people, lots of good moments, so much good.

Magic Café may seem like place where "true opinions" are formed, but its very small community compared to the number of magicians all over the world.

don't stop using chairs even when you once fell down, others may joke about it, but you have to say "but next I will eat banana and drink milk" and continue xD
mrsmiles
View Profile
Elite user
443 Posts

Profile of mrsmiles
Quote:
On Mar 15, 2017, Craig Petty wrote:
Here's the thing Karl.

Hi Craig,
Welcome back!
I'm one of those with some knowledge about what you've said about marketing - i.e tracking the source of your queries, the cost per query etc but I'm also one of those who hasn't put it into practice. How would you advise me to do so?
Just to elaborate a bit more so you know where I'm at: Much or most of this lack of putting into action is down to less than good IT skills - I don't know how to do the tracking and calculating on a technical level. Seriously, I don't. I get stuck. As someone with a low-turnover who lives hand to mouth, I spend very little on magic itself let alone nothing at all on marketing or technical or PA advice. Is my way forward to simply pay someone to do it for me? Who or what do I trust to do so - there is so much out there and so many people offering their services I wouldn't know where or who to turn to. And I have to keep a tight reign on expenses!

Finally, many have said nice things about your return and I echo the view that your post shows a man who has shown humility and honesty in it and who has moved on with his life. Well done; I'm sure if we all examined ourselves we could learn similar life lessons too.
mrsmiles
(UK)
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Thanks for the kind words.

You can track enquiries for free by using a sales board you don't even need a computer. Get a white board and set up a few columns.

Name
Phone Number
Email
Package
Next Action
Booked
Source

Every time you have an enquiry fill in the details that you know and include where the enquiry came from. If they ask you to call back etc put that in next action so you know what to do with the enquiry. Under Booked put if they eventually booke on not. At the end of the month you can see Joe many enquiries you have from where and your conversion rate. It will also help you stay organised with calling people back etc.

Does this make sense?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Craig Petty and Murphy's planning something special (37 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL