The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Seance in Sydney - Teaser (37 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Dr SH
View Profile
Elite user
French Spirit in Sydney
425 Posts

Profile of Dr SH
My big 2016 project was to create my first Seance. I have spent months and months reading about seances, and then scripting, revising and creating my own seance. I spent so much time on my seance that I decided to record it to show it to my friends from this forum, or other darker forums, to get feedback and hopefully to stimulate other creations. Sometimes I feel isolated in Sydney, and I thought a video would be the best medium for sharing, improving and maybe inspiring others. This is by far my biggest project, and it evolved to become much bigger than I expected.

I recorded my full seance in April and it took me months to edit it. At the start, I only wanted one camera, but then I added another two cameras to make it less static, and then some lights. I ended up asking a videographer to help me with the editing because it became too complicated. He asked me to use a better sound system with a microphone on me and a microphone on the table for the sitter, then... then... this 'movie' became a real monster in my life. I felt like a Hollywood producer (and actor, technical director, writer...). Finally, I am reaching the light at the end of the tunnel and I should finish the editing very soon.

I hope you enjoy this 'teaser', which offers a taste of what the finished product will look like. Enjoy!

https://vimeo.com/drsh/spirits-in-sydney-trailer

Voila
Delimbeau
View Profile
Special user
May the magic be with you
596 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
SH, I'm very much looking forward to the complete video! Great! Luc.
Dr. O
View Profile
Veteran user
NC
395 Posts

Profile of Dr. O
Great news Dr. SH! I know you have been working hard on this and look forward to seeing more. Look forward to further discussions on the 'darker forum'.
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Brilliant!
Phasmologist
TH1
View Profile
Special user
Zombies beware! I have your heads on
590 Posts

Profile of TH1
Just wonderful! Looking forward to seeing the full video!
Beware of evil spirits...and depleted batteries! Smile
Yogi2x4
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of Yogi2x4
This sounds beyond cool. Can't wait!
AttnPls
View Profile
Special user
554 Posts

Profile of AttnPls
Congratulations!
ManxBull
View Profile
Regular user
Isle of Man
116 Posts

Profile of ManxBull
Great trailer, really looking forward to the full video!
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1332 Posts

Profile of reese
You have my full attention...I want to see more!
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1780 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Well done! What a teaser! Would love to experience this in person some time!!
TEB3
View Profile
Veteran user
Texas
387 Posts

Profile of TEB3
Will you make our chat next week? This is really showing what several of us thought you were creating and I think you have pulled it off.

Lary
Dr SH
View Profile
Elite user
French Spirit in Sydney
425 Posts

Profile of Dr SH
Thank you guys for your comments and feedback, I appreciate it. I aim to finish editing everything in the next 2-3 weeks... finger cross
salcioppa
View Profile
New user
Columbus, Ohio
59 Posts

Profile of salcioppa
Great job! Congratulations for taking on the challenge of such an ambitious project. Can't wait to see the finished product!
At a convention of mind readers, a man sees an attractive woman he'd like to meet. He walks up to her and says, "Hello! You're Susan. Who am I?"
Dr SH
View Profile
Elite user
French Spirit in Sydney
425 Posts

Profile of Dr SH
I never used Vimeo before but I have to say I really enjoy their details stat about who, where , how people are watching my video since I post it here 3 days ago... it is really interesting.

People who watch this trailer live mostly in US, UK, Canada, France and Australia (in decreasing order).

In US most people watch from California , Missouri (no idea who) and South Carolina...

some people loaded it but did not watch it... not sure why but it appears to be something normal
69% of people watched the full trailer from the 1s second to the last second (which is a compliment)
66% of all people who watched it was on the 1st day of release
55% used a desktop (I am surprise)
23% a tablet
21% a mobile.....

just interesting stats... here the map Smile

I thought it would be interesting for you too in case you want to upload a video and hesitate between Vimeo and Youtube

Dr. O
View Profile
Veteran user
NC
395 Posts

Profile of Dr. O
Wow. I didn't realize you could get this kind of feedback. Pity those that didn't watch till the end as the camera caught a nice reaction from one of your spectators.
YitzhakNoDice
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
517 Posts

Profile of YitzhakNoDice
Mazel Tov, Dr. SH. I how you can stop in on Friday for our usual session and download to us!
A wise man's question contains half the answer. - Solomon ben Judah, Philosopher
steven-gibson
View Profile
Special user
Eastcoastspiritsessions.com
893 Posts

Profile of steven-gibson
That's awesome!! Well done SH, cant wait for the finished product!
Dr SH
View Profile
Elite user
French Spirit in Sydney
425 Posts

Profile of Dr SH
I am finalizing the files... last bit of editing.
The full seance is over an hour!
I am also making a second video of 30min where I cut out some background stories and cut a big portion of the Voodini remote viewing.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Looks like a lot of fun! What lucky friends you have.
Can't wait to see the entire performance.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
991 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Fantastic trailer and tease Dr SH!
It is clear how much thought and effort you dedicated and the results are deservedly wonderful...looking forward to the full piece!
An excellent inspiration for thus of us who have lacked the discipline for such commitment to scripting, practice, production and presentation.
Has me humbling myself and questioning my next steps...!
Best thoughts,
Bill ("Doc Ben")
Smile
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Seance in Sydney - Teaser (37 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL