The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SVENLOPES 50 BLACK. Svengali ENVELOPES. A NEW FORCE IN THE Svengali MAGIC WOR (35 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18823 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Ok, so...

do they, or do they not hold business card sized stock?
do these look odd, or do they look like black kraft top opening envelopes?
I've seen those on many u.s. sites that sell envelopes...
https://www.amazon.com/Coin-Envelopes-2-......07BGF0ZG

just curious as the water seems to have been muddied!
I've asked to be banned
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5649 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Mar 18, 2017, IAIN wrote:

from reading their blurb - they have put it along the long edge of a certain envelope, my concept works across a wider range of envelopes, and can be done very quickly, with nothing much else indeed...

Yes, I fully agree.

If one likes the idea of using the Svenlopes, I would strongly suggest Iain's approach in making your own such envelopes. The method taught by Iain (in his book Profeign) of converting a stack of envelopes into Svenlopes is super simple & easy; and allows you the choice of using your preferred size of readily available envelopes. You don't need any crafts training (NO cutting/opening/gluing is involved in preparing the envelopes). Once you get the knack of making 4 to 5 envelopes, thereafter the time taken to convert each envelope is no more than say 15 to 20 seconds. It's that quick.

For those who don't have it, I would strongly recommend Iain's book Profeign. Besides the SVENEVELOPES (as spelled in the book) the book is filled with a collection of very good ideas/effects/routines/utilities. There is something for everybody. IMO Profeign is a must have book for mentalist as well as magicians alike.

My thoughts please.

Back on topic please. Thank you. Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18823 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Ah bless you Ustaad, I was thinking of re-releasing it as an ebook soon...
I've asked to be banned
On The Offbeat
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of On The Offbeat
Saysold, I never said you can't express an opinion just that I do believe you are biased when it comes to "Sven" products, even if you don't think you are.
Seems like your SvenPads (which I do use and love) were such an instant money-maker for you that it has changed you and now almost all of your posts are devoted to promoting or defending your product line. I miss the old Saysold when you were simply a performer and not a manufacturer/dealer.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10626 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Apr 25, 2017, On The Offbeat wrote:
Saysold, I never said you can't express an opinion just that I do believe you are biased when it comes to "Sven" products, even if you don't think you are.
Seems like your SvenPads (which I do use and love) were such an instant money-maker for you that it has changed you and now almost all of your posts are devoted to promoting or defending your product line. I miss the old Saysold when you were simply a performer and not a manufacturer/dealer.

Nothing has changed - I am the same overly opinionated person I have always been.

Knowledge of Sven + the fact that I do this as my profession, means that I know what I am talking about even if you or other may disagree.

I do now have dual roles, and customers can still call me personally with issues. You can't do that with too many products.

I've been in this crazy Café kitchen awhile - I can handle the heat. Hugs to you and thanks for your support.

As far as Svenlopes, like any product they will swim or sink on their own based on whether the community likes them and finds them useful(or not). Bottom line.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Robert Houdin 78
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of Robert Houdin 78
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2017, Ustaad wrote:
For those who don't have it, I would strongly recommend Iain's book Profeign.

I will! Thanks!
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18823 Posts

Profile of IAIN
It will be available at the weekend as an ebook...
I've asked to be banned
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10626 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2017, IAIN wrote:
It will be available at the weekend as an ebook...

Based on Narendra's useful recommendation I would like to grab Iain's PDF.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
IMAGINACIAN
View Profile
Special user
In Your Thots
505 Posts

Profile of IMAGINACIAN
Really been enjoying this neat little tool. There are some great advantages Svenlopes has over Svengali cards and Svengali books/pads.

1. Only with Svenlopes, you can give the choice of "you can change your mind, if you want" to the spectator, as soon as he has cut to an envelope. If needed, the spec can cut to a different envelope. This is a big plus, imo. For cards or books/pads, the spec cannot be allowed to change his mind, after choosing a page or card. That would give the game away.

2. Another big plus, I am enjoying is the "reusability" of Svenlopes. I'm using the same set of Svenlopes for different routines - just by changing what I keep inside the envelopes. Whereas for Svengali books/pads, I had to write up an entire different pad for each routine/theme

3. A couple of other benefits of Svenlopes - they can be ribbon spread on a table or fanned in my hand - this cannot be done with Svengali cards.

(and here's secretly hoping that whoever these guys are, they now make me their brand ambassador - a well paid one, of course Smile
There is no better freedom than choice and no better choice than freedom.
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1760 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Svenlopes!!!

Look, there's a lot of gizmos and gadgets out there...

Wallets, pads, ext...

Finding a new and very different one is rare.

I don't really enjoy using them and follow the belief that minimalism is key to success in my industry.

Occasionally though, something comes through that we can't help but become raving fans about...

Here's my latest addition to my latest working set!

Find out why these guys are a godsend for my working set and why they can be for you too!

www.bit.ly/2ptgO42

XX,
Jacob
IMAGINACIAN
View Profile
Special user
In Your Thots
505 Posts

Profile of IMAGINACIAN
Wow...a 91 page pdf of routines with Svenlopes !! and Free !!! Just downloaded it a few hours back - only read through the first few routines and I really like the Tossed Out Envelope (T.O.E Test) routine. Planning to give it a spin this week. Will report back as soon as I can.
There is no better freedom than choice and no better choice than freedom.
NeverMind
View Profile
Loyal user
Right up there. On the stage.
235 Posts

Profile of NeverMind
Well if its good enough for the likes of Richard Osterlind and Marc Salem, it sure is good enough for me. Just ordered. Will review after I get it and play with it. The huge pdf was the tipping point for me, though.
It is better to be trusted than liked.
Under promise. Over perform.
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
TX
2128 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Here is my two cents plus close up video of the item....

"This is a strong prop for the working professional, anyone who uses envelopes - can use Svenvelopes!"
Youtube & Intstagram @MagicOrthodoxy
FOLLOW and SUBSCRIBE - I giveaway magic and cards every month
DrIlluminatus
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of DrIlluminatus
GOTTA LOVE SAYSOLD!
espmagic
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of espmagic
David Kenney - while I loved your review (and your ideas) your comment about switching the envelopes made me think I could simply do the same effect with ordinary envelopes bought from the stationery store...after all, I *am* switching them...
philipsw
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of philipsw
Some interesting discussion here. I, too, would like to read Iain's book - where can I grab it Iain? In the meantime, here's my potted thoughts on the concept - which I like: http://www.bicycle-cards.co.uk/2018/02/0......-review/
http://www.bicycle-cards.co.uk

It's not what you do but the way that you do it!
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18823 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Mines going to be put into a new release of mine next month...
I've asked to be banned
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1068 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
BANK NIGHT ON STEROIDS! Smile
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
1068 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2017, saysold1 wrote:
I got em.

Envelopes are very very small. Not a size of envelope or style anyone has seen at Staples. Not big enough to put almost anything in.

Will I use these?

No. Useless for my work. I don't see the point or advantages over a clear Force bag or other nice options.

Hi Brett,

Respectfully, I call out two of your points as "lacking"-

Very very small compared to what and for what purpose? They are not very very small to disqualify the many items listed by Imaginacian. For walk-around, closeup etc. and even some parlour and stage settings these are a nice workable size.

Not big enough to put almost anything in? When considering a routine utilizing such a prop, what would one desire to place in these that wouldn't fit?

Not everyone goes to office supply stores and for those that do it doesn't mean that they peruse over all of the envelopes. For those that do peruse over all of the envelopes, they are not going then say, "SUSPICIOUS, I didn't see these magician's envelopes at the store."

As for the advantages over a clear force bag is that the envelopes create curiosity and mystery in their own way. Allowing the spectator to handle, open and possible keep the contents surely displays entertaining advantages.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
1068 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Speaking of Bank Night, this gives me an idea to do a two phase routine giving the opportunity for the spectators to "win" the second time which they seemingly do but the $100 note is completely torn up.

And no, a one hundred dollar note doesn't need to be destroyed for the effect.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SVENLOPES 50 BLACK. Svengali ENVELOPES. A NEW FORCE IN THE Svengali MAGIC WOR (35 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL