The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The President's Choice by SansMinds (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
This looks like a super fun trick.
I am sure it will get great reactions and the fact that you can hand out the bill at the end makes it very organic.

More info:
http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=59463

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Nice but expensive handout.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
This does look nice we have it here http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-magi......dvd.html

I might go to the trouble of printing up some promotional money, would be a good giveaway.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
hektormagic
View Profile
Veteran user
349 Posts

Profile of hektormagic
Can the gimmick be used many times or we should prepared new bill for each presentation?
And the most important question about to the SansMinds products - is it practical or it is just good ad and only for camera not for real close up situation...
Creator of the Monster Card, Multi Lock, Mystery Calendar, Houdini Spirit Board, Houdini Pendulum, Houdini House Spirit Set, UniPeek, Love Connection and Mental Card.
Find more on my website: http://hektormagic.com/products
Gregor Mann
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Gregor Mann
Looks great! Very creative
My latest Rubberband effect
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/7616

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-rjVv3a60g&t=18s
10 Tricks that might fool you or not Smile
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
More importantly, how much of a nightmare is it to construct?
mantel
View Profile
Special user
922 Posts

Profile of mantel
Reminds me of the Presidents Message by David Acer.
Matthew Crabtree
View Profile
Special user
611 Posts

Profile of Matthew Crabtree
Quote:
On Mar 27, 2017, emyers99 wrote:

Better question If you pre-order it now, will you have to weight six to eight months while others can just show up to a convention and buy it?
National First Vice President
The Society of American Magicians
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Something doesn't add up.

At the end of the Murphy's video, it says it takes about 15 minutes to construct the gimmick - which I'm assuming includes the mouth that opens, as well as the work to get the card to appear in George's mouth (hope it is not more elastic work!). 15 minutes?

Then, in the video, it appears that you can actually immediately hand them the same bill - this is shown once, and the words used are "and you can immediately hand over the bill for inspection". I've got to think that this is after a switch with another bill that has a small card pre-attached. In one scene, it does show the trick followed by him handing the bill to a girl to look at, but it cuts away before she has a a chance to examine anything...then there's an immediate cut to the magi holding the transformed bill, an handing it to someone to inspect, which she does by turning it over. As this is a SM video, that could mean that you've got to take the bill back and switch it prior to handing it out. I don't own the trick, but doing otherwise would give them a souvenir that gives the method away.

Naturally, there's nothing wrong with a switch in magic. But there are so many videos out there that are passive aggressive - put together very carefully to make it appear that there is no switch, while at the same time being able to say, "We never said there wasn't a switch..."

Still, it looks like a fun trick that people will get a kick out of seeing.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Wayne Liew
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of Wayne Liew
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2017, Chessmann wrote:

At the end of the Murphy's video, it says it takes about 15 minutes to construct the gimmick - which I'm assuming includes the mouth that opens, as well as the work to get the card to appear in George's mouth (hope it is not more elastic work!). 15 minutes?

Then, in the video, it appears that you can actually immediately hand them the same bill - this is shown once, and the words used are "and you can immediately hand over the bill for inspection". I've got to think that this is after a switch with another bill that has a small card pre-attached. In one scene, it does show the trick followed by him handing the bill to a girl to look at, but it cuts away before she has a a chance to examine anything...then there's an immediate cut to the magi holding the transformed bill, an handing it to someone to inspect, which she does by turning it over. As this is a SM video, that could mean that you've got to take the bill back and switch it prior to handing it out. I don't own the trick, but doing otherwise would give them a souvenir that gives the method away.

Naturally, there's nothing wrong with a switch in magic. But there are so many videos out there that are passive aggressive - put together very carefully to make it appear that there is no switch, while at the same time being able to say, "We never said there wasn't a switch..."

After watching the trailer, the statement "bill can be handed out immediately" might be true. I can't speak much as it was merely my speculation, but did you notice how Jason quickly took away the deck from the spectator after he handed out the bill? Your guess my friend Smile

Just my 2cents. Have a great day

Wayne
Beauty grabs the eyes. Personality grabs the hearts.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Good point! Maybe he's DDD - ditching the dirty in the deck Smile
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
That would make the most sense. Putting the bill in deck is motivated by having the President search for the card so it would seem like the perfect moment to uncover the card and ditch the talking gimmick. In fact, it actually make a lot of sense. I wish I had thought of it.

Quote:
Good point! Maybe he's DDD - ditching the dirty in the deck Smile
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Looked great I have a Bill like that only the mouth just opens & closes it's more of a gag bought it years ago. This is nice to see the bill combined with the card into a magic effect I like It !
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1015 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Quote:

I think we have been down this road before remember egyptian ink , could never been performed as shown in the DEMO
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1779 Posts

Profile of Ross W
This is a fun effect.. I wonder if it could be adapted to U.K. notes? Somehow it's even funnier if the Queen is your assistant (to a Brit anyway). Sadly no people on Euro notes - only bridges and archways.
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
Fero
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of Fero
Sansminds???
Is still somebody buying stuff from them???
Personally I bought 2 products (the gimmick broke after 2 performances) and they put out a new product every week that 99,99% of the time gets bed reviews.
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
My video review

video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKo4f8FzDmk
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I recently bought this from SM. Am a little taken aback at the enormous amount of time it will require to construct the gimmick, but I'm used to arts and crafts, so I'll put my mind to it to get it done.

But I must say that 15 minutes to construct the gimmick is really an underestimate. I would guess closer to an hour, after I viewed the DVD.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Quote:
On Mar 27, 2017, emyers99 wrote:

There you go. ^ ^ ^
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I'm not sure if "nightmare" is the best word. But for sure you have to be meticulous in your attention to detail. Sedulous effort required.

All comes down to whether or not one has a penchant for arts and crafts. But if you like arts and crafts, you will be in your element . If not, then I suggest you steer clear.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The President's Choice by SansMinds (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL