The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Depository » » Fakes Bicycles? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RevConfused
View Profile
New user
Yorkshire, UK
65 Posts

Profile of RevConfused
I came across a Youtube video where a chap claims to show the difference between real and fake Bicycle decks. Are fakes really so prevalent? If so, is there any easy spot?
Lempereur
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Lempereur
Because the USPCC, owner of the Bicycle, Tally, Aviator and others can make cards cheaper here than anywhere on the word, the 807s and 808s and the like are rarely counterfeit here. What you do find counterfeit here are expensive decks, and gaff decks.

As a case in point, I desperately wanted a few of the discontinued eLLusionist Gaff decks used with the Army of 52 Project. The only place I could find them was overseas. I believe it was Malaysia. I ordered 4 decks at about $23 a deck. When I got them, the faces matched, but the color on the backs did not match traditional Bicycle. The back printing was also not up to USPCC Standards.

I decided to keep them, since I can easily split them in two and put real Bicycle.

What I see a ton of on eBay is $230 DVD Sets, aka Daryl's Encyclopedia 8 DVD set, for $65-70. Also from Malaysia, this guy is ripping of L&L and the others big time.

The problems is, only the copyright holder can get eBay to stop them. Someone like myself cannot.

Smile Smile Smile
Cordially Yours,

Jim Rose
RevConfused
View Profile
New user
Yorkshire, UK
65 Posts

Profile of RevConfused
Thanks for your reply, Lempereur. I had wondered, but, these things do make you panic!

I can certainly see the sense in the bad guys ripping of more expensive decks as they are getting a bigger hit, I guess...

Pirate dvds and before that vhs have been the bane of collectors for some time and will continue to be for some time, no doubt, as we are in a rapidly more digital age where copying software and hardware is commonplace. I had 10+ years of hell trying to enforce the trademark on my old punk band's name when Facebook etc hit.

Well, at least I can rest easy no one is ripping me off with bricks of fake rider backs Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Depository » » Fakes Bicycles? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL