The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Same coin for copper/silver? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Charles Gaff
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of Charles Gaff
I was recently on the big auction site looking for copper coins to make c/s coins with. While looking,I found the exact copper coin as many silver dollar. ( at least the front.) I was thinking it would be neat to (actually) change a coin from copper to silver in my patter. Has anyone had one of these? Though a completely different coin is visually striking, turning a coin from copper to silver seems very cool as well. Any thoughts?
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
I like those effects. Marc Desouza used to sell a set of English penny that became progressively more silver. He called them werewolf coins
Charles Gaff
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of Charles Gaff
Great concept. Thanks for the input!
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
557 Posts

Profile of karnak
If you could also find a gold-plated coin of the same sort as the C/S coin you describe (same type of coin, e.g. half dollar on both sides), then you could do a three-stage "alchemy" effect, turning a copper coin first into silver, and then into gold.
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3789 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
You can buy silver plated English pennies or copper plated half dollars from penguin or any number of places.ic ylu go on the china coin sites, they have replica morgans also plated fkr color changing effects, or same coin made in different metals.
First edition almost sold out, but don't despair, you can still get your signed copy and free gift!! Taking pre-orders NOW!! Second printing should be ready third week of July. So don't wait!!
RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! To pre-order, email me at rubinsteindvm@aol.com for info.
ORDER YOURS TODAY!!
Matthew Crabtree
View Profile
Special user
595 Posts

Profile of Matthew Crabtree
If you are into SCIENCE! you can copper plate your own half dollars.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Same coin for copper/silver? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL