The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Coaching (50 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..22~23~24
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9640 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Thank you, Gerry, johnnyboy, and KC, I appreciate the kind words. While I can see why many would choose not to post here (I have never told them not to or asked then to) or share their stories, due to the scrutiny they may receive and the ringer they seem to get put through, it is always so great knowing my work with these people has so positively affected their performing, business, financial situations, and lifestyles.

In reality, there are/have been hundreds who I have coached over the years, yes, including many magicians, mentalists from here on the Café as well as The Magic Castle, America's Got Talent, Fool Us, pro athletes, and of course many in other aspects of performing and entertainment business owner/operators not in the magic world.

I think things like this thread have exposed others to the possibilities and opportunities that are available through coaching and the many benefits of it, as well as seeing a bit from the inside as to what many here have taken away from it, and of course, the fact that all coaching and coaches are not the same.

Other threads here are discussing other programs and courses and how they almost always fall short of expectations or only offer a quite limited context as compared to coaching and both one on one and group training (as johnnyboy mentioned.) As we see here on a weekly basis, performers (of all types) are not that well-versed in the business of entertainment, heck most aren't really entertainers, just performers, so it only stand to reasons that most of their business knowledge and interests are limited if any. Then on top of that, just by nature, there is the addition of ego and the self aspect that is often so preventative in gaining knowledge, education, and experience. That is why coaching itself (not just my coaching) is so beneficial to many of these performers, it can help get then to where they want quicker and easier than attempting to do it n their own, without the missteps, wrong paths, and pitfalls they often experience on their own. Ever try to do something you don't like or are not interested in on your own? The results are sloppy, all over the place and minimal at best. One of the things I hear from so many is how the structure and systems my coaching provides in their business males such a difference - how this alone has made the world of difference in their business. Heck, most don't even operate their performing or understand what a professional truly is as a business or performer when I get them, so that alone along with the initial foundational elements sets most up for success by itself. Then having such personal education and training based on their own location, markets, level of performance, and so many other personal factors usually is unlike anything accessible anywhere else or by any other means.

And while we don't discuss it here much there are other aspects that make a huge difference for non-performing, entertainment-based business owners as well.

I think these stories, other than trying to help thomasR from perhaps gaining a better understanding of coaching, are good to share as others can learn a lot just from how coaching has impacted and affected their lives and business and for many, overall personal fulfillment as well.

I do find it odd how those that share sharing their stories and experiences are being asked to justify their need or decision or reasons for coaching. I think one of the misnomers is the thoughts of "why do you feel you need coaching" and the false belief that they could just learn it on their own, or that the information and content I teach is available elsewhere. While each client's reasons may appear different, they are all really the same and quite similar. We operate in a business and industry where there is no formal structure, education or gatekeeper, so anytime anyone who has little or no experience tries to navigate the unknown by themselves, that is a poor combination. I applaud anyone who seeks training, education, and coaching to assist them in actually and truly learning the business of entertainment. As we see here, there are many that "think" they know and can figure it out on their own, and worse yet turn to other fellow performers who know just as little as them, so it very quickly becomes the uneducated and blind leading the blind, which is a recipe for minimal progress if any, usually more damaging and preventative progress than anything. So, it is good to hear when pride and ego get put aside to allow true growth and progress to occur from a true point of desire to learn, grow, and wanting to know what they don't know, and a commitment to learning actual industry operations. The benefits are long-serving and much more than just financial.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Coaching (50 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..22~23~24
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL