The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Who Have You Met? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
CMMAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
Myrtle Beach , S.C.
145 Posts

Profile of CMMAGIC
Kirby Van Birch , Copperfield , Mac King , Aldo Colombini , Gazzo , Aldo Colombini , Spoke to Eugene Burger and Whit Hayden on phone for an hour , Harry Blackstone Jr , Doug Henning , Joshua Jay , Mark Mason , Jay Sankey , Teryry Evanswood ,

One of my Mentors , The Late Lee Jacobs ( Pomeroy , Ohio)

and my true friends : Scott Compton , Jim Lee , Roman Lapree , Ron Conley , Michael Bairefoot , Aaron Stone , Genny Sanders , Chuck McDonald , Izzy , Terry Evanswood , Andrell Henry ( passed away 1-12-09)

Bought Michael Finney a Samuel Adams at Magi-Fest !!!!
- Carl Michael - www.CarlMichaelMagic.com
Frequent performer at top night clubs such as Mansion Miami , PURE Las Vegas , Marquee Vegas , and Veranda NYC . 2012 and 2013 Reader's Choice Magician of the Year. Currently headlining in my own stage show in Myrtle Beach . Follow on twitter , Instagram and ViNe @CMMAGIC
Lou Deeny
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Lou Deeny
Spent many saturdays at Tannen's and Ruben's Deli met Bob Elliot, Doug Edwards, Ken Krenzel, Sol Stone, David Roth, Jeff McBride, Rocco, Joe Mogar, Meir Yedid and many other great, great Magicians.
dsacks
View Profile
Special user
609 Posts

Profile of dsacks
To name just a few:

Larry Jennings (fun times at the castle & sushi nights and days!)
Jerry Andrus (when he visited the Castle0
Arnold Furst (remember him? A great guy)
Howard Hamburg

And then many more, especially during the mid 70's (and onwards) at the Castle. Those were some fun days!
bobn3
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, KS
718 Posts

Profile of bobn3
Rode in a van from Wichita, KS to St. Louis, MO with Michael Ammar. Had Jay Marshall and John Novak mentor me.

Bob Phillips
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20514 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Quote:
On 2006-08-02 16:04, Scott Compton wrote:
OK, Michael Ammar is from the same town as my father. It is a small town on the VA/WV line, and I have met Hannah and him a few times. He also lectured for our ring.

I met Dan Harlan at SCAM a couple of years ago. Dan is a brilliant thinker, and a brilliant performer as well.

I met Joe Givan & Carol Massie at our convention here in east Tennessee. Another brilliant mind in Joe, and both wonderful performers. I also met Gene Anderson, Jeff McBride, Abbi Spinner, Ardan James, Ayala & Tonia, Steve Bargatze, Aldo Columbini, Bill Pryor, General Grant, Simon Lovell, Tom Jones & Rachel Wild, Joe Mogar, Paul Gertner, Michael Finney, Tom Craven, Scott Hitchcock, Fukai & Kimika, Steve Beam, Tony Chapek, Michael Eaton, Bob Bengal, John Tudor, Matthew David Stanley, Jessica, Shayna & Mandy Reed, Yegal Mesika, JC Doty, Joe Turner, Barry Mitchell, and some others at our convention as well.

I know Terry Evanswood, an absolutely brilliant performer and world class illusionist who performs locally (for me) in Pigeon Forge, TN.

From other conventions I have met Losander, Tommy Curtain, Eugene Burger, Charlie Frye, David Williamson, John Carney, Tim Conover, Yumi, Lu Chen, John Born, Dan Sperry, Dakota Rose, Jeb Hostetler (1973 IBM closeup champ), Tim Sonefelt, Robbie Moreland, Roger Louvin, Bob Sanders, Steve Bender, Jason Michaels, John Pica (AKA Big Daddy Cool), Lance Johnson, Harry Allen, Lee Asher, Bev Bergeron, Junge Junge, Fantasio, Mick Ayers, and some more, I am sure.

From my local rings I know Scott Cantrell, Tom Vorjahan, Mike Messing, Bob Knigge, Dave Vaught, and former IBM President Michael Stratman.

I have emailed dozens of others.

But my greatest meeting was with Johnny and Pam Thompson. My son and I were their personal assistants for a weekend, and I worked backstage with Pam during their act, loading and unloading doves and props. During Johnny's closeup act he called me up to be the volunteer for his Vernon impersonation. After the shows, he was generous with his time, teaching me whatever I asked. As a result, I have 2 lifetime friends that I will always cherish. My son stayed with them when he was in Vegas for McBride's class.....he slept in the spare bedroom. Johnny is truly the greatest card magician alive, and I consider him my biggest mentor, and they are the kindest people that I have ever met. That is the real magic....

Scott Compton

Scott,

The greatest part is that Scott admits that we met him too! There's no defense now! LOL

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

PS --- I'm looking forward to seeing you out on the road again too.
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3010 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
One more I forgot completely:

Billy Barty
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
RayLogan
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of RayLogan
Well met and talked to extensively are two diff things, I've met too many to list, but those that I've had more than an hour's conversation, maybe many hours would be (and just a few)...
Dai Vernon (played Hearts with all the time, Dai, Kuda, Hy Bird, me)
Bruce Cervon
Slydini (took lessons from)
Larry Jennings - Drank way too much with...
Shimada - Ditto....
Ricky Jay
Mike Skinner
Al Goshman
Max Maven
David Roth
Steve Freeman
Peter Pitt
Kuda Bux
Siegfried
Derek Dingle
Martin Nash
Richard Turner
Whit Hayden
Marvin Roy
Norm Nielsen
Goldfinger
Jonathon Pendragon
Michael Ammar
Darryl
Jay Scott Berry
Sen. Crandal
Johnny Platt
Fielding West
Jimmy Grippo
Bob Sheets
Steve Spill
Jules Lenier
Ron Wilson
Doc Eason
Stan Allen
Brad Burt
Bill & Milt Larsen
etc.........................
Gotta stop... dam there's so many more, been a performong member of the Magic Castle since 1975 and lived in the Hollywood area 8 years, drank with many... smoked pot with many, you know who you are ... Smile This was sorta a blast from the past, I feel lucky to just know anyone on this list, many that I can call friends...some that I just can't call...cause they're dead...
Paul Budd
View Profile
Veteran user
It's a shame he's only made
373 Posts

Profile of Paul Budd
Quote:
On 2008-03-04 14:54, Alex Linian wrote:
-Jesus

Martinez or Rodrigues?
His face isn't really this long in-person!
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1181 Posts

Profile of imgic
My uncle's third cousin's best friend knew somebody that shook hands with Doug Henning's stage manager's wife's hair dresser.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
brehan
View Profile
Special user
holland
638 Posts

Profile of brehan
Derren brown
Andy nyman
Docc Hilford
Banachek
Max maven
Shawn faquar
Flip
Owen darque
Geatan bloom
Luke jermay
Tommy wonder
Jeff McBride
Hans klok
uri geller
And lots more
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Who Have You Met? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL