The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Limited Edition Walnut B98 Pro by Handcrafted Miracles (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
618 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
Here is a video link to our latest....B98 Pro Limited Edition.

https://youtu.be/Uq98msn5DBg

Walnut B98 Pro (limited edition) by Handcrafted Miracles
Handcrafted Miracles is pleased to release our finest piece to date. Every box will be custom built to order on a first come first served basis, and each model will be strictly limited to 30 boxes. Walnut B98 will include a laser cut, signed, and numbered certificate of authenticity.

Last year Box 98 set a new standard for close-up magic and mentalism boxes by eliminating any switches and allowing the spectator them self to unlock and remove the contents. It has continued to sell out worldwide and has become a staple the acts of many respected professionals including former FISM award winners.
The new hardwood version offers the same blazing fast invisible loads yet is even more examinable than the original. It also adds some significant functionality.

Spectators can now load and lock the box yet it can be unloaded with the same ease and speed as it loads, making it the ultimate steal and switch box as well. With the addition of an optional rattle (available upon order), coins and finger rings may be proven to remain locked inside by the spectator them self.
The increased functionality allows for truly unlimited possibilities.

Here are a few examples to get your creative juices flowing:

Mentalism- Ask spectator (a) to write the name of someone meaningful to them on a business card then fold it, and lock it in the box. Hand the box to spectator (b) and ask them to put it safely away. You produce a small notebook and do a cold reading, eventually closing the notebook, and placing it on the table. Retrieve the box from spectator (b) and immediately hand it to the initial spectator to unlock. You ask them to remove, unfold, and lay the business card on the table. They then open your notebook for a jaw-dropping match.

Multiple Punch Finger Rings- Spectator (a) removes their finger ring and locks it securely in the box. Place the box on the table in front of spectator (b) and ask them to give it a shake to ensure the ring is still in the box. Spectator (b) removes their ring, which vanishes…. no worries the ring is on your key ring, but wait, it is spectator (a)’s ring. Spectator (b) gives the box another shake and certainly, there is a ring still in there. Hand the box to spectator (a) who unlocks the box, which now holds the ring of spectator (b).

Impossibly Predicted Card to Impossible Location- Magician goes through the deck, chooses and folds a card as a future prediction and asks spectator to lock it in the box. Magician has a card signed and preforms various miracles. Eventually the spectator unlocks opens the box that has been in their possession the entire time and inside is only one card, their signed card.

Each Walnut B98 Pro is hand crafted from fine American Walnut and inlaid with Maple, Ebony, and Mahogany. The mechanism is hand tuned to be both visually and functionally perfect. If you are one of the lucky 30 to receive one and it is not the most versatile, beautiful, and functionally perfect close up box you have ever seen you can return it within a week for a full refund, no questions asked.
You can order yours directly from our website @ www.handcraftedmiracles.com

Best Regards,
Dan and Jon
Handcrafted Miracles
Owner of Handcrafted Miracles, San Diego
www.handcraftedmiracles.com

See our items and like us on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/handcraftedmiracles
Maxy
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of Maxy
Looks very beautiful and it is great addition to an already awesome prop.
Direct link to the product:
https://www.handcraftedmiracles.com/prod......-edition
The original is one of my best purchases ever.
I wish you all the best.
My artificial intelligence designs:
https://instagram.com/9picks
Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
618 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
Thanks Maxy. You are a true gent

Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
618 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
9 boxes sold today, 21 remaining. If you really want one let me know and maybe we can make arrangements to reserve one. To keep the value I will be cutting these off strictly at 30 orders. I am hopeful this will help minimize over exposure for those who do purchase as well.

J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Wow! This looks absolutely fantastic! Wish I could get one! Smile Not only does it look good but it sounds like you added significant functionality to it too. Methinks you have outdone yourself Dan!

Jim
Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
618 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
Quote:
On Apr 15, 2017, J-Mac wrote:
Wow! This looks absolutely fantastic! Wish I could get one! Smile Not only does it look good but it sounds like you added significant functionality to it too. Methinks you have outdone yourself Dan!

Jim

Thank you Jim. These are pretty diddicult to build but you know we always try to push the creative and artistic envelope. I think folks will really like them.

smikey12000
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of smikey12000
Please don't flame me but
My initial reaction is
I'm a little sad only because if I knew this elite edition was coming out so soon after the first Box 98,
I would never have purchased the first form and definitely would have purchased this more advanced
and capable and versatile form of the product .
I will try to bring myself to purchase this box to replace the first
If I can get over my initial reaction in time before all are sold out
I realize 2.0 products are created and improved upon all the time
I just wish I had such an incling as I just recently received the first box
Which was a definite premium investment for me
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
WOW WOW WOW. Superb congratulations
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
Although the price is high, I'm not surprised that it's going fast, and people seem to want it. The box looks wonderful, so beautiful. Look like the kind of things you see from Magic Wagon. That box surely will become a collector.
Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
618 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
Quote:
On Apr 15, 2017, smikey12000 wrote:
Please don't flame me but
My initial reaction is
I'm a little sad only because if I knew this elite edition was coming out so soon after the first Box 98,
I would never have purchased the first form and definitely would have purchased this more advanced
and capable and versatile form of the product .
I will try to bring myself to purchase this box to replace the first
If I can get over my initial reaction in time before all are sold out
I realize 2.0 products are created and improved upon all the time
I just wish I had such an incling as I just recently received the first box
Which was a definite premium investment for me

Firstly my friend I would never flame you, I truly care about my fellow artists and their opinions. Let me just say a few things to clarify how this came about in hopes that you understand that there was no subversive intent.

About 3 1/2 years ago when I came up with the idea I was initially going to make these out of wood which is my true love. However I was stymied at every turn. I just couldn't crack the precision and strength required to make it work so I switched gears and bought 3d printers to make the box 98 design we settled on (more about that whole process in the Box 98 thread)

We released Box 98 in December and it is now April so it has been almost 4 months since the initial release.

In the interim I continued to try various methods to make an effective wood version. Last month I upgraded my saw with a precision piece of equipment which I shared with folks in the workshop section here on the Café. (to the tune of almost $1000) This finally gave me the ability to make the function I had been missing and opened some new possibilities as well.

The problem remains (as any real woodworker will attest) that this type of micro precision work is difficult and time consuming. Each box takes over 30 hours, much of which is spent with Japanese saws, needle files and razor x_acto chisels to make the perfect fit. I could honestly build and install kitchen cabinets in the same amount of time I spend on each box. I know, I have done it. Just the tolerances for mortising out the lock alone are so tight that one slip and the box goes into the trash.

Along with finally cracking the wood box the other functionality simply presented itself. The plastic would not allow for the same functionality as it would have not been strong enough (being so thin) to allow for it.

Because these take so much time I had to limit the amount I could realistically make, and charge what I am, or I just couldn't do it.

I just wanted to make sure you understood that I never planned to release an upgrade right away, and quite frankly had no idea if I would ever be able to make a wood version work at all until quite recently.

I am sorry if it put you out, but for what it's worth I still believe the box you bought represents a value far beyond it's price when you compare it to other items released in the same price range.

Best,
Dan

Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
618 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
Quote:
On Apr 15, 2017, simplymagicweb wrote:
WOW WOW WOW. Superb congratulations

Thanks Sean, Yours as well as others should start being posted next week. I am anxious to hear what you think if it.

Personally I am ecstatic about how they are turning out.

Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
618 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
Quote:
On Apr 15, 2017, mh1001 wrote:
Although the price is high, I'm not surprised that it's going fast, and people seem to want it. The box looks wonderful, so beautiful. Look like the kind of things you see from Magic Wagon. That box surely will become a collector.

Thanks mate, I sure hope so. Box 98 has literally soaked up my life for some time now. From the start I kinda saw the design ie: the speed and casual load ability and the ability to allow the spectators to handle, unlock and remove the contents from the box to be pretty groundbreaking in close up.

After having been a performer for the better part of my 56 years on the planet I would like to think I could leave some indelible mark on the art I love. Hopefully some will remember it down the road and say they remember when a classic was released. Hey a guy can dream right?

Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
618 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
I have had several folks ask questions about the rattle function and the optional flocking inside the box. I thought I would try to answer them here....

While I have spent my life fooling laymen, if you follow my threads on the Café you know I have absolutely no interest in being anything other than transparent with my fellow artists. With that in mind here are my thoughts on the rattle and the interior padding/flocking on the wooden box.

With the original Box 98, because it was plastic, you could easily hear a card rattle around in the box. With the wooden version you really can barely hear it at all even without any padding or flocking. There is an additional charge for flocking the interior and for the rattle. If you are going to use it with cards or billets it really does not make sense to add it. The rattle is made to sound more like a coin or heavy ring inside the box.

The rattle itself has no definitive off/on function. It is hidden in one of the walls at an angle so that you can handle the box when it is supposedly empty without too much concern of it making noise, however with a side to side shake it will rattle like a coin sliding back and forth. There are several circumstances where I have found it really beneficial as a convincer, but in my honest opinion, it is not indicated if you are planning primarily card or billet work, or if you plan on switching back and forth. If you see yourself only using it for coins, rings, keys or the like then it can bring a great convincer to the table.

Regarding the interior padding and flocking. As with Box 98 we will provide a bottom pad for those instances where you may wish to use coins or rings to quite the load. However, I would suggest keeping it removable and not flocking the side walls if you plan on loading playing cards or billets as this can really slow down those paper loads.

I hope this helps. PM me with any questions.

Happy Easter
Dan

Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
618 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
The first Box98 Pro Walnut boxes are shipping this week. Walnut is a beautiful wood for these and they are turning out even better than I had hoped. We are strictly limiting these to 30 boxes total of this model and there are 6 of 30 left. Each box will be supplied with a signed and numbered laser engraved plaque (pictured). If you would like to reserve one they are available on our website @ www.handcraftedmiracles.com

Thanks for looking
Dan

simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Just received this. Superb. One major difference compared to the Original Box 98 is the ease in which you can STEAL and SWITCH an object from the box. I will be using this as the finale to my ring transpo routine.

The box is also smaller than the original which is also a bonus for me

Great work Dan. I'm delighted to own 1 of these 30 boxes.
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
It really is a well made box. As versatile as it is, it will still take a fair amount of practice to make it look smooth. The ability to steal and replace opens a whole lot of options and Dan's videos give a ton of ideas and tips. Luckily we shouldn't read "I got it this morning and it's going into my 'act' tonight." Great work Dan.
Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
618 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
Thanks gents, as always I am here to help with any issues or concerns.

gimpy2
View Profile
Special user
960 Posts

Profile of gimpy2
I was a fan of Dans work from the beginning. The attention to detail is just incredible. I have worked with both the original box 98 and the walnut pro version.
The load and steal options are so much better with the walnut version. Gimpys magic was happy to be chosen as the only dealer authorized to sell the box 98 walnut.We have a few in hand and ready to ship. Thanks goes out to my friend Dan for including us in this very special release.

Gimpy
algebraic
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of algebraic
Gimpy, you and Dan are making my wallet open all by itself.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Tell me about it! They're trying to make me spend money I don't have! Smile

Jim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Limited Edition Walnut B98 Pro by Handcrafted Miracles (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL