The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ways to Vanish a Ring (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

hnegash
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of hnegash
Hi Guys,

I'm hoping that someone can point me in the right direction. I need to be able to vanish a ring.

Here are the conditions:

1. This is a dummy ring and will never come back into play
2. I don't want to use a rope, bag or box
3. I would like it to be close to be bare handed.......similar to Sean Fields Hidden Hand, but have it work
4. I'm open to a reel, but the dummy ring must already be on the reel.
5. This will be done in a parlour setting.

Thanks for your help,

Henok
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
You could either use a pull of sleeve it. Those are the first things that come to mind
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1740 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
Have you tried the complete coin vanishes in Bobo?

Or Sean Goodman's Secret Servante, or a Topit.

Barry
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The ring does not have to be already on a reel pull, and you can do a fake transfer or the French Drop, let slip over the tip of a finger, and then as you reach forward, release and show the hand empty.

Whoops, I have said to much for free.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
More - oops, free stuff. Study thimble vanishes. Many can apply to rings as well.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
obrienmagic
View Profile
Special user
753 Posts

Profile of obrienmagic
Where it on your hand and as you remove it you will place it into classic palm and perform a spider vanish. You can then pocket it or sleeve it if need be Smile
Visit my online store at http://www.obrienmagic.com/magic-shop Smile
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
If your using a table you could use a servante and ditch it there (or a black art well). Magnets work well for ditching in various places.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Kanawati
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
301 Posts

Profile of Kanawati
John Archer in his Educating Archer DVD shows a ring vanish using a specially prepared handkerchief. It's not barehanded but it does look uncomplicated and allows for easy ditching.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Maybe you should buy one of those "red velvet bags on a stick", (commonly called a change bag) and, used by many to vanish an 18" silk for Frank Ducrot's 20th Century Silks but, it could also be used to vanish any small item. You could also use it to take up a collection from the audience. (That's what churches "usta" use it for, only the church's bag was not gaffed.)
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ways to Vanish a Ring (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL