The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Coaching (47 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19729 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Absolutely true. The VAST majority of coaches exist in order to justify their fee. No doubt.

Thisin no way invalidates the process, or speaks to the efficiency of ALL coaches.

My problem is when any of us wants to universalize their own experience. I personally do but benefit from coaching in business and never thought I would. This does not mean it isn't a very good idea for others.

Everyone had their own experience they bring to the table. All of it is valid in one way or the other. Nobody is wrong about having our not having a coach. It is all about what is right for you.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
cafecheckers
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of cafecheckers
Now that this thread is unlocked and I have been full time for a while, I thought I would post an update on how coaching has impacted me and my business.

Shortly after I graduated college last May, I realized that if I hoped to reach my goals and time lines, I would need greater assistance. Specifically, I began focusing on markets I previously only dabbled in - schools and fair/festival. I also needed more guidance in how to simultaneously build out my greater vision of a more encompassing entertainment company. I invested more time and money into coaching and related services Mindpro offers. I needed to evaluate and improve nearly every aspect of my business.

Mindpro attended two of my performances and viewed video of several additional complete shows. He observed and provided detailed critique of every component of my appearance - from the time I arrived on site, unloaded my vehicle, set up, performed my show, interacted with the audience and clients afterwards, packed out and left. Previously, I relied on audience reaction, client feedback, rebooking and word of mouth success, family and friends in determining my level of proficiency.

Through the coaching process I realized how much I was missing in terms of opportunity for improvement. I was able to address and improve nearly every aspect of my work. It is so exciting to look back and realize how much I have grown. This is most true of my actual performance quality, because I take pride in how I present myself. I see big improvements in my set, show structure and interactions with clients.

I hired Mindpro to produce my show, but also needed to have materials that clearly communicated how my services fulfilled the desires of potential client. He and his staff created pieces for me and we discussed how/why certain things were incorporated and how they work to achieve the desired results. This was a great learning experience regarding both the specific elements as well as broader business insights.

Being full time has created far more moments where I need guidance and direction, so our frequent conversations help me better address time sensitive decision making for more lucrative outcomes. My earnings and bookings have improved, but it’s not practical to compare to last year, because I was not full time. I am looking forward to 2020 and 2021, when I can really look at year on year growth. I also look at growth relative to achieving my longer term goals of building a more diverse children’s entertainment company. Much of our coaching conversations and actions include this component as well.

For those who have been here when my brother performed regularly with me, I want to share that he is doing well, married, and enjoying his medical residency. He also remains a business partner, contributor to our products, and occasional performer.

I share this update because I hope to encourage others who have ambitions to grow beyond their current level to seek professional guidance, if they believe it will be beneficial. Initially, great advice can be obtained for free right here in the business section. The key is to be humble, ask and be willing to listen. It would be great to hear from others how they approach the desire to build their business, and how they look to others for guidance.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19729 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Now there is a guy coaching worked for!

By the way anyone interested in my coaching services I can sum it up in two words.

Contact Mindpro.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
thomasR
View Profile
Special user
823 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Well no one is saying you’re getting lazy!! Ha.
Nice to hear a report
cafecheckers
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of cafecheckers
Thanks for the responses! I imagine, being a coach is not for everyone, as Danny mentions - even longtime successful entertainers. Mindpro has prepared an insane amount of course work, programs, and materials for development in many aspects of entertainment business. When he says his coaching is like an MBA program I know most read it as him bragging, but having experienced it first hand, I can say that it is, in that it is focused on one obtaining a deep understanding of various aspects of their business. Many on TMC can read his posts and see his wisdom, but when it is directed towards my business I get to experience the benefit of knowledge gained live time, it is most rewarding!

Some specific recent examples of where I have gained enormously from my interactions with Mindpro is BOR and Promotional Video preparation. We have sold BOR on and off for nearly nine years. For some period of time I stopped doing so because I felt the BOR was not serving my brand well and often not worth the effort in terms of $ sold. I went back to offering BOR a while ago and Mindpro was able to view my approach and offer advice with respect to placement in my show and verbiage. My sales have gone up exponentially. It is very encouraging to see so many more fans purchasing my branded items.
I currently have the opportunity to have a past client contact many of his associates across the market he is in to promote my services. I am making a video to augment his message. I have a short turn around time. Mindpro has worked tirelessly on viewing my material and offering extremely detailed critique on every aspect of the content and production over multiple edits. My finished product is considerably better that I would have created without such assistance. Details matter in everything we do, but the details Mindpro offered in this video can have an enormous impact on potential clients first impression of my business. I cant imagine conducting such activities void of professional guidance.

These are just a few examples where I can see immediate results, but much of what I am learning takes discipline to apply and time to work towards perfection. It is not intended to be a quick fix.
thomasR
View Profile
Special user
823 Posts

Profile of thomasR
It’s great you are seeing results. Are you handling the video editing yourself? Or you are working with a video editor / producer? Do you see mindro as the producer of your video? A consultant?
cafecheckers
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of cafecheckers
I did the editing myself. Compared to those who I compete with, I am proficient in the technical aspects.. I prepared a first draft based upon knowledge and insights I have gained from Mindpro over the years on elements and content centered around a show I had professionally filmed. Mindpro offered critique on the draft. Specifically, he suggested that I reshoot my intro because he didn’t like the background I choose.
He also pointed out ares where my music choice could be improved to better create the desired atmosphere. This is where we spend time broadening my understanding by discussing the “why” behind his critique.
thomasR
View Profile
Special user
823 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Makes sense.
cafecheckers
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of cafecheckers
An important aspect of the benefit I have received from recent coaching is knowing when to slow down my ambition in furthering business relationships with current clients. My natural tendency is to get them to immediately see how much more we could accomplish by working more closely together on future projects. Unfortunately, this has at times lead to the client not being aligned to my vision, which can have negative consequences. Mindpro has been most helpful in making me understand why this occurs and how to grow in my relationships more appropriately. I believe this could be an area where many people struggle.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19729 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Sounds better than getting free advice about free ads.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Coaching (47 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL