The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Coaching (52 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..22~23~24 [Next]
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I don't think there is any fault in a discussion. It is just that, a discussion.

To re frame it is useless.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3174 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Thanks thomasR

Honestly I thought it was a fair question to ask. But as always they use me to avoid answering the real questions.
Masters of deceptions for sure.

Tom
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Name calling on the other hand is a fault.

If it is such a problem Tom why post at all? You are not a magician.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
cafecheckers
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of cafecheckers
Quote:
On Apr 21, 2017, TomBoleware wrote:
I have a question regarding hiring a performance coach, and maybe this is just a guess. I’ve never had a performance coach, but wouldn’t you want someone with a proven track record in performing? Someone you have watched perform many times?

Fair question - to add what others have shared though - No - I do not agree that one need see a performance to coach. I never saw Bill Belichick play football but would hire him in an instant. Mindpro has shared an enormous amount of content that assured me of his credentials. He has given detailed analysis of what he likes and does not like related to videos and material provided here and that which he receives through his agencies. He has shared specifics about how to open a show and details on introductions etc. He has detailed specifics on sound quality, mood and tone of performance. Personally, I could care less if he himself is a strong performer, as I have never paid to see his show. I do not even recall him sharing his opinion here on his personal performance, so it had/has nothing to do with my hiring decision.

Quote:
Anyone can talk a good game in business and make suggestions based on mostly education, but unless you are indeed a magician it’s very hard to grasp how a magic performance works.

I disagree with this assessment. Some have tried to do so here over the years. They never last, as they expose themselves early and often.
Quote:
So that’s my question, and isn’t that a fair question to ask, would you consider hiring a performance coach without actually seeing his work?

Perhaps the term "Doubting Thomas" comes into play here. Everyone can make decisions as they see fit. Entrepreneurs are generally successful based upon many factors, one being able to take smart risks. Smart risk does not equal no risk. Taking no risk is incompatible with entrepreneurship. My direct answer to your question is: Yes.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:

Anyone can talk a good game in business and make suggestions based on mostly education, but unless you are indeed a magician it’s very hard to grasp how a magic performance works.
Tom

And by the way the irony just drips from this part of your post.

Just because this is how YOU choose to act, only without the education part, does not mean the rest of the world functions like this.

It is not easy to talk a good game because invariably people with experience call you out. Happens to you almost constantly here.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3174 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Danny, call me out on WHAT, I only asked a simple question. I’m not the one here promoting a coaching service. This has nothing to do with my performance.

Cafécheckers, thanks for an honest answer that you don’t need to see the work. Not sure I agree with the Belichick example oh. A famous TV personality is not a good comparison to a magic coach. You right sometimes you have to take risks, this is simply not one I would take. I just personally don’t think that way, but that’s just me. Thanks.

Tom
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Your hypocrisy knows no bounds.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
55Hudson
View Profile
Special user
Minneapolis
984 Posts

Profile of 55Hudson
I agree with Café Checkers that performance experience is not a prerequisite for effective coaching.

Many examples of highly effective business consultants and professors that have never held a job in the businesses they consulted in. To go back to the sports analogies - many professional sports coaches never played professional sports.

Coaching and performing are two different skill sets.

Hudson
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
It is very common in MMA to coach without having competed.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3174 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Thanks Hudson

I agree that many professional sports coaches never played professional sports, but they probably weren’t hired off the internet either. Their record is an open book. And that is why I say it may not be a fair comparison to hiring a magic performance coach.

Oh if the price is no more than purchasing a magic book I say go for it, you don’t have much to lose, but if you’re investing real money on your future, I say you better know the person you dealing with, know where they live, what they look like, and anything else you can find out about them. (An honestly I can't see any reasonable person disagreeing with that.)

Again that’s just me, just my opinion, and I have no problem with anyone that does disagree.

Thanks
Tom
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Well you are not the target demographic so it really doesn't matter.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10619 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Sure you do or you wouldn't keep babbling on about it. We get it, you've made your point. It's just your opinion. Why do you keep on sorry it unless for another purpose? You made your opinion pages ago.
cafecheckers
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of cafecheckers
Quote:
, but if you’re investing real money on your future, I say you better know the person you dealing with, know where they live, what they look like, and anything else you can find out about them. (An honestly I can't see any reasonable person disagreeing with that.
Tom

I think this speaks to the scarcity principle. You are making an assumption that this type of coaching is readily available to all of us. You are also minimizing the value of the relationships that one can develop here. Seeking a coach is not only a matter of getting to know the coach, but the coach getting to know the student. Much of this took place over the past six years of engagement here via this section and various PM's back and fourth. Furthermore, I own several of Mindpro's ebook offerings.

This should not turn into a narrow discussion of "why I chose Mindpro" topic, - but the broader concepts of maximizing on line relationship potential, making wise choices when faced with no perfect solution, and investing in ones future are things that can separate achievers and things I am proud I have done.
Keith Raygor
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
968 Posts

Profile of Keith Raygor
Quote:
On Apr 21, 2017, Dannydoyle wrote:
If it is such a problem Tom why post at all? You are not a magician.

Just sticking my head in for a lighthearted moment to rerun this criteria. Is it safe to apply that to others in this same discussion? Smile
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
As in?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
G. Batson
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of G. Batson
Keith, are you asking if hypnotists are magicians?
RobertSmith
View Profile
Veteran user
330 Posts

Profile of RobertSmith
Quote:

Plus Tom nobody has to prove anything to you. You are not the end user. You don't even perform and I keep wondering why you post here at all. It is possible that as they got to know each other things we are not privy to happened.

Speaking of.

How are your hypnosis shows going, Danny? Where in Vegas are you performing these days? Would love to come see you work.

Robert
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
So the mark of success is a show in Las Vegas? In which case I have failed... or have I? http://m.lasvegassun.com/vegasdeluxe/201......ntoxica/

Your turn. Where in Vegas is your show? Where are all the reviews? I'd sure love to come and see you.

My hypnosis show is about 150 times a year in the Caribbean. It actually goes quite well. Come see if you can.

How many fairs are you at exactly this year?

Still speaking of our do I pass your little test?

Certainty you are not trying to imply because we produce 1,500 plus shows a year in 4 different countries somehow I am not a performer? Let me guess that wasn't your point.

Ask Bob Sheets, or Peter Samelson, or Bannachek or any of the people who work with us how the shows go.

So what exactly was the point in trying to attack me in this fashion?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3174 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Quote:
As in?

As in, If it is such a problem Danny, why post at all.

Danny, you do understand that it is a tiny percent of the people on the Café that actually does magic shows?
Did you know that? And are you upset that they all can post here? Even mindpro has said many times that he is not
a magician.

Tom
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
No Tom. Posting is not the problem. You putting out bad information as the world's foremost authority is the problem and you know it. You know exactly what my objections are so please do not twist my words.

I am not upset you post here at all. You are the one upset when it is pointed out that you are wrong.

You know this so please stop the transparent attempt to switch things ok?

So if that is the case Tom why do you keep asking for credentials and having stuff proven to you? Why did Robert just do it?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Coaching (52 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..22~23~24 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL