The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Insta-change by Nick Einhorn (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
I just seen this today as well. Love everything he puts out. I went ahead and ordered this today. I know I wont be disappointed.
MagicBarMan
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of MagicBarMan
Can anyone answer this? Can it be set up to change from one denomination to another, or does it only go from receipt to the $10?
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Looks exactly the same as SNAP which was released by Roy Johnson many years ago.

However, Roys could not be handed out so Nick has taken it further by the looks of things.

Anything by Nick is great.

Mike Donoghue
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Cinch by Shaun Robison. Been doing it for years. I like nick's handling a little better
DigaMag
View Profile
Veteran user
Indonesia
308 Posts

Profile of DigaMag
Is it possible to adapt it to another currency ? A side from the one that he provide ( Euro, pounds, and Yen )
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On Mar 16, 2017, DigaMag wrote:
Is it possible to adapt it to another currency ? A side from the one that he provide ( Euro, pounds, and Yen )

This is, essentially, a variatuon of The Chinese Laundry Ticket. If your currency will work in that basic premise, then it will work here. However, you will need to adapt what you are given to your own currency.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Yuan Moons
View Profile
Veteran user
348 Posts

Profile of Yuan Moons
This can be adapted to any currency. one bill to another. 2 different size bills can be used too.
DigaMag
View Profile
Veteran user
Indonesia
308 Posts

Profile of DigaMag
Quote:
On Mar 16, 2017, Chessmann wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 16, 2017, DigaMag wrote:

This is, essentially, a variatuon of The Chinese Laundry Ticket. If your currency will work in that basic premise, then it will work here. However, you will need to adapt what you are given to your own currency.

Wow glad to know that, thanks for the clarifications chessmann 👊🏼
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
It's a pity we're switching our British £10 paper notes over to polymer in the summer which makes this another redundant effect for magicians in the UK I should imagine.
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
I received this yesterday and with all Nick Einhorn releases it's very good. The displays are fair and open, the mechanics easy, and the visuals excellent. The only small knock is that you can't perform it surrounded (exposed from behind). This will be living in my wallet. BTW- the receipt is from Walgreens. You can imagine the reaction this could get from an unsuspecting cashier (at Walgreens) when you ask about their "instant rebate" program with their receipts and then change the receipt into a $10 bill to pay for your goods! Finally, I was super-happy that this was already constructed. Sure, I paid more for this but I'm sick and tired of wasting my weekends on arts and crafts projects. I hope that Nick sells a ton of these so that other creators and distributors take notice and start shipping fully-constructed props.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
On Mar 17, 2017, warren wrote:
It's a pity we're switching our British £10 paper notes over to polymer in the summer which makes this another redundant effect for magicians in the UK I should imagine.

You can convert or make your own in any currency and I'm sure the paper £10 will be around for some time after the new ones come out.

The receipt in the UK version is a UK post office receipt.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Mar 18, 2017, Saturn UK wrote:
Quote:

You can convert or make your own in any currency and I'm sure the paper £10 will be around for some time after the new ones come out.

If I have to make my own then I would expect it to be cheaper as one of the big selling points is that this comes pre-made and I personally can't see how it could work with the new polymer notes given that they don't hold a fold and will also be a different size.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
On Mar 18, 2017, warren wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

If I have to make my own then I would expect it to be cheaper as one of the big selling points is that this comes pre-made and I personally can't see how it could work with the new polymer notes given that they don't hold a fold and will also be a different size.

You can use what is supplied with a £20 note by replacing 1 thing which is very easy to do.

You won't have to do this until the £10 is withdrawn which will be in around 12 months time I guess by which time you will most likely have worn it out and need to make another.

Split that was released last year is more than this and you had to make your own.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
Just played with this some more...You can improve the angles significantly if you perform it similarly to Richard Sander's "Visibill" (keeping everything in front of you while shaking the bill). You don't lose the excellent visuals and of course you can immediately show both sides and hand it for examination.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
Quote:
On Mar 18, 2017, warren wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

You can use what is supplied with a £20 note by replacing 1 thing which is very easy to do.

You won't have to do this until the £10 is withdrawn which will be in around 12 months time I guess by which time you will most likely have worn it out and need to make another.

Split that was released last year is more than this and you had to make your own.

That's one of the reasons I didn't buy split in the first place in fact talking of split this is what someone posted on another forum regards split only a day or two ago "Hi everyone,
I have bought Split (can verify this) but am having terrible trouble making the gimmick.
If you have made one successfully,would you consider (for a consideration) making one for me? I can give you all the necessary bits.
PM me if you can help.
Thanks "

I know you have a product to sell Mark and the service at Saturn magic is excellent but I think your missing the point, whilst I think Nick Einhorn produces some great magic and I own numerous products by him I think he should have either used English £20 from the get go or waited until the new £10 came out if it could be done with the new note which is debatable as one of the main selling points of this effect is the DIY is done for you unlike other products.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
I do not post just because we have product to sell, we have only a handful left in stock and these will easily sell in the coming days or weeks without me posting on here.

I post to give my opinions which many value knowing they are not made to drive sales.

I don't mind opinions being stated on products but when they are given by those that don't own it it is not fare to say an effect is good or bad or not useable when you don't know what is supplied.

It is ready made and you will be able to use this for a good 12 months before the £10 is fazed out, by this time you will need to make another.

Why use a £10? I'm guessing Nic has seen people complain about tying up money in a trick, this way it's £10 at most not £20.

If you want to use a £20 from the off then just change one little thing, he even says to do that with the £10 if you wish it really is very easy.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
I do not post just because we have product to sell, we have only a handful left in stock and these will easily sell in the coming days or weeks without me posting on here.

I post to give my opinions which many value knowing they are not made to drive sales.

I don't mind opinions being stated on products but when they are given by those that don't own it it is not fare to say an effect is good or bad or not useable when you don't know what is supplied.

It is ready made and you will be able to use this for a good 12 months before the £10 is fazed out, by this time you will need to make another.

Why use a £10? I'm guessing Nic has seen people complain about tying up money in a trick, this way it's £10 at most not £20.

If you want to use a £20 from the off then just change one little thing, he even says to do that with the £10 if you wish it really is very easy.

Mark not so long a go on here you were stating how good a certain effect was and I heard from a mutual magician whom we both know that when he visited your shop you asked him to have a look at an effect almost asking him if he could spot the workings for want of a better word.

He was able to detect how it worked straight away like other had posted on the Café and said he didn't rate it to which you replied that you didn't rate it either and yet on here you were saying something completely different my friend so that's debatable no offence meant so lets just agree to disagree.

Thanks for your input and as I've already said you guys over at Saturn magic do a great job keep up the good work and it's been a pleasure chatting with you Smile
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
I believe that was box 98 which to be fare it was not really fare test of the product to give it to a magician as a challenge to open the box.

Further understanding how it worked etc I changed my mind and was convinced it would perform as required which it does.

I can see you don't like this one, no hard feelings.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
It's not a case of I don't like it, it's a case of it will be out of date in no time.

No hard feelings enjoy the rest of your evening Smile
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Just received this today. Excellent in all respects, save one. The $10 bill portion of the gimmick is not real, and has quite a yellowish tint.

I know the 'fix' but One shouldn't have to cut up a $10 bill to fix what should already look like a $10 bill. May still be legal tender, but some places may not accept such a bill as they don't know,either! Smile

Other than that, really well done.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Insta-change by Nick Einhorn (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL