The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Kraken Card Wallet (with SUC) by Kieron Kirkland and Daniel Young (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12069 Posts

Profile of John C
So many wallets. Not enough gigs. Hey Karl, why do you wish you hadn't buyed it?
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Bill08
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
623 Posts

Profile of Bill08
Alazazam has released the Kraken!!
kieronk
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of kieronk
Thanks everyone for your interest in the case. I'm sorry if the impression device isn't working that well for you Yuan - I've pm'ed you. Also Karl I've pm'ed you to check in. A quick note on the impression part of the case - we've been using it for simple images, initials, two digit numbers or a choice from a list. It works well for that. I wouldn't recommend it for words or complex images. The impression you get is a mirror image, that's why it's ok for pictures, but doesn't work as well for words or complex shapes.

Also quality wise the cases themselves were made by Tony Curtis so are top notch!
kieronk
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of kieronk
A further quick thing is that the design of the Kraken is geared towards it being a very compact, pocket sized case. That naturally limits the available size for the imp. The actual window to view the imp is 80mm x 45mm. In the set up for routines I'll always guide the spectator to draw something simple, which works out well as between the size of the business card and the thickness of the marker they don't have the space to draw anything too complex! We talk through this and the use of the other features on the videos that come with the case.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
I have one on order, but was wondering how it compares with the Informant.

Currently I use the Informant as my everyday carry wallet/notepad.(I carry a SUC when I work.)
It looks like they are essentially the same in function except with the Informant allowing for a peek of the imp without opening the wallet, and BC peek method, the Informant using the Jax peek like Outlaw used in their first runs and the Kraken using the SUC method. Both have the OTL build in, I know the Kraken says it has an index, but anything can hold an index and the Informant has 2 extra CC pockets and full card sized storage behind each window.

Also, how do the imps compare, and does the Kraken come with a pen?

Tony
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
600 Posts

Profile of dyoung
Hello Tony,

First off, yes it does come with a pen.

I think the main difference is an aestethic one. The Informant is more "casual" looking and thicker, whereas the Kraken has more of a sleek business card wallet design. For me, if I would be doing a gig, I wouldn't bring my wallet out, with credit cards and cash and all that, but I would take out a business card case. So personally I use our Espionage wallet in casual situations, and the Kraken in gigs. Well actually I would use The Kraken in both professional and casual environments.

As for the index, it is a series of slits on one side in the wallet. That you can place folded bits of paper in. Sure in theory you could just use pockets as a natural index, but this is just a bit more convenient.

Hope that helps!

All the best,
Dan
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Thank you, Dan.
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1760 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Looking the part of a professional is half of the work in turning your passion for magic, mentalism, hypnosis, ANYTHING into profit.

When I'm handed a 32pt business card that came from a stylish business card case by someone, I know they get it and place a lot of thought into their business. Likewise, if a prospect takes my card and just pocket it vs put it into a business card case with their cards, it says volumes.

Why do I say all this?

The reason is pretty simple; the Kraken Case is more than just another toy that you throw into the drawer and forget about. It is the way you frame what you do, how much you care for a potential clients business and how much you value your own based on how you treat the tools of your trade.

I'm not saying that people will react to your wallet, but deep down when you pull your business card out of a business card case instead of all smashed up with your credit card numbers subtlety imprinted into like it was shoved down the Death Star's trash compactor, they will understand you are a pro.

You get the smug feeling of knowing that and it has all of the tool that a working mentalist needs to put on a perfect impromptu performance (impromptu is in readiness, not gaff-less).

Rather than rant on, take a look at why the fine craftsmanship of the Kraken Case has made real difference in my networking. Unleash the Kraken!

http://bit.ly/2qcLCZI

XX,
-Jacob

P.S. I've even mentioned in the video how I am using this lovely device in my work to create raving fans on the fly.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18823 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Much line a P.I.N., a S.U.C. is a S.U.C.!

ok, my mini reviewette...

lets credit first, ParaLabs were the first to market with an imp wallet/case as far as I'm aware...

this uses the same material, in almost the same way, but not as well...(as stated, words and numbers will be reversed)

like the stealth assassin, I always felt the leather strips were weak for an OTL and will eventually get baggy and stretched or maybe even ripped...even business cards folded always felt too thick to be inserted in the SA and this KC...so for me, paper b*ll*ts, from a notepad work best...but even then, I feel the orientation of the slits are the wrong way for optimal use...

the SUC function works well...I would not say 90-95% visible, but 65-75% for safety's sake

the marker is big in comparison to the case, which not a negative, just a proportional thing I mention as Jacob mentions it in his video...there is no marker loop in the case...

I think this is average, well made as in good quality leather and construction/build...but it is somewhat badly put together gimmick wise, apart from the SUC function...6/10
I've asked to be banned
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2017, IAIN wrote:
If Kieron is reading this, can he please PM me...

i don't know if he remembers a conversation we had in a pub a few years back, and something I showed him that I had made...

What was your beef,you said that then gave it some bad review
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18823 Posts

Profile of IAIN
None of your business
I've asked to be banned
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Karl M
It is I think because you posted about it on public forum mate,oh well,never mind mate its your secret then
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18823 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Your character's tone is slipping..
I've asked to be banned
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Karl M
I donnt know why your always tickeling my trout mate but its funny,ha ha,anyvway now I would give the Kraken case a 9 out of 10 because I come up with some routine for it and keiren gave me a tip about the imp bit what makes it work better than when I furst got it so that's a score from trying it out on peeps,ask him if you don't beleive me
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Kraken Card Wallet (with SUC) by Kieron Kirkland and Daniel Young (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL