The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Coaching (49 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13..22~23~24 [Next]
Tim Friday
View Profile
Elite user
483 Posts

Profile of Tim Friday
I would recommend Tony Robbins for anyone in any industry. He is an expert when it comes to the topics of coaching and modeling.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19758 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2017, Tim Friday wrote:
I would recommend Tony Robbins for anyone in any industry. He is an expert when it comes to the topics of coaching and modeling.

And selling and creating prophets. (Incidentally I did not spell that wrong.)

If you somehow believe all people are equal and all have the same ability to achieve whatever they want try asking a guy who is 4'11" and 250 pounds to dunk a basketball in a standard 10' rim with no trampoline. Then get back to me. All he has to do is run, jump, and dunk the ball just like Michael Jordan. AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN now is it?

So he is a great cheerleader, and some people NEED that. Obviously you do. Cool. No problem. But there are those who just don't need that.

Also why not tell me how many people have bought his stuff? Millions I would say. Are they ALL at that level of success? Sure we always see the ones who do succeed. (One might make the point that they were going to without his help anyhow.) But what percentage of people do not succeed? How about we pick at that end of the equation for just a second?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9558 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2017, Cafécheckers wrote:
The quote shared by Tony Robbins was likely meant for a lay audience looking for general direction in their life or pursuit. Here, it is out of context. I could have hired other coaches or purchased other courses that were specifically designed for children's entertainers. I could have copied The Great Zucchini, who I know and respect. I did not choose those paths because it would limit my possibilities. So, in the context of a discussion on coaching for entertainment business, copying others falls short of great advice.

I agree. There is so much general info and perceptions being bantered about, yet rarely nothing specific to entertainment business. I agree magician's material are almost always limiting. I can't remember the last magician's course, book or resource that wasn't very limiting in content. General info may help in a rah-rah or encouragement sense, which is fine, but always lacks the actual content we need to be directly applicable and actionable and results in immediate as well as continuous business and profitability to use specifically as entertainers. Even the following someone else's way to success is actually quite limiting, which is exactly why I offer my caching, consulting and training the way I do and get the results it has.

I have never understood accepting the general approach over the specific approach. Yes, you are correct it was intended for a lay audience. We must be care if we are following lay advice or specialty or industry advice

We all must make choices and those choices are what leads you to your reality. I've always said be careful who you listen to and who's advice you accept. I guess now it's time to add to that - be careful who's success you're trying to copy.
lou serrano
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, CA
670 Posts

Profile of lou serrano
I am someone who has taken the Tony Robbins quote and lived it. Mirroring the actions of others who are more successful than I am has gotten me great results in many areas of my life. I have numerous examples of this being true in both business and in my performances as an entertainer and speaker. It would be interesting to hear about the experiences of those who have taken the quote to heart and have either succeeded or failed.

Lou Serrano
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19758 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I want to hear the experience of a 4'11' guy dunking a basketball.

Everyone thinks that is sarcastic, but it is serious. Not everyone is equal are they?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
lou serrano
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, CA
670 Posts

Profile of lou serrano
Maybe we'll be lucky enough to hear about the experience of a 4'11" guy who emulated the actions of Michael Jordan. That's something I'd love to hear about.

Lou Serrano
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2658 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Certainly there are limits to your talents, but the last thing you need to do is let someone else set them for you. We each have to find our own limits.

And let me add, It is impossible to seriously set a goal that you cannot reach. Many may find that hard to believe but it is true. “It is impossible to seriously set a goal that you cannot reach.”

Don’t believe me, get out a piece of paper and start setting goals. Do it seriously and your brain will not allow you to write something down if you have serious questions about it.

We all are where we are today because that is exactly where we ‘think’ we should be.

I have succeeded so many times on sheer desire alone. God knows I am not as talented as many but when it comes to reaching goals I have the ability to shift gears and force myself to do my very best.

Tom
Do What Others Do And You Will Become Average

The Daycare Magician Book
www.amazekids.com/magic-downloads/childrens-magic-ebooks/the-daycare-magician/

Tom Boleware
www.tomboleware.com
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19758 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2017, lou serrano wrote:
Maybe we'll be lucky enough to hear about the experience of a 4'11" guy who emulated the actions of Michael Jordan. That's something I'd love to hear about.

Lou Serrano

So would I. That is my point.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19758 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Knowing the difference in a goal and a dream is important.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9558 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Yeah all of these general Successories type of quotes and motivations are dream or imagined-based. I personally prefer to get up every day and deal in reality and a realty-based strides. Other's quotes and imagined-based generalizations fail more than they succeed as they are all subjective and come with no accountable actions. Reality-based content has a far greater chance for success and accountability.

Btw, my mind let me write down that "I am going to be a tall back woman" because “It is impossible to seriously set a goal that you cannot reach.” Since my mind was able to allow me to write it, I will let you know how it all turns out.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19758 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Come on. You're never going to be tall.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
lou serrano
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, CA
670 Posts

Profile of lou serrano
If my success is imaginary, I must have an amazingly vivid imagination.

Lou Serrano
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19758 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I am not certain I or anyone claimed it was imaginary did they?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Gerry Walkowski
View Profile
Inner circle
1407 Posts

Profile of Gerry Walkowski
"If you want to be successful, find someone who has achieved the results you want and copy what they do and you'll achieve the same results." Tony Robbins

I think the problem with that quote is the word - SAME.

You can definitely learn SOMETHING from others, but I don't think you can ALWAYS duplicate their success. To me, a lot of success comes down to - TIMING.

If you spent a few weeks with David Copperfield, I'm sure he could give you some very good advice. That said, I don't think you could be doing yearly TV specials and make it to Forbes list of wealthy people. It's just not going to happen.

Again, I'm not saying you can't learn something from successful people. Duplicating their success is another story.

Gerry
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9558 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Thank you. That is exactly what been said by several a few different ways.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19758 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Exactly. But that doesn't sell many books to people. That is the problem.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2658 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
I agree, SAME is not the right word. I would replace it with, “your goal’ or “great results” and stick with it.

Success can be duplicated, but it’s like a suit, you need a good fit, and even then it may look different on different people.

I personally am not a big fan of Tony’s style but I still enjoy most of the things he teaches.
I prefer speakers like his mentor the late Jim Rohn.

Tom
Do What Others Do And You Will Become Average

The Daycare Magician Book
www.amazekids.com/magic-downloads/childrens-magic-ebooks/the-daycare-magician/

Tom Boleware
www.tomboleware.com
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9558 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
The modern guru movement came into being with Jim Rohn.
lou serrano
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, CA
670 Posts

Profile of lou serrano
The late Jim Rohn is my favorite speaker. His ideas explained so simply are a recipe for success.

Lou Serrano
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9558 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
And (to bring this thread back on topic) one of his three major reasons for his success and belief in success was having a coach, mentor or teacher/trainer.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Coaching (49 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13..22~23~24 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL