The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bare by The Other Brothers (18 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Quote:
On Mar 21, 2017, Tempesta wrote:
Anyone know a release date?

MoM expect to ship this out worldwide from the UK on the 27th March.
It's on the site here https://www.magicshop.co.uk/bare-by-the-other-brothers

Hope this helps you

Dominic
Wabojeg
View Profile
New user
Ann Arbor
78 Posts

Profile of Wabojeg
Hi, I doubt anyone knows this as it hasn't been out yet, but I wonder if you can use their palm in stead of the top of their hand? I would prefer that, as I'm not the type of person to grab someone's hand or wrist with two hands when I shake their hand. I suspect that since the two surfaces would not be very flat, the transfer palm to palm would not work good? Thoughts? Thanks, Kevin
Jack Straw
View Profile
Inner circle
Wichita
1020 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
You'll have to write backwards on your own hand, correct?
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
RSchlutz
View Profile
V.I.P.
512 Posts

Profile of RSchlutz
Yes you need to write backwards.

Ryan
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
NYC
752 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
Unless you do a double transfer as stated above, right?

On your arm right ways, transfer to hand backwards, on them right ways.
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
I.M.Wright
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of I.M.Wright
Thank you all for the support! I'm gonna try to answer some questions we have here.
You can defineatly transfer a whole word. It is thougher to do "in the open", but you mentioned it might be OK to be pre-set and that will work fine. Darryl and I can do a whole word "under fire", but that only comes with pratice.

You have over 2 hours to apply the ashes (or coffee, or pepper, or salt, or...) so more time than we've ever needed

The handshake isn't even the best way to use this. We have a business card with a force card pre-written on it. They choose the card and a person thr card makes them think of. Then we place the card between their hands and ask them to hold it tight, that's the moment they get stamped. The card is revealed and the initials of the person are revealed in "ash"

I would try writing the word on your Sven pad, then stamping your palm is you are using it and then stamping them while asking them to keep the pad closed.

I wouldn't try to stamp them on the palm, unless you know they have dry hands, a sweaty palm will not be a good place to reveal as salt can stick to sweat and muddy up the otherwise clean reveal

The double transfer is easy to write (no backwards writing) and is a great way to use bare without a pen to reveal a force object. But we teach you the way I trick my brain to write backwards. I can write full sentences backwards now.
Jan22
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Jan22
How long can I draw with the pen ?
Only 1-2 years or longer ?
i don't perform every day

Thanks for the help Smile
The Other Brothers
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of The Other Brothers
It has as much ink as a sharpie. So if youre only writing two letters at a time and using it nit every day. I don't see how it wont last you for years and years. I use mine a ton and its been a year
Jan22
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Jan22
Nice
Thank you for the fast answer Smile
Hudson Lee
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Hudson Lee
Are refills/backups available? (With proof of purchase, of course).
The Other Brothers
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

There will be no refills. As long as you don't lose it I know it wont run out!(at least until you've performed it hundreds and hundreds of times) theyre really at the lowest cost possible seeing as Daryl and I make them all by hand amd its not a fast process haha I think there should be a prize for the first
The Other Brothers
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Person to run out of ink!
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On Mar 27, 2017, The Other Brothers wrote:
There will be no refills. As long as you don't lose it I know it wont run out!(at least until you've performed it hundreds and hundreds of times) theyre really at the lowest cost possible seeing as Daryl and I make them all by hand amd its not a fast process haha I think there should be a prize for the first

So you guys are sitting under a dim, flickering light into teh wee hours of the night making hundreds of these one at a time. Hope you take a break...but not until you finish making the two I ordered.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
flyboy6541
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of flyboy6541
Hi, I'm Gus! I had a quick question. Is the "Ink", for lack of a better term, affected by elements such as humidity, temperature, and altitude? I had other special ink gimmicks that I can't use where I live due to those conditions...well, they work, just not like I want them to, so they end up out of my act. Thank you for any responses to this question in advance!

Gus
TRI6KED
View Profile
Elite user
UK
421 Posts

Profile of TRI6KED
Quote:
On Mar 27, 2017, The Other Brothers wrote:
Person to run out of ink!

I just ran out of ink!
Do I get a prize. ;-)
Only joking. LOL
danskefogden
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of danskefogden
This is the best trick since HUG by NEFESCH
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1162 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
Catch the replay of my Live Q&A with The Other Brothers to get even more details about BARE.

gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
974 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
This is one of the best effects I have bought in a long time! Road tested it tonight in my busy residency, WOW!!

10 out of 10, and thank you Saturn Magic for your very fast service.

Get this, it is up there with Double Cross!

Gary Jones.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - At The Table Lecture - Life's a Beach Vol 1 - Life's A Beach Vol 2 - Alas Chris and Jones.
I.M.Wright
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of I.M.Wright
The ink isn't affected by humidity etc, but you have to be aware: if it's so humid that you expect pepper/salt/sugar to stick to the skin anyway the reveal will not have any clarity.
Sparda
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of Sparda
What about if I use my finger to stamp instead of my palm? The stamp would obviously be smaller but could it work?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bare by The Other Brothers (18 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL