We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Turning Thoughts into Gold (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SandyWeber
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of SandyWeber
Anyone have this book and could give a brief review? I had heard it deals with mentalism among other things.

Sandy
Gregg Tobo
View Profile
New user
Denver
64 Posts

Profile of Gregg Tobo
Sandy,

Turning Thoughts into Gold has many excellent ideas for the psychic reader and spirit medium.

The book opens with some bold presentational ideas for the use of billets by the private reader. Not more moves (well, there is one new move...), but cloaks by which we can justify our use and handling of billets.

There follows a facinating chapter on how a couple of successful readers contrived to score the dope on their clients.

The bulk of the book consists of seance material. There is a seance that can be done in full light, and some thoughts on producing dark-room manifestations with innocent unsuspected items. Also a nice message producing sequence with ungaffed slates.

The book ends with a couple of mentalism effects, a method of performing Pseudo Psychometry that is innocent and disarming. And an impossible sealed envelope challenge finale, spun from a good measure of bluff and bravado.

The ideas are fresh and simple in the most positive sense, though they are not for the faint-hearted.

Gregg Tobo
SandyWeber
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of SandyWeber
Thanks Gregg!

It does, indeed, sound like an interesting book. I had heard some good things about it. As I am also interested in seance type stuff, it looks like a must-buy for me.

Thanks so much for the review!

Best,
Sandy
brooklyn
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of brooklyn
You can obtain the book from Martini's Magic in PA. (717) 456-6604.

Brooklyn.
Phil C
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
903 Posts

Profile of Phil C
Hi,

So does this book focus on the mentalism techniques rather than the psychic business?
I have some of Richard Webster books, and those are excellent for an overview of the psychic industry.
MrHyde
View Profile
Special user
810 Posts

Profile of MrHyde
Great book with interesting ideas.

Mr Hyde
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Turning Thoughts into Gold (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL