The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Deckless ACAAN by Unknown Mentalist (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ursmagicbalu
View Profile
Inner circle
India
1080 Posts

Profile of ursmagicbalu
I am obsessed with ACAAN Plot..

I got it and really loved these ideas.

http://www.lybrary.com/deckless-acaan-p-912446.html

Mind boggling application of a classic method. The sheer range of routines given in here is simply staggering.

Simple methods and clever routines to achieve stunning outcomes.
“It’s not what you do that matters, or even how you do it;
it’s what the spectators perceive you as doing that matters.
That’s the MAGIC they’ll remember.”
Jason Messina
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of Jason Messina
Please note that "deckless" doesn't mean "propless." You will need a certain prepared something.

It's an interesting idea, but far from "mind-boggling" or anything new.

Has it ever been done with ACAAN plot? Probably not, but maybe for good reason.

So while I was underwhelmed by this, it could play strong. I will test it out this week.
ursmagicbalu
View Profile
Inner circle
India
1080 Posts

Profile of ursmagicbalu
Hi Jason,

I loved all ur Tube series...

Well, I clearly said "mind boggling APPLICATION of a classic method" - never said it is a new method. But used VERY creatively, imo.

Out of the 16 routines provided, my favs are routine 1 - Deckless Acaan with Super prediction - its a killer routine. I got great reactions both times I performed it. And routine 14 (from the included 2nd edition) - Any city at any Latlong - could do this just once - but played really well

Still not tried the other routines yet, but there's plenty of variety to work with here. Quite a stimulating collection this.
“It’s not what you do that matters, or even how you do it;
it’s what the spectators perceive you as doing that matters.
That’s the MAGIC they’ll remember.”
Rocky
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Rocky
Clever ad campaign...I have an ACAAN which reads like this:

A spectator openly names a card and a number...the magician hands the deck to the spectator who counts down to the number and reveals that the named card has indeed appeared at that spot in the deck.

I am leaving out a huge part of the selection process...but if I include it in the description I wouldn't get as many orders. Unknown Mentalist is SMART!!!!
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Anybody else get this? Not enough info to parse....
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
There are some interesting sounding ACAAN plots in the add blurb, now it's been out for awhile can anyone comment if this is worth the invested time and money
fireisyummy
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of fireisyummy
On sale for $6 at https://www.lybrary.com/deckless-acaan-p-912446.html with the following blurb "This normally costs $30, but is being offered at $6 until July 7th. The royalties share received on this by Unknown Mentalist will be sent to Tim Rose to support him with his fight against cancer. Disclaimer by Unknown Mentalist: "I have never known Tim Rose. Came to know about his illness only through recent Lybrary newsletter. Whether well known or unknown - all performers deserve our community's support equally."
markymarkmagicuk
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
299 Posts

Profile of markymarkmagicuk
Well I took the plunge and purchased the book... suffice to say, don't believe the hype! The effects description does not give the full picture, by saying the spectator has a free choice of any card and number, but forgets to mention the critical prop used! I'm not saying you need to give the method away in the description just a better description!
It's like someone selling you an illusion, the description says... the magician makes a woman appear on stage before their very eyes. Then when you receive the trick, you receive a Huge cabinet that the lady appears out of!

If there was a video trailer for any of the effects in this book, unless they edit the "vintage" force method, every magician would know how these effects are achieved. I'm glad I didn't pay the full price, another one to store in a folder on a drive somewhere!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Deckless ACAAN by Unknown Mentalist (3 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL