We Remember The Magic Cafť We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Fortuity by David Jonathan & Alakazam Magic (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3220 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1848 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Thanks for the interest. The first production run has been sold out at all Murphy's retailers for quite some time. I am told Alakazam is working on producing more and I will provide an update when I have more information. In the meantime you can certainly go to the link posted above.

Also FYI, Miss Katalin filmed a great review of this recently that I'll leave here: https://youtu.be/_wg5VghktfE
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
Stroop Test | TOCAAN | THREESUM | SNAPS | Precise Premonition | With The Band | You Know (UNO) | CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1848 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
FYI, a new limited batch is finally now back in stock over at Alakazam!

I also have a small handful of units remaining here in case it sells out again.

Lastly, be sure to check out Dave and H chatting about it on this week's VLOG.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
Stroop Test | TOCAAN | THREESUM | SNAPS | Precise Premonition | With The Band | You Know (UNO) | CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1848 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
A little blast from the past today as Fortuity just received a great review on this weeks Wizard Product Review!

Check it out here:
https://youtu.be/N62Z_QL1tYo?t=535


(Also I have been doing this a lot over Zoom lately as it really adapts great to a virtual show)
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
Stroop Test | TOCAAN | THREESUM | SNAPS | Precise Premonition | With The Band | You Know (UNO) | CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2262 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Yeah, I like this one a lot, have not done it in a while, have to dig it out from my piles of stuff!
no2ss
View Profile
Special user
California
874 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Fortuity is one of my regular go to effects... but I hadn't even thought of doing it virtually, though, duh, that makes sense. One thing I do when I do it (in person) is give specs the option of using the real dice or made up dice in their head, which seems to go over well, as I want to make it seem as totally random as possible as to which cards we end up on.
Deckhead
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of Deckhead
Iím not sure what to do. My deck was made with Noc playing cards, This sort of ruins the effect because there is no way to disguise them. I understand itís probably cheaper to use Nocs but this kinda sucks and sticks out really bad. Are all of them NOCís now? I just had to get the worse card in the deck as well. lol.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1848 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2021, Deckhead wrote:
Iím not sure what to do. My deck was made with Noc playing cards, This sort of ruins the effect because there is no way to disguise them. I understand itís probably cheaper to use Nocs but this kinda sucks and sticks out really bad. Are all of them NOCís now? I just had to get the worse card in the deck as well. lol.


Alakazam assembled the last run with a NOC card as the reveal, but unless you are under direct light, I've found it is not noticeable.

With that said, if you happen to have the "special something" used to create the deck, you can grab any deck and pretty easily replace those cards if it is a concern.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
Stroop Test | TOCAAN | THREESUM | SNAPS | Precise Premonition | With The Band | You Know (UNO) | CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
Deckhead
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of Deckhead
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2021, TuneHV wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2021, Deckhead wrote:
Iím not sure what to do. My deck was made with Noc playing cards, This sort of ruins the effect because there is no way to disguise them. I understand itís probably cheaper to use Nocs but this kinda sucks and sticks out really bad. Are all of them NOCís now? I just had to get the worse card in the deck as well. lol.


Alakazam assembled the last run with a NOC card as the reveal, but unless you are under direct light, I've found it is not noticeable.

With that said, if you happen to have the "special something" used to create the deck, you can grab any deck and pretty easily replace those cards if it is a concern.


Ty. Iíll try it. See how it goes. Good to know. A lot of what I do is under lots of light close up. So itís a concern but I wonít know until I try. Even if they see it theyíll have no clue what it is. I wanna replace them. But Iím gonna need 12 decks correct
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1848 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2021, Deckhead wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2021, TuneHV wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2021, Deckhead wrote:
Iím not sure what to do. My deck was made with Noc playing cards, This sort of ruins the effect because there is no way to disguise them. I understand itís probably cheaper to use Nocs but this kinda sucks and sticks out really bad. Are all of them NOCís now? I just had to get the worse card in the deck as well. lol.


Alakazam assembled the last run with a NOC card as the reveal, but unless you are under direct light, I've found it is not noticeable.

With that said, if you happen to have the "special something" used to create the deck, you can grab any deck and pretty easily replace those cards if it is a concern.


Ty. Iíll try it. See how it goes. Good to know. A lot of what I do is under lots of light close up. So itís a concern but I wonít know until I try. Even if they see it theyíll have no clue what it is. I wanna replace them. But Iím gonna need 12 decks correct


You just need one deck of cards if you want to replace it - PM me and I'll be happy to walk you through it.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
Stroop Test | TOCAAN | THREESUM | SNAPS | Precise Premonition | With The Band | You Know (UNO) | CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
Forza Azzurri
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Forza Azzurri
Quote:
On Mar 25, 2017, Fero wrote:
I think I figured out how this is done..... doesn't matter I think I will get it anyway.... this is genius!!!!


A lot of us can probably ascertain the method, but it's definitely worth getting the complete package already done and ready to go. I'd spend too many hours and too much money putting this together on my own. I think the price is warranted.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5580 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Mar 29, 2021, Forza Azzurri wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 25, 2017, Fero wrote:
I think I figured out how this is done..... doesn't matter I think I will get it anyway.... this is genius!!!!


A lot of us can probably ascertain the method, but it's definitely worth getting the complete package already done and ready to go. I'd spend too many hours and too much money putting this together on my own. I think the price is warranted.


Definitely agree, with all the back designs. Not a good DIY project unless you are a deck collector.
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, California
739 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
I thought I would add my handling for those who, like me (if there are any!), are not comfortable with that one special case. I practiced that case but it is not sure fire with me, some fumbling. It is what some call the "Oh crap" nervous moment if that situation arises. My "solution" to avoid the "oh crap" moment and make it "sure fire" for me follows.

After the die roll I ask if they want to choose the front or back, their choice. Let's say they say "the face." I say "Okay face" and flip the deck face up. I count from the face and remove the face up card at the number. I point out by showing adjacent cards that different rolls would have resulted in a different face. With the next roll, I say we chose front now we will select the back. I casually flip the deck dace down and count to the back. I point out that different rolls would have resulted in a different back. I then also remark that had they chose "back" first the results, face and back, would have been different (if they roll the same number twice this remark is skipped, though most of the time the rolls will be different).
So the "choice" I give the spectator is which to choose first, front or back, and don't present a choice of counting from the "top or bottom"

Phil
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Fortuity by David Jonathan & Alakazam Magic (12 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL