The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Without this World by Kiko Pastur (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Doctor D
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Doctor D
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2017, AlexanderG wrote:
And do you recall where exactly it is on Reel Magic, Chris? Thanks.

It's issue 19 - The Road to Bejing.
Fero
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Fero
Just watched it.
Well, another way to perform "out of this world" trick. If any of you has already a method to perform it don't waste time and money.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Special user
Kreskin guessed that I had
688 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
I really like this. Combined with certain aspects of Liam Montier's 'Interstellar OOTW', this will be my new way to perform 'OOTW.'
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Some neat shuffling tips that were new to me.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3527 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I really liked some of the subtleties. I have my own impromptu ootw with any shuffled deck, but I am going to incorporate some of his subtleties into my routine.

Definitely well worth it for me.

kj
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
1395 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2017, pegasus wrote:
Zilch for mental effort. Very easy to perform. Once you have the deck setup it takes about 2 secs to do the 'work' required. After that it's just a formality. It doesn't matter if the piles are unequal. Just try and control the spec to make the piles as close as, so as not to arouse suspicion. There has been a lot of thought gone in to this particular method.

2 seconds to do the work?! Nice~
Gaijin
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of Gaijin
The methodology looks exactly the same as Greg Rostami's Cosmos Duo, done with a normal deck which is what I was already doing anyway. Is this really new?
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3527 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Gaijin,
This method is very different from Greg's Cosmos Duo.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Special user
Kreskin guessed that I had
688 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On Mar 16, 2017, 1KJ wrote:
Gaijin,

Indeed it is. TOTALLY different.
Gaijin
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of Gaijin
Quote:
Gaijin,

I trust you then. I am performing Cosmos Duo already but not using the special deck, I rather use a s***ch after the initial shuffle and I added my own subtlety to know when you reach the mid-point of the routine, I am sure that you will understand what I mean. Overall, I am very happy with my version since the process feels quite pure. Since you are able to compare both, would you tell that this newer version is even better?
drstevemagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Addicted to For Sale Forum so only have
244 Posts

Profile of drstevemagic
Quote:
On Mar 17, 2017, Gaijin wrote:
Quote:
Gaijin,

I trust you then. I am performing Cosmos Duo already but not using the special deck, I rather use a s***ch after the initial shuffle and I added my own subtlety to know when you reach the mid-point of the routine, I am sure that you will understand what I mean. Overall, I am very happy with my version since the process feels quite pure. Since you are able to compare both, would you tell that this newer version is even better?

Can't quite understand why you bother to write "s***ch" as everyone reading this forum certainly knows you mean "stench." Smile
Gaijin
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of Gaijin
Yes, I create a strong stench at the appropriate moment for the s****h. Some people call this far***g but let's face it, it's just innovative misdirection really.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4033 Posts

Profile of videoman
LOL, ha, ha, good one drsteve!
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2595 Posts

Profile of John Long
Gaijin: I don't think I ever broke out into a belly laugh from a MC post, but you got me!

But at least I've been warned to not watch your magic from over your shoulders.
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2595 Posts

Profile of John Long
Back to the the OP; from the comments it appears that a setup is required. Are there any suggestions for getting things in "order" on the spot? (that was an advantage of Greg's Cosmos duo (sp).

I think it was Grant's NuWay OOTW that requires no prep, but the magi will do the dealing. For a parlor setting, and using jumbo cards, this approach seem "fair".

John
jordanjohnson
View Profile
Special user
Hiding in the Shadows
553 Posts

Profile of jordanjohnson
Do Lennart Green 1-2 Separation or his Angle Jog Separation. They are both on his Green Magic DVD set
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2595 Posts

Profile of John Long
Thanks, but I don't (yet) own that.
dylanxtay
View Profile
New user
Singapore
100 Posts

Profile of dylanxtay
My personal preference when it comes to the setup would be using Woody Aragon's Separagon, where you can either learn from his book "A Book in English", or from his DVD produced by Lost Art Magic.

https://lostartmagic.com/shop/physical/s......7369a3b7
Dylan Tay
Magician & Cardist

Check Out My First Cardistry Tutorial Release http://thenewdeckorder.com/hk-tutorial-pack

Broken Borders Playing Cards Available Now!
https://youtu.be/5NRC7AbS0Rw

Check out my new Cardistry video, "Iridescent" right now!
https://youtu.be/iXPUETl8eQ8
halestorm
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
50 Posts

Profile of halestorm
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2017, paperinick wrote:
Sorry to side-track, feel free to ignore: was Out of this blah published on paper besides Reel Magic and various lectures?

It was also in the book, "Best of All Worlds" published by Brent Geris.
David Hale
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
2665 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Cosmos 3.0 is being released by Greg in a couple of weeks time so I would wait for that as it irons out the stri..er deck part and will imo be the best version out there Tarik 🙂
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Without this World by Kiko Pastur (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL