The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Every trick in the book by Jonathan Royle. Review request (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mmmario
View Profile
Regular user
perth/shanghai
140 Posts

Profile of mmmario
Greetings one and all
I hope this is in the right forum.

I am looking at buying the not-so-cheap download, "Every trick in the book" by Jonathan Royle. Anyone have a review?
Thanks muchly in advance.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Jonathan Royle has a very poor reputation. I have bought a few of his publications and they are extremely poorly put together rubbish. His forte is definitely writing add copy. I personally would not invest that much money for anything from him. I've learnt the hard way, so just letting you know.
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1740 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
He's also been banned from just about every forum.

Barry
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
He usually just puts together a mash of articles and web addresses for you to follow up on. You will get lots of rubbish pdf's as if you are getting value. If you have ever read those scam adds that go on and on with "but you'll also receive" that's Jonathon Royle. Absolute marketing junkman. It's a shame because I feel if he wanted to he could actually put something together that was worthwhile. But unfortunately, he hasn't. The flimflam man of mail order magic. Can only recommend, from personal experience, to stay well clear and put your hard earned money into a reputable creator. I'm very surprised that magic stores are actually letting his products be put on their sites.
mmmario
View Profile
Regular user
perth/shanghai
140 Posts

Profile of mmmario
Thanks muchly, my fellow magi
Much appreciated.

What a wonderful Café this is.
Cris Johnson
View Profile
Loyal user
Niagara Falls, NY
248 Posts

Profile of Cris Johnson
I second the opinions of Royle. I tried his hypnosis course years ago and found it to be a confusing mess. Now I am an accomplished hypnotist through the NGH. Avoid Royle at all costs. His complete mentalism show onstage was a total embarassment.
Cris Johnson, BCH, CI, CT.NLP

www.ProfessionalMagicProducts.com
Matti Kaki
View Profile
New user
Finland - - I.B.M. Finnish Magicians Assn
84 Posts

Profile of Matti Kaki
Thanks a lot! You just saved a bunch of my money. When searching by his name, the first result was THIS: "Do not hand over your hard earned cash to this con artist - His Ph.D. and doctorate are FAKE, as are the organisations he claims really exist - they don't!" https://drjonathanroyle-awarning.com/ Smile

Somebody should write some kind of warning to Penguin as they're selling this scam too http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S22322
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
He is a total and complete twat (sorry Magiccafe). We need to ALL recognise he is both insane and fairly evil.
Yet possess’s skills to hypnotised the somnambulist who is unguarded. So look out for this one. Please!
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1740 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
He also has hypnotherapy books on Amazon under the pseudonym "Rogue Hypnotist".
deadcatbounce
View Profile
Special user
the Wilds of Ireland
863 Posts

Profile of deadcatbounce
I'm just watching hm right now - on Craig Petty magic TV. He's still the same as he ever was. Full of himself, his history, himself, his childhood, himself, his greatness, himself. He's his own favourite subject. Absolute TOSSER.

Only difference appears to be that he's fallen asleep on the sunbed - white round the eyes, and pink of face.

Craig Petty, Talk Magic 187, Youtube
"With every mistake - we must surely be learning..." George Harrison.
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1220 Posts

Profile of magicbern
Quote:
On Mar 23, 2017, mindmagic wrote:

Barry

What’s that got to do with the requested book review?
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1740 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
Quote:
On Sep 11, 2022, magicbern wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 23, 2017, mindmagic wrote:

Barry

What’s that got to do with the requested book review?

It's how he's regarded in the magic (and hypnosis) community. The same applies to his products.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Yes in Yiddish he would be called a sheister
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Every trick in the book by Jonathan Royle. Review request (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL