The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » List of easy reveals (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Bob Farmer
View Profile
Veteran user
Magic Forest
378 Posts

Profile of Bob Farmer
Here's the small packet shuffle referred to:

False Shuffling a small packet of cards can be awkward. A better approach is a False Cut that looks like a shuffle. Try this with a small packet of cards:

• Hold the packet in the left hand.

• Push off three or four cards in a loose pile (without changing their order) and take them into the right hand.

• Push off another packet (without changing the order) and take it on top of and outjogged from the first packet.

• Place all the cards back on top of the cards remaining in the left hand, the outjogged portion square with those cards.

• Pull out the injogged packet (the original top portion) and drop it on top.

• Repeat.

The Charlier Shuffle is mentioned frequently as a good packet shuffle, but I find it awkward to do and it actually cuts the packet, so avoid it.
stickmondoo
View Profile
Loyal user
256 Posts

Profile of stickmondoo
Nice one Bob. It is such a great little Shuffle. Thanks for sharing the description ü
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6079 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Sounds identical to Harry Lorayne's Utility Mixer.
scottvraneshfallin
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas, NV
58 Posts

Profile of scottvraneshfallin
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2019, magicfish wrote:
Sounds identical to Harry Lorayne's Utility Mixer.

I'm pretty sure Mr. Lorayne's Utility Mixer shows up in his earlier works, but it is definitely in And Finally.
stickmondoo
View Profile
Loyal user
256 Posts

Profile of stickmondoo
No, this is a Bob Farmer Shuffle first published in his Bammo Ten Card Deal Dossier in 2014.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6079 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Apr 12, 2019, stickmondoo wrote:
No, this is a Bob Farmer Shuffle first published in his Bammo Ten Card Deal Dossier in 2014.

Are you familiar with the Utility Mixer?
stickmondoo
View Profile
Loyal user
256 Posts

Profile of stickmondoo
The one published in Jaw Droppers Two. I am.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6079 Posts

Profile of magicfish
I see. Well, these are definitely near identical items. Sounds like a case of independent invention. Great minds think alike!
stickmondoo
View Profile
Loyal user
256 Posts

Profile of stickmondoo
I got so much from The Ten Card Deal Dossier. It is such a good book. Max Maven had a great spelling version of the Ten Card Deal In there. The one with the written instructions was genius too. This shuffle was my favourite thing in the book though. I use it all the time and have done since I first read it there. I think Harry says in Jaw Droppers Two that it had already been published by someone else.
stickmondoo
View Profile
Loyal user
256 Posts

Profile of stickmondoo
Back to the easy reveals. This is one that always gets a great reaction. It’s just a double lift really but for some reason it can really fry some people. You do a double then turn it down take the single card off the top face down. Place the deck on the table. Lift up half of it and spin the face down card through the middle of the deck then show it’s changed. Some people think the first card somehow knocks out the selected card and you get kudos for being a card ninja ü. Very easy but very strong.

Spelling someone’s name is a nice easy reveal too. Just jog shuffle the required number of cards on top. Annemann recommends this (spelling someone’s name, not the jog shuffle) and I agree with him. Scott Cram has a wonderful spelling revelation like this called “The Sweetest Sound”.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6079 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Apr 12, 2019, stickmondoo wrote:
I got so much from The Ten Card Deal Dossier. It is such a good book. Max Maven had a great spelling version of the Ten Card Deal In there. The one with the written instructions was genius too. This shuffle was my favourite thing in the book though. I use it all the time and have done since I first read it there. I think Harry says in Jaw Droppers Two that it had already been published by someone else.

Not quite. He said that a long time ago someone mentioned that he'd seen something like it in print but that Harry never had.
Anyway, it is definitely a beauty.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6079 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Fallout Move- John Bannon
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6079 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Vernonesque- Lovell
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6079 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Gag Card From Pocket- Malone
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6079 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Reverse Faro Ending- Lorayne
stickmondoo
View Profile
Loyal user
256 Posts

Profile of stickmondoo
The Australian Barbecue Move....

It’s not really called that.

It is an easy revelation though. In Semi-Automatic Card Tricks vol 8 there is a move by Lewis Jones called Double Under/Down Deal. I call it the Australian Barbecue because it’s uses Steve Beams Australian Crawl and Australians have their barbecues outside on the Pateo. This move is so versatile. I use it for a lot of things.

I always thought that the Pateo force is a bit redundant and very easy to figure out if you are using objects you can see and know where they are. I think it’s much more deceptive when using envelopes or face down cards like with The Australian Barbecue. The trick that follows the Lewis Jones idea is brilliant. One is the loneliest number.

MagicFish, where is the Bannon fall out move published? Is it a waterfall reveal? Your other three choices are great. I love the Harry Lorayne five card ending and use it all the time. Mentioning Malone made me think of I Should have Done it Myself from his first DVD set. He is so funny it’s not funny.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6079 Posts

Profile of magicfish
It is published in High Caliber
sandromagic
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of sandromagic
[quote]On Apr 12, 2019, stickmondoo wrote:
Back to the easy reveals. This is one that always gets a great reaction. It’s just a double lift really but for some reason it can really fry some people. You do a double then turn it down take the single card off the top face down. Place the deck on the table. Lift up half of it and spin the face down card through the middle of the deck then show it’s changed. Some people think the first card somehow knocks out the selected card and you get kudos for being a card ninja ü. Very easy but very strong.

Agree on that one. It fries layman.
stickmondoo
View Profile
Loyal user
256 Posts

Profile of stickmondoo
Another similar one to the reveal above is to do a double to show an indifferent card then turn the double down and lay the now selection face down on the table. Spread the rest of the deck across the table and take the face down card and run it along the back of the spread. Ask your helper to say stop and tell them wherever they say stop it will be their card. When they say stop flip the card you are holding face up. I think because of The time delay and the garden path, so to speak, this also gets a really good reaction.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6079 Posts

Profile of magicfish
This is Your Card by George Coon.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » List of easy reveals (13 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL