The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Banachek Penguin Live April 30 2017! (18 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Ashton
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Ashton
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Wow, that tells us nothing. It would have been nice to provide at least a little synopsis of what is going to be presented, not just "be prepared to be prepared."

Maybe Jacob or one of the other attendees to last weeks lecture can shed some light...
kannon
View Profile
Inner circle
BCN
1025 Posts

Profile of kannon
Yeah they are getting seriously slack on their product descriptions.
My work and the Mtangulizi here http://kannonsworks.weebly.com featuring work on drawing duplications, a fiddle-free billet tear, bar mentalism, pendulums
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I know wonder what he is going to teach I love his work looking foward !
close_up_act
View Profile
Special user
Idaho Falls
774 Posts

Profile of close_up_act
I hope he goes in depth into his "pk touches" routine.
J Rodriguez
Mobius
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of Mobius
Saw him at The Event earlier this year and he was brilliant. It's the insights, presentational angles, nuances etc that that will make this such a worthwhile purchase. Having read and heard so much about him (to the point of gaining mythical status) it was great to see him in action and appreciate some of the er, subtleties, he uses in his act. Appreciate it would be good to know a bit more about what he is going to present but hey . . . it's Banachek! What else do you need to know?
Also nice to see a mentalist on Penguin Live. Doesn't appear to have been many recently.
Now that Penguin have secured Banachek they need to go after Michael Webber and get him on board. That would be awesome.
RexDeash
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of RexDeash
Can anyone who was present at the taping please inform about what was shared in the lecture?

Would love to see him lecture some of his newer material...
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
At Portland Magic Jam he lectured on his P""""" Writing, Pad Folio use, Phone Book Test, PK touches, that was the majority of it from what I remember. He wanted to touch on tools mostly and things workers could use. Very intelligent and inspiring man.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Blindside, how much of his PK touches is new? I'm fascinated by the subject and was wondering if there are new ideas and routines or a review of the "classics"
DrewBstoss
View Profile
Special user
SLC, Utah
583 Posts

Profile of DrewBstoss
I attended his lecture at the SLC Magic Jam the week before the Portland Jam. From Blindside785's description it sounds like the same lecture - it was full of solid, practical concepts and tools. It was awesome to see him demonstrate some of his material live.

He shared an interesting presentation using PK Touches that demonstrated the breadth of the technique. FAR too many of us just go the easy route of presenting "ghost touches" or "synchronicity" between two people - Banachek encouraged everyone to be artists and apply the idea in our own creative ways.

I'm REALLY looking forward to his Penguin Lecture - even if it covers the same material - as it will be great to have content that I can reference again and again!

Best,

Drew
"The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." Neil Gaiman

Please consider subscribing to my newsletter: http://eepurl.com/hmdnUX
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2828 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Banachek never disappoints! Very much looking forward to this lecture! Banachek, from my perspective, is one of the most convincing mind readers of our time. If you want to see someone who makes mind reading look real, and do so in a very entertaining manner, study Banachek.
colin72
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of colin72
Quote:
On Apr 4, 2017, kannon wrote:
Yeah they are getting seriously slack on their product descriptions.

Yeah, you never know when one of their live lectures doesn't turn out to be live... or a lecture. Like Derren Brown. Like Dynamo. Like David Berglass.

I hope this will be a live lecture but we've been burned before. "Banacheck's Penguin Recorded Interview" isn't as appealing.
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
You kids are in for one hell of a treat...

You haven't seen crap until you've seen Banachek unleashed upon an intimate 50 person audience...

These guys see the best every week, but Banachek really really left a stellar impression on them.

The lecture...

You'll see, just have some faith and buy it.

Tell me it's not worth the price of admission and I'll call you a shrink because you're obviously beyond help. Smile

XX,
-Jakob

P.S. My favorite thing from the lecture (which is really really hard to choose) would have to be his section on PK Touches. He created it and he will always be king.
hashtagmagic
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of hashtagmagic
I'm sure it'll be good. From what people are saying, I'll predict that he catered it to a more pro audience. Newbies who want a bunch of tricks might not like this. Accurate?
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Lets hope so. Banachek is not for beginners anyway.
rev_marcus
View Profile
New user
Just getting started with
95 Posts

Profile of rev_marcus
I attended it, didn't really take many notes because I plan on purchasing the lecture and just wanted to enjoy it. There was a lot of updates from the Psi Series plus some additional things. Overall it was great. Here is what I remember, there was probably more:

This 'n That
Business Card Russian Roulette
Invisible Palmtop
Word of the Ring
Business card word revelation
Pocket writing
Picture Duplication Close up
Number Duplication close up
Picture Duplication Stage
Q and A
Fork Bending
PK Touches

Also Jakob got his Rubik's Cube solved.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2828 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Thanks for sharing this list!

Great to hear there are updates from the PSI Series DVD set. PSI Series was the first set of mentalism DVDs I purchased, and are truly outstanding. PSI Series DVD #1, "Mentalism for the Casual Performer" is one excellent resource for those just starting out.
Ba Ba Booey
View Profile
Special user
In Denver, I have no less than
548 Posts

Profile of Ba Ba Booey
I just saw Banachek lecture (and perform twice) in Portland, Oregon last month. Fantastic lecture. He filmed this Penguin lecture a day or two later. As soon as I saw it was available, I purchased the Penguin lecture. In Portland, he pretty much covered the material that Rev Marcus listed above. I'm sure I won't be disappointed!
truman
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of truman
I had the good fortune to be in attendance when Banachek performed at Monday Night Magic in NYC very recently. He is so dang talented (and suave, mysterious, humorous, confident...). It felt to me that the entire audience was on the edge of our seats in anticipation, especially during one of his routines that had us worried for his safety. He was plucking thoughts from audience members as if our minds were on speakerphone. I'm very much looking forward to his Penguin lecture.
Magic Life
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Magic Life
Quote:
On Apr 12, 2017, rev_marcus wrote:
I attended it, didn't really take many notes because I plan on purchasing the lecture and just wanted to enjoy it. There was a lot of updates from the Psi Series plus some additional things. Overall it was great. Here is what I remember, there was probably more:

This 'n That
Business Card Russian Roulette
Invisible Palmtop
Word of the Ring
Business card word revelation
Pocket writing
Picture Duplication Close up
Number Duplication close up
Picture Duplication Stage
Q and A
Fork Bending
PK Touches

Also Jakob got his Rubik's Cube solved.

Hey Marcus, thanks here for the details, I really got more interested in it now.
Solid breaking stuffs.

Best..
Magic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Banachek Penguin Live April 30 2017! (18 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL