The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » H.G. Effect by Shawn Farquhar (ACAAN) (40 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
Right back on topic, I have been practising the move now since I bought this and am very pleased with how it is looking, I reckon about another weeks worth of practice and I think this will be ready!! Can't wait to go and fry some brains with this one! A top quality release!!!
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1223 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
Knowing what Shawn has in the pipeline for release by the end of the year, both of his and Steve Bargatze, it is the crap like Colin pulls that makes me worry that very giving and talented creators like Shawn are just going to throw their hands up and ask whats the point. Release killer material that is workable in the real world, and get their credibility and character impugned. Sad state......
scott0819
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Ont.
1040 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Is this going to be a Palmer Magic exclusive indefinitely?
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
760 Posts

Profile of Shawn Farquhar
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2017, scott0819 wrote:
Is this going to be a Palmer Magic exclusive indefinitely?

Hi Scott,

Yes as it stands I have no reason to release it on any other platform (other than my other project Magician U) or to any other distributor. With that said I have been approached by several companies in the past few days. I'm not sure what the advantage is to me or you the consumer to allow another company to supply that which I can already offer. If you have some insight that might change my current position, I'm open to hear the benefits. Thanks -shawn
scott0819
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Ont.
1040 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Well the only advantage really is that some sites store downloadable content in an online "library" with other purchases that can be streamed to any device. As someone that doesn't actually own my own computer, that's a convenience. Otherwise I typically download on my work computer (or wife's), transfer to a Dropbox account, etc. Having the videos accessible in the cloud is helpful for me.
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
760 Posts

Hi Scott0819,

I understand the streaming offer and that would almost double the cost of the download as I would pay for each time you chose to watch the video online. If I were to sell it to another company capable of offering this at a reduced rate the price increase for me to continue to get my fee would almost double the end price to you the user. Most companies in magic demand a 60% reduction in the cost to them. So a $10 download would mean I would receive $4.00. This would mean the new retail price would have to be close to $17.00 for me to maintain my current payment.

In regards to the library, I do offer that at PalmerMagic. If you created an account at checkout, then you can see all your purchases and download the files you own. These files can also be downloaded to your smart phone or tablet, if you don't have a computer.

Thanks for your input, it is appreciated.

-shawn
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
This download is extremely well made. Shawn explains everything in detail, and most importantly, quickly and straight to the point !

It is so rare to find a high-quality download of this type these days, because usually the magicians takes 5 minutes to explain something that could be explained in 15 sec.

Thanks for that, Shawn.
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
scott0819
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Ont.
1040 Posts

Profile of scott0819
A 60% take is standard? Wow, that's ridiculous. My convenience isn't worth screwing over the creator. That said, based on all the reviews (except one Smile) you priced this way too low.
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
760 Posts

Scott,

Yes, the creator spends years to develop the idea, then spends a lot to actually produce the effect (Filming, Editing, Rendering, DVD Authoring, Art Work, Printing, DVD replication, etc) then sells it for $20 and gets $8.00 a unit. The other 60% is split between the wholesaler and the retailer and they usually each get 30% for their part. After all the expenses of the creator they usually make about 15%, if their costs are low. It's a not well known part of the magic world. It's totally acceptable, as it's part of business... by doing a direct download from my own site I make a little more and offer it you for half the price... If I had made this into a DVD I could have easily sold it for $30, but why? Thanks again for your post.

Thanks to doriancaudal for your comments too.

In fact, thanks to all of you for your interest and support.

-shawn
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
This looks like another solid offering from Shawn, one of his real workers that he has come to share with us all at a ridiculously low cost. Great secrets would ordinarily cost much more from such highly accomplished workers, but Shawn has explained how he has kept it low. I applaud that, as you can go out and by all the over-priced stuff you want and many times get much less, if that's your bag.

For me, the "H.G. Effect" is a really clean & clever take on the ACAAN theme, it's not hard to do and plays quite amazingly as Shawn shows in the videos. With that, it's HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, as is most magic offered by Shawn. Smile 🚀

*Oh, and people, do yourself a favor and DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS! 👹

The more you feed them with response to their bait, the more they will disrupt and poison the string, perhaps eventually destroying everything. It has happened often enough around here and killed many a good discussion. And trolls aren't always just newbies phishing around for something to burn, but they could be people that are just off the edge, and that get-off going against the grain or walking the wheel the other way. The more people that answer their calls (traps), it's like throwing logs on a flame that does nothing but burn down your own house. DON'T FEED THE TROLLS! 👺
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Gerry Hennessey
View Profile
Special user
852 Posts

Profile of Gerry Hennessey
Shawn,

Greetings and Congratulations from Maple Ridge.

Your release is nothing less than brilliant. Those with the slightest interest in the ACAAN effect will benefit greatly by your teaching and experience.

I will have great pleasure in recommending this to my colleagues on the PEA website.

We all await your next creative endeavor.

Wishing you continued success in all that you do.

Gerry Hennessey
"Every discipline effects every other discipline. You can't straighten out the corporation if your closet is a mess" Jim Rohn
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Another great release from Shawn.

Saw him lecture a few years ago in England & really you can't go wrong with anything he releases.

Good product & love hios performance thinking behind this.

Mike Donoghue
davidmag
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of davidmag
Indeed! Tremendous release.Thanks for this Shawn! You are the Man!
Drtriage
View Profile
Elite user
My garden fence has
463 Posts

Profile of Drtriage
Quote:
On Apr 5, 2017, BMWGuy wrote:
Hey guys,

I bought it on Friday, since I subscribe to his newsletter, and received 30% off, so paid $7.00.

Alex Alejandro

Have subscribed to newsletter so hopefully will get discount, looking forward to this.
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
760 Posts

Quote:
On Apr 15, 2017, Drtriage wrote:

Hey guys,

Have subscribed to newsletter so hopefully will get discount, looking forward to this.

Hi Drtriage,

Sorry but the special discount was only for a three day period and only to current subscribers to my newsletter.
The good news is that now you are subscribed you will be notified about my next releases and I always offer something special when I release an item.

Sincerely,

-shawn
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
760 Posts

Seems a few folks are confused on how to get the short extra video I added to clarify the QH moment on the trailer. I added the video to the Performance download, so you need only click and download the file again to get the extra video in the folder. If you have deleted the original email you can also log into your account on my website to access the downloads. If you chose not to make an account when you made the purchase, you can send me an email and I will make the system send you the email again.

-shawn
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
760 Posts

Me again...

Just to be crystal clear, anyone who purchased the download after April 9th will already have the extra video in the folder.

-shawn
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
(As a side note, I'm glad the pest and troll control team has done a thorough job!) Smile
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
After reading this thread, I just had to buy this effect - just 5 minutes ago - as I don't possess an ACAAN routine.
Seeing the videos, it looks "too good to be true" ... but the thread supports the creator and the routine.
So, intrigue got the best of me.

I presently perform two Open Prediction routines. Premonition by Eddie Joseph and The Los Angeles Open by Gordon Bean.

If the H.G. Effect is on par, I will not be disappointed.
God bless our creative thinkers!
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
So wulfie, what do you think? Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » H.G. Effect by Shawn Farquhar (ACAAN) (40 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL