The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » SansMinds Magic » » SansMinds- Unlock (16 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
codydavismagic
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of codydavismagic
Yes it works with android and iPhone. No gimmick needed
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1555 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Apr 12, 2017, codydavismagic wrote:
Yes it works with android and iPhone. No gimmick needed

Is it genuinely on the lock screen when you unlock it with your fingerprint?

Sleepy
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
99.999999 % sure the answer is no that sleepy. I asked the same question above and of all the posts Morgan has come on here and chipped in with, he has said what he did rather than try to sell it, make it sound good and really that good we should purchase, plus if the answer was yes that it is locked - he would have said.
codydavismagic
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Sleepy and Prince, sent a Pm going into a little bit more detail.
Fatgumbo
View Profile
Veteran user
Melbourne, Australia
303 Posts

Profile of Fatgumbo
Come on guys, let's not expose the method. This looks great, better then what sansminds have put out recently.

Do you actually believe that the phone can be genuinely locked before the effect happens ? Otherwise that would just defeat the whole security purpose of passcodes.
TTT
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of TTT
If the FBI can´t unlock the Iphone, I am sure that Sansminds can´t either.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk......62e253cc
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Quote:
On Apr 12, 2017, codydavismagic wrote:
Sleepy and Prince, sent a Pm going into a little bit more detail.

There is no point in me sending you a PM as I don't have this and don't know the workings or method. Plus like everything on the Café we are just speculating. So there can't be any exposure as we don't know the secret to expose. What we and anyone else at this stage are doing, is looking at this from a layman and giving our thoughts about it. Because come on, this is exactly what lay men and our audience will do as well - is try and work out how you did it. That's what magic is all about - you presenting the impossible and them trying to work out how it was possible. Anyone who works in the real world know this is what they do, them chat amoungst themselves of ways it could have been done etc.
Gregor Mann
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Gregor Mann
I see a massive problem with this.Imagine someone is unlocking your Phone with his fingerprint, how would you react ? - I would ask that Guy to do it again right away. What the magician cant do and then it is Just a puzzle - you know that it was not locked when you handed Out The Phone before the magician unlocked it - case closed . And don't tell me with audience Management the spectator wont ask to See it again under real test conditions. I am not looking for an effect that amazes some drunk Girls at a party for a few minutes/seconds. This is after "never there" the second effect that needs some preshow work on the spectators phone. I don't like it
My latest Rubberband effect
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/7616

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-rjVv3a60g&t=18s
10 Tricks that might fool you or not Smile
Fatgumbo
View Profile
Veteran user
Melbourne, Australia
303 Posts

Profile of Fatgumbo
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2017, Gregor Mann wrote:
I see a massive problem with this.Imagine someone is unlocking your Phone with his fingerprint, how would you react ? - I would ask that Guy to do it again right away. What the magician cant do and then it is Just a puzzle - you know that it was not locked when you handed Out The Phone before the magician unlocked it - case closed . And don't tell me with audience Management the spectator wont ask to See it again under real test conditions. I am not looking for an effect that amazes some drunk Girls at a party for a few minutes/seconds. This is after "never there" the second effect that needs some preshow work on the spectators phone. I don't like it

Why do you have to do it again? Just do it once, and then either do another trick or just change the topic. Or give a false explanation, Don't give them a chance to see it again
codydavismagic
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

I haven't performed it a ton but so far I haven't been asked to perform it again
Gregor Mann
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Gregor Mann
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2017, codydavismagic wrote:
I haven't performed it a ton but so far I haven't been asked to perform it again

It happens with almost every visual piece of magic, that a spectator wants to see it again. I would want to see it again under test conditions if it was my phone and when the magician continues with other stuff I would hold my phone right under his nose.

At what situations have you performed it?
My latest Rubberband effect
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/7616

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-rjVv3a60g&t=18s
10 Tricks that might fool you or not Smile
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
741 Posts

Profile of Shawn Farquhar
I know nothing about this effect, but was just reading the thread and shook my head at this comment:

"That's what magic is all about - you presenting the impossible and them trying to work out how it was possible." PRINCE

Really, is that what magic is all about?
I do magic for a living and could not disagree more...
I don't present puzzles, I create mini miracles and memories.

OK, I'll get off my soapbox and let's back to the discussion on this cool looking effect... thanks.

Respectfully,

-shawn
codydavismagic
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

I have so far performed it on the street and at a party. Great reactions and mostly just them freaking out, from even some of them screaming and leaving the room because they were so astonished. You can really play up the presentation and make it something very special for the spectators, and something they will remember.
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2017, Shawn Farquhar wrote:
I know nothing about this effect, but was just reading the thread and shook my head at this comment:

"That's what magic is all about - you presenting the impossible and them trying to work out how it was possible." PRINCE

Really, is that what magic is all about?
I do magic for a living and could not disagree more...
I don't present puzzles, I create mini miracles and memories.

OK, I'll get off my soapbox and let's back to the discussion on this cool looking effect... thanks.

Respectfully,

-shawn

Yes Shawn, that is what it's about from a spectators perspective. Let's not get into the whole "but it's about them being entertained, that's the important thing" etc. Yes that is true, but also very true that your audience will try and work out what they just seen.

I too do magic for a living and too create mini miracles and memories. But think like a spectator for a second, and apart from seeing a mini miracle which is 'impossible' they will then try to work it out. That's how they think - always have and always will.
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
603 Posts

Profile of qkeli
Hi there, can someone tell us whats new in this effect comaring to the excellent ones that are already out such as Michael MURRAY, Myke Philips and others....
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7189 Posts

Profile of pegasus
No comment.
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1552 Posts

Profile of celebrity
After watching the trailer for this I was a little concerned that the main effect was the identical to a bonus routine from my book of iPhone effects titled "Calculated Risk" (released in 2015).

I emailed SansMinds and whilst they quickly asked which book of mine I was referring to BUT they have yet to respond further. I have emailed them several times since including sending them a digital copy of my book but they haven't even given me the courtesy of a simple reply to say they are still investigating. It "appears" that they simply do not care! SansMinds, this is not a way to run your business.

Having had no luck with SansMinds I contacted Morgan and thankfully HE as an individual responded very quickly. I exchanged a copy of my ebook for his download and we both checked out our respective works. Sadly we discovered that the main idea on this DVD along with one of Morgans bonus ideas were in fact already released by me in 2015.

I must stress here that I FULLY believe that this was independent thinking on Morgans part and DO NOT think bad of him in any way. After all, these things have happened to me in the past, "Code Breaker" was another example where Greg Wilson had independently created another of my iPhone techniques (which was also released in one of my earlier books and rather ironically was further improved and included within my Calculated Risk book too.

When problems like this arise it is how they are dealt with that counts. In the case of Code Breaker Penguin (as the producers and distributors of the product) got in touch with me to reach a resolve SandsMinds sadly have not.

I mention these things solely because I am finding more and more of my ideas included within other product releases, books, DVDs downloads and lectures and very rarely does anyone ask my direct personal permission to teach them. On top of this many fail to credit me resulting in my ideas getting miss-credited to others. I am not after fame but a little recognition or higher regard for ethics would be nice. Perhaps a little more research on Morgans part would have prevented this oversight but I can forgive him Smile

I will close by repeating that in this instance I am happy that Morgan independently created the same ideas and and despite the lack of correspondence from SansMinds, I do wish Morgan alone the very best of success with it. He has some nice thoughts and additional ideas that won’t be found in my book so those interested in iPhone magic/mentalism may still want to pick this up. Those that have my book will still find value in this and vice versa.

As for any further correspondence from SansMinds as company, lets see if they ever bother to reply, I certainly won't be holding my breath!

Best Wishes Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
NRmind
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of NRmind
That is very disconcerting.

I thought this worked with any phone? Your excellent calc risk methodology not only is Iphone specific, but I have a VERY hard time believing someone else discovered it. The sequence is just too random and too perfect.

As an owner of many of your excellent products Michael I hope sansmind hasn't ripped you off.
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Is the number you're thinking of...
1452 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Quote:
On Apr 15, 2017, celebrity wrote:
After watching the trailer for this I was a little concerned that the main effect was the identical to a bonus routine from my book of iPhone effects titled "Calculated Risk" (released in 2015).

I emailed SansMinds and whilst they quickly asked which book of mine I was referring to BUT they have yet to respond further. I have emailed them several times since including sending them a digital copy of my book but they haven't even given me the courtesy of a simple reply to say they are still investigating. It "appears" that they simply do not care! SansMinds, this is not a way to run your business.

Having had no luck with SansMinds I contacted Morgan and thankfully HE as an individual responded very quickly. I exchanged a copy of my ebook for his download and we both checked out our respective works. Sadly we discovered that the main idea on this DVD along with one of Morgans bonus ideas were in fact already released by me in 2015.

I must stress here that I FULLY believe that this was independent thinking on Morgans part and DO NOT think bad of him in any way. After all, these things have happened to me in the past, "Code Breaker" was another example where Greg Wilson had independently created another of my iPhone techniques (which was also released in one of my earlier books and rather ironically was further improved and included within my Calculated Risk book too.

When problems like this arise it is how they are dealt with that counts. In the case of Code Breaker Penguin (as the producers and distributors of the product) got in touch with me to reach a resolve SandsMinds sadly have not.

I mention these things solely because I am finding more and more of my ideas included within other product releases, books, DVDs downloads and lectures and very rarely does anyone ask my direct personal permission to teach them. On top of this many fail to credit me resulting in my ideas getting miss-credited to others. I am not after fame but a little recognition or higher regard for ethics would be nice. Perhaps a little more research on Morgans part would have prevented this oversight but I can forgive him Smile

I will close by repeating that in this instance I am happy that Morgan independently created the same ideas and and despite the lack of correspondence from SansMinds, I do wish Morgan alone the very best of success with it. He has some nice thoughts and additional ideas that won’t be found in my book so those interested in iPhone magic/mentalism may still want to pick this up. Those that have my book will still find value in this and vice versa.

As for any further correspondence from SansMinds as company, lets see if they ever bother to reply, I certainly won't be holding my breath!

Best Wishes Michael

A gentleman... you rock Michael. I've been been using your method for a while now and it never fails to get an amazing reaction.

-Eli
Morgan Strebler
View Profile
V.I.P.
Inside Your Mind
449 Posts

Profile of Morgan Strebler
This basically boils down to me not researching the effect further after showing Peter Turner in 2014. I came up with this effect when I contributed to his "When in Rome" book. He said he'd never seen it before. That being said I'm sure he see's tons of stuff on a regular basis, and can't remember everything.

As for SansMinds being to blame as a company, I don't understand that. I don't think any company should be to blamed for creator error. Even though I, Indépendantly conceived the same effect as Michael, it's not SansMinds fault for releasing the product. It's my fault for not doing enough research on the effect. I should have done more looking around on my part.

Best Wishes,

Morgan
Morgan
<BR>
<BR>http://www.morganstrebler.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » SansMinds Magic » » SansMinds- Unlock (16 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL