The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Hey I have bones in my face! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20242 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I have tried everything to lose weight and had to resort to proper diet and exercise. Turns out that works!

Since having my shoulder replacement, and ACL replaced and my other knee fixed I would go through therapy to get them working but not like I need them to.

The inactivity resulting from such need for repair resulted in gaining weight. Since I stared losing hair I decided I couldn't be fat AND bald so I did something about it.

I started working with a trainer and he got me eating properly, or a reasonable approximation of it anyhow.

I'm a big guy to begin with as I clock in at 6'4". So I was figuring out calorie intake yada yada. I'm supposed to eat about 3800 calories a day! Holy crap. I complained that he wouldn't let me eat HoHo's and drink root beer. If he did that I can EASILY hit the mark. But with fruit and proper food it is incredibly difficult! Fortunately I am looking for a calorie deficit but still can't often crack 2,500.

Now mind you I took the approach that I didn't put it in overnight, so it won't go away overnight. I lose about a pound a week. But my blood pressure has gone down, my cholesterol has gotten better (Though high simple because of genetics.) and the biggest benefit of all is that I have worked through so much scar tissue that the mobility is close to normal. Which is very shocking to the doctors.

All this to say forget those stupid pills and crap you see. It is a slow process but you can take control of your body. You won't regret the way you feel.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Congratulations Danny. Well done!
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15935 Posts

Profile of tommy
Can't wait to see the before and after picture.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4937 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Congrats. I lost 100lbs using the chemo/radiation diet (I wouldn't recommend it). I do know from struggling with weight issues for years before that, that it is unhealthy to lose more than about 2 pounds a week (after the initial "big loss" - usually water weight). Keep it up though, every pound you lose will make you healthier.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20242 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Every pound is something ridiculous like 5 pounds off of impact on joints. No that is not an exact statistic so please everyone keep the fact checking in your pants.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On Mar 23, 2017, Dannydoyle wrote:
Every pound is something ridiculous like 5 pounds off of impact on joints. No that is not an exact statistic so please everyone keep the fact checking in your pants.

5 pounds of fact remain in my pants. Check.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1823 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Well done, Danny! It takes great discipline to accomplish what you did.

Throughout all my professional life in music, I consistently weighed 127 lbs. Except when I lost everything after a vicious divorce, and lived on the streets of New York City for 8 months. By the time I was able to get help and start picking up the pieces, I weighed just 115 lbs.

Took a while to get healthy, but now that I’m an old fart (I just reached retirement age), I weigh about 167. Would love to slim down, but I’m too unmotivated to start an exercise routine.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Congratulations Danny!

-Mary Mowder
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Hey I have bones in my face! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL